Broken Match-Up System

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Something has gone seriously wrong with ArenaNet’s match-up system lately. Just take a look at the attatched image.

We have:

Tier 1: Rank 1, Rank 3, Rank 4

This isn’t too bad. Essentially that’s tier 1 and 2 fighting.

Tier 2: Rank 6, Rank 5, Rank 2.

Look at the point difference. SoR has a 250k point lead. What the hell?
(Also, kudos to SoR for breaking 400k points. I didn’t realise this until Zikory pointed it out)

Tier 3: Rank 7, Rank 12, Rank 11.

This is getting to the point of insanity. You have a 5 rank gap between two servers. SoS is leading by 160k points!

Tier 4: Rank 14, Rank 9, Rank 8

Same as above. This is broken.

Tier 5 (my tier): Rank 10, Rank 15, Rank 17.

This is one of the biggest gaps. You have a SEVEN rank gap between servers and a FIVE rank gap between servers. It would be fine if it was NSP and IoJ and maybe another server, say DH maybe.

Tier 6: Rank 18, Rank 19, Rank 13.

Are you kidding?

Tier 7: Rank 20, Rank 22, Rank 24

The ONLY balanced tier. Look at their points. They’re all within a reasonable range of each other. I can’t speak for the players but it appears it was a decent match up with a challenge for all sides.

Tier 8: Rank 16, Rank 21, Rank 23.

Again, another stupidly large gap. This doesn’t make any sense.

Why are the current match-ups so broken? There is no competition at all. You’re either getting stomped or you’re stomping. It’s ridiculous.

The match ups SHOULD only have a maximum 3 rank difference between the highest and lowest server. Maybe 4 ranks depending on tier. We should be seeing servers who in their own right are in tier 3 fighting servers who are in tier 6. This doesn’t make sense.

Seriously? NSP and SBI fighting each other? It’s nuts!

ArenaNet needs to fix their match-up system. The randomization is great but it needs to be reasonable. Get it together ArenaNet

[Source: http://mos.millenium.org/na]

Attachments:

noice

(edited by mexay.3902)

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

people cried for months about boring matches fighting the same servers..gess what..you dont fight the same servers and now cry about lopsided matches…my question..wtf did you think was going to happen

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Wow, SoR broke 400k! Thats beast, nice job SoR! Hopefully see you next…or tonight…how ever you look a it.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

mexay.3902

people cried for months about boring matches fighting the same servers..gess what..you dont fight the same servers and now cry about lopsided matches…my question..wtf did you think was going to happen

The issue isn’t haven’t different servers to fight against, it’s having the difference in rank being way, way too high.

With a maximum difference between lowest and highest rank of 4 there is 4 different servers that you could be fighting each week. That’s enough randomization. It provides familiarity with your ‘tier’ and enough room for friendly rivalries, with the ability to keep things fresh. If your ranking goes up, you face a new server or two, if it goes down, same deal.

You should NEVER be fighting a server 7 ranks higher than you. It makes no sense.

noice

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Actually for NSP it will get better – you all won’t have to fight SBI in Season 1.

But yeah, you’re right, people have been saying it for a long time. I still don’t know why they won’t just do manual matchups. We know now that its possible – they’re manually making the matchups for the season.

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s just going to get worse for the leagues. Just imagine how fun it will be for #12 to “test their skill” against #1.

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

mexay.3902

It’s just going to get worse for the leagues. Just imagine how fun it will be for #12 to “test their skill” against #1.

That’s almost painful to think about. They wont own a single camp the entire match up. I’ll be surprised if they can break 2k points for the week.

noice

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah just had sor for a week and they have a 60 man zerg available pretty much 24/7. on reset they had one monsterblob on every map. so yeah db and fa had no chance vs such a massive coverage at all.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

That’s almost painful to think about. They wont own a single camp the entire match up. I’ll be surprised if they can break 2k points for the week.

If #12 plays it smart they can have fun and hold much more than a camp.

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

mexay.3902

If #12 plays it smart they can have fun and hold much more than a camp.

Okay, okay, MAYBE a tower or two. A keep if they’re lucky.

noice

Broken Match-Up System

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

What I usually see in these mismatches is where the stronger server’s zerg takes everything in the weaker server’s BL and then leaves. The weaker server then takes back their garrison, and a few towers. When enough has been taken back, the strong server’s zerg returns and wipes everything. Rinse and repeat. (Same for EB.)

This is magnified by the fact that the weaker server’s players stop showing up and the stronger server’s PvE players pile on for the world completion and karma.

Basically, the whole week becomes a karma farm.