Bringing player back to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Change WvW loot systems to not give incentives to blobs and instead reward people based on how outnumbered they are while getting kills or how few people are in the area from their server. Right now roaming and small group combat gets you less loot for more work and blobs get more loot even though it is still like 1/6th what you make in pve.
Give all WvW SKILL group players a precursor (expensive one like spark or dusk or let them choose, not for PPT guilds cause they are pve players not WvW players, give them a smaller gift if you want) as a gift for having played a dead game mode without rewards for a long period of time on faith that you will save it.
Then remove large amounts of siege or cap it heavily. If not removing siege make it deal minimal damage for minima l effort vs groups of player’s because right now cannons are roaming meta and it is stupid.
Make all gear standardised build editor selection with any option of food and gear using your equipped armor skins but full ascended stats so this game mode is not a PvE extension. People will still want money to get skins.
Make the rewards into WvW specific titles, miniatures, and skins.
Make supported roaming guild tourneys, video contests etc… with gem rewards to encourage real skilled group gameplay for reasons other then fun.
Remove pve b.s. from WvW through the guild system and make any remaining WvW guild hall features take WvW rewards not silence farming nonsense.
Issue a public apology for having incompetent WvW testers and asking PvE guilds for advice.
Change WvW scoring system to be equal parts kills and ppt because objective based fights should still exist as they offer Interesting strategies when you remove siege hugging and make kills matter so people don’t just ppt train and siege up towers.

And make transfers free once every 2 months for minimal spying, lots will happen because of F2P and other stuff already, and still allowing guilds to move to a server that fits their goals.

Until all of these occurs WvW as a system can never reach its full potential.

Then fix balance among classes and elite specs which is a more general change and is not specific to the WvW system.

Just to be clear anet is stupid to not realise that population imbalance is far beyond their ability to fix and they will never achieve that balance until there is a WvW community beyond EBG which means fixing these system wide issues and the problems with specific maps (or just adding better graphics to the map that already worked and never adding PvE b.s. to it).

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Has no one responded because this is obvious to everyone but the devs? . I mean it’s a list of everything I could write down in under one minute that should have been obvious already….

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

My replies to each in bold.

Change WvW loot systems to not give incentives to blobs and instead reward people based on how outnumbered they are while getting kills or how few people are in the area from their server. Right now roaming and small group combat gets you less loot for more work and blobs get more loot even though it is still like 1/6th what you make in pve. Might be difficult to implement but it might be an alright idea
Give all WvW SKILL group players a precursor (expensive one like spark or dusk or let them choose, not for PPT guilds cause they are pve players not WvW players, give them a smaller gift if you want) as a gift for having played a dead game mode without rewards for a long period of time on faith that you will save it. Nope, I’d rather they left precursors as random loot or purchase from the TP. You’re alienating a portion of the playerbase because you don’t like that style of play, that won’t get people to agree with your opinions. WvW is in essense a PPT game mode.
Then remove large amounts of siege or cap it heavily. If not removing siege make it deal minimal damage for minima l effort vs groups of player’s because right now cannons are roaming meta and it is stupid. WvW is a siege based game mode, we don’t want PvDoor
Make all gear standardised build editor selection with any option of food and gear using your equipped armor skins but full ascended stats so this game mode is not a PvE extension. People will still want money to get skins. No thanks, I like WvW because it rewards players for earning their gear and mix/maxing their stats. Though I’d like them to add WvW specific food equivalents to save on costs, have them purchasable with Badges of Honor or Proofs of Heroics
Make the rewards into WvW specific titles, miniatures, and skins. These would be good, also a WvW Legendary backpiece like we have in PvE and PvP
Make supported roaming guild tourneys, video contests etc… with gem rewards to encourage real skilled group gameplay for reasons other then fun. Another good idea, it will create a nice community atmosphere
Remove pve b.s. from WvW through the guild system and make any remaining WvW guild hall features take WvW rewards not silence farming nonsense. Agreed, I hate that I lost all of my guild upgrades with this new system and it costs thousands of gold to get back to where I was
Issue a public apology for having incompetent WvW testers and asking PvE guilds for advice. A nice gesture but I don’t think it will happen.
Change WvW scoring system to be equal parts kills and ppt because objective based fights should still exist as they offer Interesting strategies when you remove siege hugging and make kills matter so people don’t just ppt train and siege up towers. Could be problematic as some servers may farm each other in order to prevent the third server from winning

And make transfers free once every 2 months for minimal spying, lots will happen because of F2P and other stuff already, and still allowing guilds to move to a server that fits their goals. Agreed, it costs too much for a transfer and until the servers populations are balanced I don’t see why people should pay for a shoddy service

Then fix balance among classes and elite specs which is a more general change and is not specific to the WvW system. Yup, more balance is needed

Just to be clear anet is stupid to not realise that population imbalance is far beyond their ability to fix and they will never achieve that balance until there is a WvW community beyond EBG which means fixing these system wide issues and the problems with specific maps (or just adding better graphics to the map that already worked and never adding PvE b.s. to it). I still think they can fix it relatively easily but the easy options might anger some players

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: StinkyLord.7950

StinkyLord.7950

Has no one responded because this is obvious to everyone but the devs? . I mean it’s a list of everything I could write down in under one minute that should have been obvious already….

Devs basically said that unless you not are willing to provide positive feedback in a thread without criticizing Anet then they will not respond to it.

So any thread with aggressive criticism will not be responded to.

For example Reddit is full of happy thoughts and thanks so Anet respond there on a daily basis.

Criticism is feedback unless you are too sensitive.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

They are not responding as most are ignoring you.

Obviously you have your heart in large scale guild vs guild encounters. Unfortunately WvW was never intended for this sort of activity. That makes your original post highly biased.

The PvE people you are speaking of don’t enter WvW as often as you might believe. The people who are there are WvW fanatics who are forced to do PvE in order to finance their time in WvW. If you really could earn enough in WvW then everything would be fine for them and they wouldn’t have to visit PvE. What you have written, intentional or not, is highly insulting.

WvW people should receive better rewards, but equally based on participation, not the way they play.

Note that I am trying to be nice. My original post might have read ‘kitten off!’ or words to that effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

ladders that highlight individual contributions from guilds and players will bring them back.

Everyone wants to be recognized for their efforts. except me, I just like the cracking sound my weapons make when pwning the enemy.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Players will not come back until:

1. Siege is fixed (1. removing all together or lowering ARC distance and get rid of peek over shots; 2. Removing Shield Gens; make trebs, catas and rams more powerful or decrease the wall/door HP).

2. Blob mechanics (making sure that blobs are max 20 people – from one guild or a mix is less). If 2 or more groups of 20 merge, debuff them.

3. decreasing AoE overlap – this is huge right now especially due to DH traps – I was in WvW with my guild and was trapped by 25 DH traps that overlapped. If an AoE is down in an area, another AoE cannot be put down on top of or overlapping it.

4. Decrease some of the condi’s – such as confusion. A Confusion Mesmer should not be able to stack up 25 stacks of confusion at once – it needs to be nerfed big time or nerf perplexity runes. This build is a huge crutch for mesmers who really can’t play any other type.

5. No stomping while in stealth and movement in stealth should be decreased by 25-50%).

in WvW

Serious.7083

Dusty, I agree with almost everything, except the doors. Think that bit should stay the same.

Equally I think the guild buffs and banners should be rethought and nurfed and scribe costs should be reduced. A much stronger server took our home border garrison, one of their guilds claimed it. At that point we had to try to fight a side who were more numerous than us who had massive buffs to try to reclaim it. Needless to say it didn’t happen.

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

2. Blob mechanics (making sure that blobs are max 20 people – from one guild or a mix is less). If 2 or more groups of 20 merge, debuff them.

3. decreasing AoE overlap – this is huge right now especially due to DH traps – I was in WvW with my guild and was trapped by 25 DH traps that overlapped. If an AoE is down in an area, another AoE cannot be put down on top of or overlapping it.

2 is nonsense and 3 would only empty WvW further.

2: WvW needs to cater to RvR fans who favor large, epic battles. Until stability was gutted taking out map queues with a much smaller force was doable provided you were highly organized. The problem now isn’t blob size, it’s that the only counter to the massive amounts of ranged CC is to either bring greater numbers or babysit siege. Post-HoT map blobs are a total kitten show, but who doesn’t fondly remember epic 3-way blob fights(when lag was manageable) over garri or bay when stability was still useful?

3: New abilities like DH traps definitely need to be tweaked and balanced in some way for WvW, but a blanket nerf to all AoE would make them largely unviable. The very strength of AoE is that you can overlap it; barring this, there’s no reason to use them. I suspect the meta (provided people stuck around for such awfulness) would shift to cleaving melee professions or swarms of LB rangers with piercing arrows. No thanks.

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

2 is nonsense and 3 would only empty WvW further.

