Bring the wvw map colors back

in WvW

Posted by: Casta.5697

Casta.5697

actually they do, try looking at the map longer than 10 secs and eyes start to hurt.

in WvW

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

i suggest you see an optician then.

in WvW

Posted by: Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Least they didn’t make the commander tag hot pink. That woulda stood out from the new blue (cyan).

And signed

Whats In Your Cereal [NUTS] ~ Blackgate ~
Guardian: Sierra Everheart ~ Ranger: Tinker Bell Cuddles ~ Engineer: Destiny Reign

(edited by Bolero Bloodreign.9025)

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

lol…Over react much? what a bunch of children you whiners are.The colours do not burn anyones eyes,a little brighter sure but come on get a grip kitten .

They are ugly, no way around it. Original colours were much better. And that is all besides the point. Why is Anet changing totally random things in WvW and not the things we ask for like that better integrated commander options, guild commander icons, etc…..

It is frustrating to see them doing absolutely nothing we ask for, even if they are GREAT suggestions and they just keep adding random things to which we all have to adjust because they are heavily changing the meta.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Fixy.6193

Fixy.6193

Same blue as the commander icon… Bad idea…

in WvW

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

+1 … as i wrote within the other thread.

The new colors let my eyes bleed.
ANET please change the colors back.

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

in WvW

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

I don’t deny they aren’t brighter,what i am saying is that they are not burning anyone’s eyes out,i’ve just stood for 5mins with the map open,i can still see i don’t have any headache etc…i don’t have coloured dots left imprinted on my eyes,far too much fuss over something so trivial.
I agree with you 100% it is frustrating they do nothing we ask for but the over reaction to the colour change is silly…imo that is

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

And this ones title should be “Colour change is scurry Q.Q HALP ME EYES… THEY BLEED THE BLOOD OF A THOUSAND CHILDREN”

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: tsubus.8761

tsubus.8761

I don’t deny they aren’t brighter,what i am saying is that they are not burning anyone’s eyes out,i’ve just stood for 5mins with the map open,i can still see i don’t have any headache etc…i don’t have coloured dots left imprinted on my eyes,far too much fuss over something so trivial.
I agree with you 100% it is frustrating they do nothing we ask for but the over reaction to the colour change is silly…imo that is

The new colors don’t affect me in that matter either (I just think that blue and green are confusing when looked at separately without the other to compare), but not all people work the same way. I remember at launch many people were actually getting nausea by the way the camera operated, especially in bright areas like the Sylvari homeland. I never personally experienced any of these side effects, but a friend of mine in real life did. This point just to prove that it’s completely possible that the new colors could have drastic effects on some people.

Radese Tagal [PUSH] on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I respect everyones personal taste in disliking the new colors. Personally I don’t care, to busy fighting my toosh off.

However, they are blinding you? You have to quit playing after 20 minutes due to looking at the map?

LOL best laugh I have had all morning!

On a more serious note: I will agree that two color types, blue/green might be a bit easily confused for some players. Though the other blue/green was close as well.

Constructive Suggestion: Pick a color in a very different range, purple or something. Doesnt have to be purple but something totally different from the two you keep.

(edited by Nightshade.2570)

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I like the new color

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

orangered vs green vs green, right. got it… wait! what?

Just glad we’re not green/green this week.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

+1; not a HUGE deal but what the hell? hurts my eyes

in WvW

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

Good lord, they’re not THAT bright… o__O;
Then again, I’m color-blind and the only change I even noticed was the blue. I do like the blue, but there’s a good chance it’s not the same color that you guys are seeing exactly, hehe.

Hoopa doopa.

in WvW

Posted by: krijgsheer.9624

krijgsheer.9624

Also want the old colours back. Now it is much harder to see the difference between blue and green. Also a blue commander tag in a blue building isn’t very clear for me.
The old colours were relaxing, these are too bright. I am not enjoying looking at the minimap or map right now. Make it an option for the colour blind to go for the new colours.

FSP

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

As a color-blind person I support A-net new colors
May you turn the red into some pink flashy also please would be helpful ?

