Bring old maps back for a week.

in WvW

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

I think that Anet should bring the old BL’s back just for a week to see if some people come back to WvW and play on the old BL’s. This could help us see if WvW is truly dead.

People would just play the maps purely as a reason to justify the new map hate. Then they’ll go back to complaining that WvW gets ignored as people continue to zerg blob ktrain.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I know we live in a world where everything is immediate and instant. Have some patience.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

The new maps haven’t even been out a month…. The expansion buzz hasn’t even worn off yet, just give it time to see what happens before we start trying to justify the hate in our heads.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I think that Anet should bring the old BL’s back just for a week to see if some people come back to WvW and play on the old BL’s. This could help us see if WvW is truly dead.

People would just play the maps purely as a reason to justify the new map hate. Then they’ll go back to complaining that WvW gets ignored as people continue to zerg blob ktrain.

Couldn’t agree more.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Infraction.6137

Infraction.6137

Should have done away with the old maps completely.

People will continue going to Eternal Battlegrounds because its the easy way to farm. People like to blob zerg because its the path of least resistance.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

The WvW community, god bless it, tends to freak out over any changes and takes a good long while before it adjusts.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yes but nobody seems to be listening when people respond and say the maps are empty because people are doing other things, and to wait a bit to see the full effect.

It could very well be that the new maps cause a permanent mass exodus. But one week after launch of an expansion I think is too early to claim utter failure.

In the meantime, look for bugs, things you’d like to change/could live with if tweaked (assuming the new maps are here to stay) and add to the dialogue.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I look forward to the week they get rotated back in.

I was looking forward to the dessert BL and after trying it out a few times, I’m liking it less and less. Lots of little annoyances (among a few big ones) just don’t make it as fun as the alpine ones.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Yes but nobody seems to be listening when people respond and say the maps are empty because people are doing other things, and to wait a bit to see the full effect.

It could very well be that the new maps cause a permanent mass exodus. But one week after launch of an expansion I think is too early to claim utter failure.

In the meantime, look for bugs, things you’d like to change/could live with if tweaked (assuming the new maps are here to stay) and add to the dialogue.

Well then this would be the perfect way to prove that the new bl isn’t a failure and people are too busy right now for WvW right?

I mean why would anyone give up on their PvE grind to play the old bl that they have already spent countless hours on, when they won’t give it up to check out the shiny new bl?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Noblehawk.8036

Noblehawk.8036

Does not help unless Anet reverts upgrading back to old system also (including the way supply and camps used to work). Upgrading can be free, but should be behind some light grind wall (for example the WvW ability system I suggested in some earlier post).

Maps AND upgrades are 2 main pure WvW issues for me at least. Don’t want to play even on EB before upgrading is fixed.

…and yes – in their current state the new maps do not belong to WvW and do more harm than good. Can they be fixed so that they would be better than old ones? Maybe… but likely it takes less time to start from scratch / go with old ones and dump these deserted art projects to some future PvE expansion.

I have very little fate for Anet fixing WvW in near (or distant) future. It is impossible to get any real plans/timetables out from them and based on history it is more likely that things go only worse when they finally decide to do something. Being “innovative” in WvW development while all the best solutions are already in forums is not quite bright…. Unless the goal is to lose the old customers and bring in new different kinds of customers.

For a while now I’ve tried to find something interesting to do from PvE world and failing in that front also… so I bet it wont take too long before I find myself back from EvE where I used to do my pvp’ing before this game. At least I know what I am going to get from there.

in WvW

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

Don’t forget night-capping! Let them use their gold to upgrade all their towers and keeps. We’ll just take them all during night-time when there’s no one to defend! It’s such a great gold-sink! Hooray!!

in WvW

Posted by: Killacam.2064

Killacam.2064

I know we live in a world where everything is immediate and instant. Have some patience.

I’m not sure what you mean by this. They had a long time to work on these maps and they totally suck. People told them they sucked in testing. Then they replaced the maps that were sort of okay to begin with? What am I missing here?

I believe the WvW community has had 3 years of patience dealing with Culling, Skill Lag, Queues, Maps, Lazy Devs, …. the list goes on.

We aren’t exactly being entitled when they could easily just rotate the borderlands as they had originally intended.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

the noble KITTENposters rebuffing complaints like they’re doing their rosary or something.

I have nothing to add, except to say this description is epic

I may steal it.

I guess I’m just saying “hang in there a bit longer.”

in WvW

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

People will continue going to Eternal Battlegrounds because its the easy way to farm. People like to blob zerg because its the path of least resistance.

People have always gone to EBG since forever. Nothing has changed.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’m still waiting for all the f2p account spies to take over wvw and populate the maps.. When f2p was announced people said it was the end of wvw because 1000 of spies would impact the scores.

:P

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Doesn’t make sense,as a roamer i dislike the new map,too gimmicky,too complex,too much pve trash,too much automated kitten,barricaded..too much walking around not finding anything to do.You can’t just snitch a map away people have been playing on for 3 year and swap it for this eotm v2 horror and expect people to all love it.The map in design and level of detail is great,but it’s not something people wanted..they should know if they had listened.

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Couldn’t agree more.

I mean, as things currently stand, rather than playing and complaining, the WvW playerbase is fading and complaints still issue daily. I can’t see how bringing back old complaints while reviving the numbers is a worse idea…

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Swift.1930

I’m still waiting for all the f2p account spies to take over wvw and populate the maps.. When f2p was announced people said it was the end of wvw because 1000 of spies would impact the scores.

I mean… easy fix (theoretically) – take F2P out of WvW. Make them pay for such (previously) epic content! Or let them only go into Edge of the Mists. One or the other.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I mean… easy fix (theoretically) – take F2P out of WvW. Make them pay for such (previously) epic content! Or let them only go into Edge of the Mists. One or the other.

The point was it didn’t happen yet the rage in the forums about f2p did happen.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

The point was it didn’t happen yet the rage in the forums about f2p did happen.

I actually did notice an increase of spies and trolls but I had no way of knowing if they were f2p accounts or just people using the alt accounts they already had for that purpose.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They need to merge servers. None of the new maps are filling up.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

They need to merge servers. None of the new maps are filling up.

its not about the filling. this map has soo much pve and little ai stuff pluss pretty particles everywhere, it cant handle a 20v20v20 and will crash and skilllag will be worse than in eb stonemist!.
the map is the worst design for wvw not only is it to vertical, complex and confusing, its also terrible for lag and bigger fights. it should have been a pve map. it does not suit wvw as wvw maps should be kept simple because of the battles.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

I would like to see the old maps return =D

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Swift.1930

The new ones are pretty unpathable; it would be okay if gliders were accessible, but not as gameplay currently stands. The original maps had maybe three fatal drops all up, and one or two only if you were impatient enough to try the whole jump in one go instead of take it in segments. The new ones have a lot of drop deaths.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

the old map with the new game mechanic will be the same thing… Maybe a little more players, but the core will probably not play…
And the casual player just log in, see that there is no one, and log out…
Killing the core players to be friendly with casual player is not the solution… But anet don’t understand that..

in WvW

Swift.1930

After a further week of the new maps, I have to say that they REALLY need to bring gliders in. Otherwise they need to revert to the old map. (I’d take the old maps over gliding, but without gliding the new maps are absolutely loaded with dead ends that make it even harder to get from one side to the other (especially without the waypoints in the keeps). Makes it very unappealing to even consider trying to get back into battle. Hence the queues for EBG continue…

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Swift.1930

Come on, borderlands are empty… at least give us back our nice alpine maps to run around on! Desert map’s a bit of an eyesore… not to mention there are about thirty ways to die that do not involve even meeting another player. O.o

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Old borderlands were empty too.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Swift.1930

Old borderlands were empty too.

I know, but they were prettier to run around in while empty than the new maps. =P

Edit: MUCH prettier.

Edit: And a lot more homey – which was the whole idea of borderlands.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian