Bringing balance, and PvP players, to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fella Feller.4936

Fella Feller.4936

I don’t have time to reply to every post directly right now, but many of you seem to be assuming I’m an ‘sPvPer’. I’m not, well, not just. I play every area of the game, I was WvW officer in my guild (Dark Reavers) from release up untill I resigned (as I felt I was neglecting other parts of the game) shortly befor christmas. I still WvW, I also play tounament sPvP and run dungeons.

I agree having more choice in gear is nice, it’s not choice I’m oppsed to, it’s masive stat stacking with stats that effect each othe multiplactively.

It nothing to do with elitism or a ‘free ride’. Why should a player who has spent most thier time in PvE be able to hop staight into WvW fully geared, whislt a player who has done sPvP cannot? If any preference was to be shown by the WvW population for one or the other of these (not that I think it should) surely sPvP players would be more able to hit the ground running in what is still a pvp game type than dungeon runners?

Even befor asscended gear the difference in total stats between sPvP and WvW is huge. max +crit damage in sPvP is around 60-70%, over 130% (with food) is already possable in WvW iirc.

The Tally family of Desolation-
Victor(Ranger), Astral(Ele), Martial(Warrior), Erroneous(Mes), Ticker(Engi), Ravin(Thief)
with special guests Hematophagia(Necro) and Grace Burns(Guardian)

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Most of the people defending the current system are those who already have full exotic sets, and in many cases ascended garbage too. It’s just human nature to want people to climb the same mountain you did, no free rides. I would love an sPvP / GW1 PvP style system that dispensed with the pointless grind, but obvious anet doesn’t see WvW that way…lord knows what they see.

1.you should check some class specific topics with post your stats
you will see 200 diferent stats , each player have other stats
How can you belive 6 amulets or even 30 amulets can replace that?
2. why would you kill the mid game ?
start fully equiped for pvp
3. why an pro pvp player would be afraid of npc’s
4. you really want ppls who never played the game, barely unlocked skills to join wvwvw. Then we can all make movies 1 vs 5

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Zeroumus.5402

Zeroumus.5402

man, spvpers got it all wrong.

sPVP, also knows as BG’s, is NOT PVP
WvW, RvR, or open world … IS PVP

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Yep.

And complaining about Gear Imbalances is hilarious… It takes all but 2 weeks to gear yourself out in Craftables.

Farm your “Skins” on your off time. Wear your Craftables to pvp in.

Sheesh.

[EDIT] Oh, and HORRIBLE idea.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: Fella Feller.4936

Fella Feller.4936

‘Player vs Palyer’ – Thats both s/tPvP and WvW.

I’m quite shocked and disapointed to find this amount of ‘us vs them’ and elitism here.

I play both. Though it’s worth pointing out that (rightly or wrongly) the professions are being balanced for tPvP, with tPvP gear spreads, so if your gonna make thouse kinda claims your on the wrong side of (your imaginary) fence.

Yep.

And complaining about Gear Imbalances is hilarious… It takes all but 2 weeks to gear yourself out in Craftables.

Farm your “Skins” on your off time. Wear your Craftables to pvp in.

Sheesh.

[EDIT] Oh, and HORRIBLE idea.

You do know you can’t get crafted gear for several popular stat sets right? Guess you never tried to gear a condition damage class.

Why is the idea horrible?

And sure, I could try and persude my guild mates who s/tPvP to spend 2 weeks (assuming they only want stats avialable from crafted, not counting levelling to 80 as well) of their leasure time doing something they don’t enjoy so they can come help out the guild in WvW, but unsupprisingly they’re not that keen.

The Tally family of Desolation-
Victor(Ranger), Astral(Ele), Martial(Warrior), Erroneous(Mes), Ticker(Engi), Ravin(Thief)
with special guests Hematophagia(Necro) and Grace Burns(Guardian)

(edited by Fella Feller.4936)