Bug? Retaliation destroying siege

in WvW

Posted by: Anjo.3170

Anjo.3170

Im on a arrow cart, not getting hit by anything from the enemy and the AC gets destroyed. I move on to the one next to it and same thing its health goes down and it gets destroyed, same thing happens to a couple other players.
Even though my combat log shows no damage to me but somehow retaliation is transferred to the siege.
Bug?

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

I wish there was a bug that deleted ac’s from the game but this will have to do for now i guess.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

There is a possible reason for it but unfortunately, I will not post or tell you. I do not know doing that is consider a bug or unintended effect or simply result of unbalance design. Btw, it isn’t retaliation.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

There is a possible reason for it but unfortunately, I will not post or tell you. I do not know doing that is consider a bug or unintended effect or simply result of unbalance design. Btw, it isn’t retaliation.

for the sake of determining which scenario it is we might want to discuss whats causing it and if there is anything players can do to prevent the enemy from using it. for example if it was retaliation one could use boon strips like necro well everything in this game thats is intended to exist has a counter measure.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

yah that should not work vs siege thats just as bad as when reflect walls would counter treb shots

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I wonder if you could spec for max retal uptime and just dance/sustain around in AC fire. Let them kill themselves.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

If this is caused by Rune of the Guardian then it is an unintended consequence of Anet making condition damage affect siege.

It has to be unintended because it does not require the Guardian to be able to hit the siege.

If it’s unintended then it’s a bug or an exploit.

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

If this is caused by Rune of the Guardian then it is an unintended consequence of Anet making condition damage affect siege.

It has to be unintended because it does not require the Guardian to be able to hit the siege.

exactly and i WOULD NOT suggest using ruin of the guardian until then because anet has a history of lashing out at people who use exploits like this even if they did so unintentionally

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

exactly and i WOULD NOT suggest using ruin of the guardian until then because anet has a history of lashing out at people who use exploits like this even if they did so unintentionally

Oh, so if I already run that rune I need to change because of this? Laughable…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Archilese.3218

Archilese.3218

you know what is funny about this whole thing? Stupid ppl dont know what is going on so they assume is some exploit…… then when the secret is given they complain and ask for nerff…… just except the counter play and dont spend so much time on ac’s. come out and fight. its stupid how ac’s can be placed where nothing can hit them anyway………

imo fair play to the guys that started doing this, they should get some well deserved credit for an amazing counter play.

Archilese
Professional Rallybot

(edited by Archilese.3218)

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I do not personally think there is an exploit here, but possibly a bug causing more damage then intended, at least that is how it sounds judging from the way people have described it. Arrow cart skills are not unblockable and therefore should be affected by things like the runes 6th bonus effect.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The rune is working exactly the way it is stated to work. The behavior of the rune is correct. Anet has no more justification to ban people for it than they do to ban people for using epidemic.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

just except the counter play and dont spend so much time on ac’s. come out and fight. its stupid how ac’s can be placed where nothing can hit them anyway………

“Come out and fight”. Yup, I’ll totally jump off with 3 people against the 25+ outside abusing the rune. Besides, Meteor Shower can hit 90% of the Arrow Cart placements and there are ways around the ones that aren’t hittable.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing