[Bugg] Not receiving credit for capping

in WvW

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Sometimes I do not ge the credit for capping in wvw (camp/tower/keep), even if I am in the capping circle for the complete duration and killed the boss. There is no gold/silver/bronze reward or when I have a daily that does not count either.

This however does not always happen so I don’t really know how it can be reproduced.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m sure most of my guild has experienced this at one time or another; extremely annoying after a 2 hour garri fight btw. But as you have said it only happens rarely so passing it along as a bug report would be hard for Anet to pin down.

Unfortunately this is just another feature we have to deal with in the life of a WvW player I suppose.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I have experienced it many times. Aprox. 1% of my captures has failed this way. Camp captures almost never failed (if they do it’s probably because of server lag). Tower, and especially keep, and even more so Stonemist Castle, fail to reward, quite a few times. This most of time happens when there’s no lag. My theory is that the server only rewards a certain amount of people. If you are over it, then some people fail to get the reward. But then again, if often rewards all. So it could be just a bug. Killing person or veteran npc in vicinity of objective tags it. 3+ and you are gold, no matter what. One time I killed a whole zerg and 10+ npc’s, and it still failed to reward me, so my guess is a bug in the code, that sometimes makes the server fail to reward you. The bug has been there since launch.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

smitske.4912

I’m sure most of my guild has experienced this at one time or another; extremely annoying after a 2 hour garri fight btw. But as you have said it only happens rarely so passing it along as a bug report would be hard for Anet to pin down.

Unfortunately this is just another feature we have to deal with in the life of a WvW player I suppose.

I think it is well worth fixing, especially if they plan to make WvW more of priority after HoT and it should be fixed. Problem is how aware are they of this issue? True the nature of the bugg makes it extremely hard to fix but hopefully they have some more options than we have to check out what is the problem behind it now that they know there is an issue. After all some other systems are depending on it (dailies and probably other achievements too) so the range of afflicted other mechanics could be quite high.

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

for me personally if I’m in a golem I often get no reward, or if I move out of the circle just as the cap bar fills up, I get no reward.

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

This has been there since the beginning. Luckily, it is a very rare occurrence considering all the times people take stuff in WvW. Same as the out-manned repair bug where even if you die you have to repair. Sadly, many bugs have been around forever too it seems with no hope of getting fixed. Cheer up though, at a certain point this bug becomes irrelevant at least (I know that doesn’t help, but it’s the best we are going to get I think).

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

There are some attacks and elite skills if used will prevent capture point. My suggestion is mouse over your specials and see if you’ve been trying to use one of those attacks while trying to take an objective.

Those specific attacks are meant to help during player vs player but are over powering when used against npc, which is why they designed it that way so players won’t use them to capture towers, camps, ect, ect. .

Hope that helps /salute

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

there are some attacks if used will prevent capture point. My suggestion is mouse over your specials and see if your using one of those attacks while trying to capture an objective.

Could you please be more vague?

What type attacks do you speak of please..

Edit: If you can pin-point down exactly what causes this behavior I am sure the devs would like to hear from you so submit a ticket so they can put in a fix asap.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

Kamara.4187

there are some attacks if used will prevent capture point. My suggestion is mouse over your specials and see if your using one of those attacks while trying to capture an objective.

Edit: If you can pin-point down exactly what causes this behavior I am sure the devs would like to hear from you so submit a ticket so they can put in a fix asap.

I’m saying its not a bug and its working as intended and all of you should look at your utility specials and see if your trying to use one of them to capture objectives.

the skills will tell you they prevent capture point.

Example=

Guardian skill “renewed focus” prevents capture point.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m saying its not a bug and its working as intended and all of you should look at your utility specials and see if your trying to use one of them to capture objectives.

Sorry I still don’t get it. Could you possibly find one of these specials and possibly link the effect so we may all know what to avoid in the future? Also it would be a good idea to submit a report if you or others could replicate the behavior.

