Bringing PvP stat combinations to WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Maybe just amulets and weapons?

Amulet = 133 , 133 , 71 , 71 (exotic 102 , 102, 56 , 56)
1 handed weapon = 108 , 108 , 59 , 59 (exotic 102 , 102, 56 , 56)
2 handed Weapon = 216 , 216 , 118 , 118 (exotic 205 , 205 , 113 , 113)

Paladin = Power + Precision , Toughness + Vitality (minor stats)

Demolisher = Power + Precision , Toughness + Ferocity (minor stats) —--> for Berserkers , Rangers, and power Necromancers

Seeker= Power + Precision , Concentration + Condition Damage

Destroyer = Power + Precision , Condition Damage + Ferocity —--> for pistol/pistol Engineers

Diviner = Power + Concentration , Precision + Ferocity

Sage = Power + Condition Damage , Vitality + Healing Power

Mender = Power + Healing Power , Precision + Vitality —-> for Druid , DH , tempest

Maybe use a “Vial of Salt” form of WvW redemption where you trade in 250 badges of honor and 250 memories of battle to get an amulet

• Also the exotic/ascended weapon differences ought to be standardized in WvW.
    Ascended:
    Exotic:

Replies

I’d love to see it. But for them to do it, they would have to add them to PvE first, what is more complex. Creating new recipes, ingredients, drops, npcs and other ways to get it and craft it.
Or they could give us WvW players a hand and just add a npc where you could buy the recipes with badges. That would be cool.

Last I checked people only run Commander’s (mesmers) and Berserker / Sinister /Viper in PvE except for healer druids?

Adding it to WvW and requiring memories of battle would make it accessible to PvE players anyway, they can buy them off the TP for coppers. It could be 250 memories of battle + laurels or 250 memories of battle + 10 badges of tribute if it’s that much of an issue.

An alternative to a vendor is a Mystic Forge recipe akin to the Triforge pendant. Have it cost something similar to:
Amulet: Siege Masters Guides, Badges of Tribute, Memories of Battle, Tomes of Knowledge
Ascended Hero Weapon (not Mistforged): Hero Weapon , Gift of Battle / Memories of Battle , Tomes of Knowledge /Badges of Tribute , existing Ascended Weapon
Ascended Weapon (not Mistforged): Memories of Battle , Tomes of Knowledge /Badges of Tribute , existing Ascended Weapon

Also the stat combinations can be added to the Blood Ruby and Raid items (Talisman of Manton).

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

EDIT: Please disregard this post, I completely mis-understood what the OP posted. Leaving it so others can see what the responses are about.

This one again, very short:

A lot of WvW players prefer to be able to mix their armor, trinkets etc, for different stat combinations. As well as the larger selection of Runes and Sigils etc. This is notably the Roamers and other players that typically can handle themselves.

As such, those same people gets really annoyed at the idea of getting less options for customizing their build and variety etc.

On the other hand, WvW would benefit from copying some of sPvP’s restrictions on runes/sigils etc, I think most would agree on that one (you know, no trapper runes, durability or perplex etc).

Personally I’d like to have the option to run either a PvP build or a PvE build, since I tend to hate grinding in any form, and like to test out new stats and builds etc, without breaking the bank.

Other options suggested before, having a slightly expanded PvP Amulet system where you can split it up in either 2 or 3 equal parts, so you can pick some mixes to get more different combinations (ex: 1/2 Berserk + 1/2 Knight).

TLDR: You’re going to get a lot of negative comments in this thread.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

(edited by joneirikb.7506)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I think he’s asking for itens with these stats combinations which are only avaible in the spvp amulets and not for the amulet system itself. I would like to see some of these stats combination added to the current stats in the game. I surely would play a lot around Destroyer, Diviner and Seeker builds.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I think he’s asking for itens with these stats combinations which are only avaible in the spvp amulets and not for the amulet system itself. I would like to see some of these stats combination added to the current stats in the game. I surely would play a lot around Destroyer, Diviner and Seeker builds.

exactly.

I’m not asking for the PvP system to replace the WvW one, only the stat combinations.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

I’d love to see it. But for them to do it, they would have to add them to PvE first, what is more complex. Creating new recipes, ingredients, drops, npcs and other ways to get it and craft it.
Or they could give us WvW players a hand and just add a npc where you could buy the recipes with badges. That would be cool.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

exactly.

I’m not asking for the PvP system to replace the WvW one, only the stat combinations.

Oh my bad, mis-understood your post.

I don’t have an opinion about the stats to be honest, as long as they don’t take away my Celestial stuff Typically I don’t really care about the new stat sets since they take too much grinding and PvE for my taste. So I tend to just keep rolling with my old Celestial + mix of other stuff.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

In WvW you can mix and match gear freely (*) unlike in sPvP. Can’t you get the listed stat combinations by mixing existing items?

(*) There is some gold or time-gate or forced-PvE-grind or jump-through-UI-loops cost attached.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

I would be asking for the entire PVP system to replace the PVE system currently in WVW. Much better

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

+1

I would love to make demolisher stats gear,would suit most my chars.

They could just add the recipe to crafting npcs and its done.

OTAN guild,WSR server