2: WvW needs to cater to RvR fans who favor large, epic battles. Until stability was gutted taking out map queues with a much smaller force was doable provided you were highly organized. The problem now isn’t blob size, it’s that the only counter to the massive amounts of ranged CC is to either bring greater numbers or babysit siege. Post-HoT map blobs are a total kitten show, but who doesn’t fondly remember epic 3-way blob fights(when lag was manageable) over garri or bay when stability was still useful?

3: New abilities like DH traps definitely need to be tweaked and balanced in some way for WvW, but a blanket nerf to all AoE would make them largely unviable. The very strength of AoE is that you can overlap it; barring this, there’s no reason to use them. I suspect the meta (provided people stuck around for such awfulness) would shift to cleaving melee professions or swarms of LB rangers with piercing arrows. No thanks.

Sorry XEV – I am not saying an AoE nerf, just prevent the AoE rings from overlapping – it is that simple. I mean stacking 5-10 AoE rings on top of each other is ridiculous.

The DH traps should be situational not an ALWAYS USE.

Sorry blob’s were always an issue in WvW. Was on TC when they were in T1 and the JQ and BG blobs were just that – mindless swarms. No thought, not coordination, no nothing. RvR is supposed to be coordinated, not just massive blobs.

Now, with the HoT update, blobs only want to PPT, no fighting is seen.

in WvW

Serious.7083

The DH traps are overpowered but you also have the Mesmer wells.

Combined these are vastly overpowered.

The, if it fails, the mesmer can invis the team for escape.

in WvW

xev.9476

Sorry XEV – I am not saying an AoE nerf, just prevent the AoE rings from overlapping – it is that simple. I mean stacking 5-10 AoE rings on top of each other is ridiculous.

Sorry blob’s were always an issue in WvW. Was on TC when they were in T1 and the JQ and BG blobs were just that – mindless swarms. No thought, not coordination, no nothing. RvR is supposed to be coordinated, not just massive blobs.

You wrote, “If an AoE is down in an area, another AoE cannot be put down on top of or overlapping it.” If that’s actually what you meant, then that is a massive nerf to AoE’s – it renders them useless because the strength of AoEs is that they can overlap. One AoE is unlikely to down anyone; it’s the overlap of many that makes them worth using. If you’re specifically saying that 10+ invisible DH traps in one location is awful and needs to be nerfed/tweaked for WvW, then, yes, absolutely I agree; HoT abilities absolutely need to be balanced in some way for WvW. But, again, if you’re asking for a blanket nerf to ALL AoEs, well then I think you’re clueless.

Merely insisting that blobs were always a problem isn’t persuasive. For years you had multiple guilds on every server that prided themselves on zerg busting – you can google videos of this – and people loved it. If you played smart, guilds and other smaller organized groups could decimate larger forces and it was literally something that kept people playing the game. That needs to return.

You’re also mistaken that t1 was filled with mindless, uncoordinated blobs. I was also in T1 and you’re ignoring that the success of any given zerg depended greatly upon the experience of the commander and the degree of coordination on TS. This is why people flocked to a TWL commander (when they were on JQ) and tended to follow certain others only as a last resort (just an example! I’m not saying other commanders on JQ were garbage, just that TWL was especially good). Towards the end (a few months prior to HoT launch) WvW was certainly stale: a lot of skilled guilds/players had moved on and an obnoxious pin-sniping meta reigned, but if we go back to when WvW was lively and populated, then you’re absolutely mistaken that zergs were always a problem – they’re literally what kept people playing the game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Change WvW loot systems to not give incentives to blobs and instead reward people based on how outnumbered they are while getting kills or how few people are in the area from their server. Right now roaming and small group combat gets you less loot for more work and blobs get more loot even though it is still like 1/6th what you make in pve.
Give all WvW SKILL group players a precursor (expensive one like spark or dusk or let them choose, not for PPT guilds cause they are pve players not WvW players, give them a smaller gift if you want) as a gift for having played a dead game mode without rewards for a long period of time on faith that you will save it.
Then remove large amounts of siege or cap it heavily. If not removing siege make it deal minimal damage for minima l effort vs groups of player’s because right now cannons are roaming meta and it is stupid.
Make all gear standardised build editor selection with any option of food and gear using your equipped armor skins but full ascended stats so this game mode is not a PvE extension. People will still want money to get skins.
Make the rewards into WvW specific titles, miniatures, and skins.
Make supported roaming guild tourneys, video contests etc… with gem rewards to encourage real skilled group gameplay for reasons other then fun.
Remove pve b.s. from WvW through the guild system and make any remaining WvW guild hall features take WvW rewards not silence farming nonsense.
Issue a public apology for having incompetent WvW testers and asking PvE guilds for advice.
Change WvW scoring system to be equal parts kills and ppt because objective based fights should still exist as they offer Interesting strategies when you remove siege hugging and make kills matter so people don’t just ppt train and siege up towers.

And make transfers free once every 2 months for minimal spying, lots will happen because of F2P and other stuff already, and still allowing guilds to move to a server that fits their goals.

Then fix balance among classes and elite specs which is a more general change and is not specific to the WvW system.

Just to be clear anet is stupid to not realise that population imbalance is far beyond their ability to fix and they will never achieve that balance until there is a WvW community beyond EBG which means fixing these system wide issues and the problems with specific maps (or just adding better graphics to the map that already worked and never adding PvE b.s. to it).

I don’t see anything that will improve wvw at all.

edit- class development I agree with.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Serious.7083

You wrote, “If an AoE is down in an area, another AoE cannot be put down on top of or overlapping it.” If that’s actually what you meant, then that is a massive nerf to AoE’s – it renders them useless because the strength of AoEs is that they can overlap. One AoE is unlikely to down anyone; it’s the overlap of many that makes them worth using. If you’re specifically saying that 10+ invisible DH traps in one location is awful and needs to be nerfed/tweaked for WvW, then, yes, absolutely I agree; HoT abilities absolutely need to be balanced in some way for WvW. But, again, if you’re asking for a blanket nerf to ALL AoEs, well then I think you’re clueless.

I think it is specifically trap AoEs, not other ones like Ranger Barrage or Ele firestorm

I ran into a team of 4 trap guards and a mesmer. A stack of 12 traps then the mesmer wells when I was instantly downed.

The stacked traps can also mean a very difficult time for melee fighters trying to get in range of a bow equipped trap guard.

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

I think it is specifically trap AoEs, not other ones like Ranger Barrage or Ele firestorm

I ran into a team of 4 trap guards and a mesmer. A stack of 12 traps then the mesmer wells when I was instantly downed.

The stacked traps can also mean a very difficult time for melee fighters trying to get in range of a bow equipped trap guard.*

Exactly Serious. Those and necro wells/marks (since marks and wells can be made unblockable) stacked the guard traps make for a huge amount of condi/physical damage. The DH traps extend far longer than any stabo skills used.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

in WvW

xev.9476

The stacked traps can also mean a very difficult time for melee fighters trying to get in range of a bow equipped trap guard.*

Exactly Serious. Those and necro wells/marks (since marks and wells can be made unblockable) stacked the guard traps make for a huge amount of condi/physical damage. The DH traps extend far longer than any stabo skills used.

There’s zero reason to nerf necro marks or wells; neither comes close to one-shotting anyone and both are important for coordinated bombs and zerg busting. Stacked invisible traps, yeah, those are ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I am confused OP.. you want more people to play the game = more people on map = blob. So you want to bring more people by punishing them if you have more people? Umm, no that is not only counter productive that does not even make sense. Blob = more people, so you reward more people.. you can give bonuses other ways such as to defending and such to make them fight over objectives, but you certainly would not punish the majority of players on the map to " bring more players into wvw’. Instead you would reward the majority of players on the map for being there.

However, In large scale PvP game modes, blobs just come with the territory. You treat them like pac man ghosts and not let them touch you unless you have a blob too.

• Do not blame the blob for you inability to avoid them.
  • Think of the blob as a " player created environmental factor" to Large scale PvP zones.
  • Remember anything that an individual player can do, the Blob can do in mass, (because that is all it is in the end, just a bunch of individuals)
  • This game mode was designed to be populated, not empty. If the game is properly populated all servers in the game will have their own blobs to fight the other blobs.
  • Key to playing WvW is to know where your blob and the enemy blobs are at all times and plan accordingly, work with the other guilds on your server to help you make strategic maneuvers on the map, not just run around like a goober.
  • The Blob provide a sense of urgency to the battlefield because if you are not fast enough, the Blob WILL get you.
  • If you become Road kill, brush yourself off and keep better eyes on the zerg next time, it happens to everyone and not a big deal.
  • If you want to play solo or havoc in a Large scale PvP zone, you can but you have to earn it by being able to avoid the blob to do so.
[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Jwoww.4315

Jwoww.4315

The new maps are not working. The Developers listened to all the wrong people about what was apparently wrong with the game.

They gave all those loud mouths what they wanted. And then those loud mouths cried about the changes and ended up leaving the game any way.

While the people that were logging in and playing were left with these stupid changes to wvw maps that are now ghost towns.

People cried about the blobs, but blobs bought people into the game in numbers, now there are few blobs and the maps and game in wvw is just about dead.