I myself have captured many a tower, camp, keep etc. and sometimes I have no food, utility, or buffs and have still not gotten credit. I for one would be quite happy if you could tell me what to keep an eye out for, as it seems to be quite random, thanks.

Edit: I don’t play a guardian, so another may want to fill me in on the renewed focus skill.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

smitske.4912

Doubt that is the full case since often I am not even using any skills since everything is already dead.

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

What he is referring to is in sPvP when you use a certain skill it stops the meter from going in your favor. That has no bearing in a WvW capture point. You don’t even have to be in the circle or even get into a tower or keep to get credit in WvW. You can just kill a few guards or do enough damage to a gate or wall to receive credit. Heck, you can get credit for killing the guards and moving to the other side of the map, then 10 minutes later someone takes the tower you will get credit for helping take the tower.

So, skills have no bearing on actaully getting the credit, just the meter going up faster while capping. Example: using mist form after you have killed everything in a camp and the circle comes up the capture meter stops ticking while you are in mist form. However, even using that skill it it is captured by another person standing in the circle at the same time you will still get credit. This is just a bug that has and probably always will be in the game.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

in WvW

Nate.3927

Example=

you’re misunderstanding the OP. This isn’t about not contributing to the cap. It’s about contributing to the cap yet not getting any rewards.

It’s a weird bug that’s been around for a while, but it doesn’t happen consistently enough so it’s hard to work out what the exact cause is. It also only happens rarely so not a major issue tbh.

in WvW

Kamara.4187

Example=

you’re misunderstanding the OP. This isn’t about not contributing to the cap. It’s about contributing to the cap yet not getting any rewards.

It’s a weird bug that’s been around for a while, but it doesn’t happen consistently enough so it’s hard to work out what the exact cause is. It also only happens rarely so not a major issue tbh.

No I get what the OP is saying. I’ve not been in game long compared to many of you, so when I read “prevents capture point” I assumed it also voided out any reward.

If this is not the case and it is a bug could there be a correlation between the two?

I recall this happened to me once when we (a group) were taking back SW tower in our borderlands. After receiving nothing when the tower flipped I went digging for an answer, and that’s when I realized that I had used “renewed focus” during the cap.
I assumed that was the reason my reward had been voided out though the objective was captured by the group.

according to the Update – 03 December 2012

Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW. WvW capture points now follow the same rules as PvP capture points.

Anyhow that was my experience so I offered it up hoping it might be helpful in some way.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Y recurring bug indeed

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Shinon.4513

Shinon.4513

Example=

No I get what the OP is saying. I’ve not been in game long compared to many of you, so when I read “prevents capture point” I assumed it also voided out any reward.

If this is not the case and it is a bug could there be a correlation between the two?

I recall this happened to me once when we (a group) were taking back SW tower in our borderlands. After receiving nothing when the tower flipped I went digging for an answer, and that’s when I realized that I had used “renewed focus” during the cap.
I assumed that was the reason my reward had been voided out though the objective was captured by the group.

according to the Update – 03 December 2012

Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW. WvW capture points now follow the same rules as PvP capture points.

Anyhow that was my experience so I offered it up hoping it might be helpful in some way.

I’m sorry to say, but you can capture objects completely alone (so you obviously contribute) and still get no rewards. It happened at least twice to me, probably even more often. One day I even had to capture four or five camps (I think it was before the daily changed to two camps, but it was two more than required) and at least the first one I did completely on my own (can’t remember for the other four).

While I didn’t realized this issue in the last weeks, this week it already happened four times to me. No idea why. Twice on Monday, sadly the first was a keep we sieged for maybe 90 minutes (and it was a daily achievement). The second was a tower, right after I changed the borderland. Once more on Tuesday, if I’m right and today it failed to credit me Bravost. I hope it will get better soon again (or hopefully completely fixed).
By the way, you often already get the reward, if you kill at least two guards and the camp/tower/keep gets captured later by a different group. Therefore it’s really disappointing, when this happens to you after a very long siege, especially if it’s a daily achievement.