(edited by Titan.3472)

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

no, they do not blind my eyes in any way, but rather they are just irritating to look at, it is kind of like that fly that buzzes around you, it wont kill me, but itll just irritate me til it goes away or I kill it. So to be considerate to those who are color blind i’m just asking there be an option to toggle colors back to original settings.

Can’t we all just get along anet? also y u change my epic thread name?

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

There is too much green in the “blue” icons. Greenish, and reddish icons are fine, the bluish one needs to be less greenish.

And to echo others, who asked for this change?

We need party system fixes, commander and squad fixes. Color changes … not important.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

Ye the new blue color is horrible. With fast look you cannot tell is some place blue or green. I don’t know why on earth are you even changing the tones of colors like this, it serves absolutely nobody.

It serves the colorblind.

I do agree though, I want an option for this to be turned off or the colorblind tones to be optional in the first place.

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I’ve also mistaken blue/green structures since this update, would really enjoy an option to toggle the colorblind colors in the next 5 to 12 years.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: ors.1398

ors.1398

It’s been 3 days now, can we get an update on this?
Right now it’s painful for some people to look at the map .. How long do we have to wait for an option to change it?

in WvW

Posted by: Tjillin.3064

Tjillin.3064

First, I was colour blind.
Now, I am completely blind.

Please change back the colours to the old ones, ty :p

in WvW

Posted by: crossoverAtt.9680

crossoverAtt.9680

The better questions is why are we still using green and red as the permanent friendly/enemy colors. It would make made sense to make each player name plate their respective team color. As to the 64,000 color question, everyone could argue preferences until the end of time and never come to a majority agreement.

in WvW

Posted by: Neutro.3079

Neutro.3079

No one complained about colors and Anet change them and create new problems.

GG

in WvW

Posted by: Desecrater.3579

Desecrater.3579

I don’t know about you guys but this is the WvW update that hit the spot. I’ve been waiting for this one since release.

I can move on with my life now.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Even though the suggestions board is pretty much a trash heap, I made a thread there anyway.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/WvWvW-Map-August-20th-Color-Change/first#post2681511

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: NiceSight.9837

NiceSight.9837

These colors are brighter (more visible?) and extremely annoying.
Red and Blue in particular are too bright and too saturated.
As result the minimap burns eyes.
The blue icons and tags on npcs are easily mistaked with party members’, because they are almost the same.
I felt my eyes tired after a few half an hour of WvW, and I ask for a rollback to previous colors or a change to a softer scheme.
Pastel colors are better than fluo ones, no?

Mr. Copycat – Mesmer
Insert Coin [IC]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: RiWiJo.7502

RiWiJo.7502

I like the new colors. Does that make me bad?

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

No, but announcing that you like them on a public forum does.

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

lol….
Yes, but not because you like the new colors.

The colors not appealing to everyones personal taste and maybe being annoying is understandable.

Best solution is probably allow players to set the colors to suit, as they will never make everyone happy, it’s just not possible.

However I don’t really want them pulling away from things like implementing new maps, or more functional commander tags, for personal preference color changes.

in WvW

Bones.5762

I haven’t really been to wvw much lately but not mainly because of this, more of the pve LS content really, but this being out there doesn’t really motivate me to go back either.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

“If it aint broken, don’t fix it "

Did a member from the SAB Team move to the WvW Team with his 256 crayon box ?

The commander’s tag is same color now as the blue team. If you play blue team, you have to look really hard to find the commander. That’s a big disadvantage when you have multiple commanders on map coordinating their targets / positions.

WvW dev Team really needs to look at their quality control. It gives us players very little confidence when you guys mess up such a simple thing.

in WvW

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I think the new colors is for colorblind people. Before, I had a very hard time differentiating between the green and red, now I can actually tell them apart.

Please continue with the color changes in other aspects of the game. If people don’t like the new colors, please add a “colorblind assist” check-box under graphics setting for the people that need it. THANK YOU ANET!

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

Fair enough, according to Wikipedia, 8% of males with Northern European ancestry suffer from color vision deficiency genes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blind

There’s a nice picture ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Braeburn_GrannySmith_dichromat_sim.jpg ) on Wikipedia showing the simulation of red and green seen by a colorblind person (appears to be yellow). It would be nice to do a change to benefit 8% of the playerbase BUT do not do a shoddy job and mess up the other 92% of your playerbase.

My complaint is with BLUE color. Blue Team and commander tag color exactly same. When a commander is defending a tower/keep, his tag can get hidden by the fortress icon.

Hopefully, the person on the WvW team that made the changes can man up and not hide behind " colour-blind " benefits to justify his/her mistake on BLUE tone selection.

(edited by Sol.8341)

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I am playing WvW at the moment, look at this and tell me fast, how many blue icons you see in the green borderland?

>>> http://imgur.com/KyESMX9

I am 99,99% sure this change is for colorblind people, but now we are all colorblind.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

in WvW

Posted by: Ikohn.4072

Ikohn.4072

I think the new colors is for colorblind people. Before, I had a very hard time differentiating between the green and red, now I can actually tell them apart.

Please continue with the color changes in other aspects of the game. If people don’t like the new colors, please add a “colorblind assist” check-box under graphics setting for the people that need it. THANK YOU ANET!

I realize that these changes are for the colorblind. However, ArenaNet needs to realize that almost 1 in 12 men have trouble differentiating between hues green and blue. I am one of these. To me we have green, and a barely distinguishable other green. It is incredibly frustrating for me to play WvW with these colors.

To determine how well you see colors, I will leave you with this:
http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge

in WvW

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I realize that these changes are for the colorblind. However, ArenaNet needs to realize that almost 1 in 12 men have trouble differentiating between hues green and blue. I am one of these. To me we have green, and a barely distinguishable other green. It is incredibly frustrating for me to play WvW with these colors.

To determine how well you see colors, I will leave you with this:
http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge

Lol. I scored a 40 (0 = good, 99= bad). I had trouble with the old WvW green and red. I also have an incredibly hard time differentiating between friendly and nonfriendly aoe circles.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

The blue icons look exactly like the Commander icon on first glance,
Fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

The new blue is horrible.

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I am playing WvW at the moment, look at this and tell me fast, how many blue icons you see in the green borderland?

>>> http://imgur.com/KyESMX9

I am 99,99% sure this change is for colorblind people, but now we are all colorblind.

All of them are green right?

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

I love the new colors, especially the blue. It now looks bright and lively, compared to the dull standard colors.

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Admit it, they trolled us good.
WvW players: “We want to see new changes on the maps!”
Anet devs: “Don’t worry, new changes are coming soon!”
WvW players: “Really? Yay!”
Anet devs: Changes the colors on the maps

Yeah, they got us good.

in WvW

Posted by: OrangeMint.7980

OrangeMint.7980

I took the color testing posted for fun and I scored a 7; pretty interesting site.

But on topic, I do admit that the new colors are a little too bright for my tastes, I prefer more darker colors, the previous colors were just fine.

in WvW

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

Am I the only one who likes the new colours..? They look much clearer now, before the blue was like green, or my screen could be kittened up..

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

For me the colors are just brighter. I could take it or leave it.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

2 PROBLEMS:

1) The “new blue” is too close to the green color on the map.
2) The “new blue” is almost exactly the same color as the commander tag, so quickly locating the commnaders on a map, especially when they’re in a blue area/structure and not moving is kitten difficult!

What I’ve said above has been mentioned by others and is, quite frankly, kitten obvious to most people.

Anet, screw ups like this that are easily fixed/undone, yet go unfixed and unaddressed, make you look really incompetent.

Devon, do you care to comment?

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Bones.5762

Well i think when it’s all over and done, they’ll have an option to toggle color assist. the only thing is, how long til it’s all over and done. I’ve kinda gotten used to it, but mainly because i made my map smaller but i still don’t really like the new colors, so hopefully sometime soon, they’ll give a color assist toggle.

Will you help me move?