(edited by Shinon.4513)

in WvW

Posted by: Mantulis.4153

Mantulis.4153

This is the most annoying bug EVER. You fight for a keep or sm for hours, often making tremendous effort and eventually not getting any credit for it. I remember few times using karma booster while standing in SM circle just to get mad with no reward. I saw some people mentioned that it occurs to them about at 1% rate, but for me it happens a lot. I have asked in guild chat several times about it and people replied this rarely occurs to them. I can say for me it happens about once out of 20 captured towers/camps (thats 5%) and about 10-15% with keeps, and very often with SM, which I would assume is 15-20% rate. For example just yesterday playing for 2 hours, I didn’t get reward three times, whilst standing right in the circle. This is the only one thing that annoys me the most in WvW, since I started playing year and a half ago and still can’t understand what is hard about fixing it. Also I might mention that it could have something to do with Candy Gobbler. I use it constantly for WvW exp boost and noticed big tendency that when you stand in circle whilst capping and use it – chances get higher with not getting credit. I assume it could happen because your character gets turned into some kind creature, which possibly reset chars accomplishments or when you un-transform. So I did some testing today and now can confirm that if you turn into creature right at the same time as you cap objective, gives you no reward.

in WvW

Kamara.4187

Well we are all just kind of scratching our heads over it still, so if any of us come across it again, make a note of everything. The more information QA has the easier it will be for them to narrow down the cause. /salute

in WvW

Nate.3927

So I did some testing today and now can confirm that if you turn into creature right at the same time as you cap objective, gives you no reward.

This is probably the same as the “walk out of the circle just as it caps” problem that gives you no reward. But it’s likely different from the “I’ve been standing in the circle the entire time and got no rewards” problem.

One thing to consider that I have tried to pay attention to is that maybe you do get the reward, it’s just that the event popup on the top right doesn’t show. Unfortunately since this doesn’t happen to me on a regular basis, it’s hard to properly pay attention to this.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Had the same issue yesterday actually. Was taking a keep but did not get credit, and i for sure was active in the cap from start to end and was standing on the floor in the middle and got nothing. Next keep i had not problem and got it.

A friend of mine brought this subject up as well that he noticed this happen several times the last week.

in WvW

smitske.4912

One thing I noticed is that sometimes it happens when you are on the edge of the capping circle, perhaps what is shown and the real size for the calculations of contribution are not completely overlapping?

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

If you kill anything (that is veteran or above, so no worker, quartermasters), in vicinity of objective you tag it, you don’t even need to stand in circle. However, if you killed 1 target, that would give bronze reward, standing in circle gives gold always.

This is normal wvw, eotm is diff. Killing npc’s has NO impact on reward, you MUST STAND IN CIRCLE to get it. Exception is player kills. These tag the objective for you if you kill them in it’s vicinity.

It’s a bug. Like the server trying to organize the rewards, and sometimes overwrites player queues in the process somehow, and thus deletes their ‘tagged objective’ presence. It happens both with lag, and with absolutely no lag. To be fair, it happens only in normal wvw, did quite a lot of eotm, and never got an issue there (if i stood in circle – killing npc is another matter, see above).

@ smitske: nah. I’ve been investigating this issue all to well. Even standing in MIDDLE of circle, can get you a fail. I even tested the stairs on hills on purpose (part of cap circle goes quite a bit upstairs, I thought that 3D difference, made the circle unable to cope with it). But wrong, even if you stand on top of stairs (within circle), you get reward if the bug doesn’t kick in.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

smitske.4912

True it happens at many places, but if I were to start my investigation anywhere it would be there.

in WvW

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Sometimes I do not ge the credit for capping in wvw (camp/tower/keep), even if I am in the capping circle for the complete duration and killed the boss. There is no gold/silver/bronze reward or when I have a daily that does not count either.

This however does not always happen so I don’t really know how it can be reproduced.

I’ve had the exact same issue. It happens so rarely that it’s hard to say why. Since it happens so rarely, it’s not a big deal, probably only 20 times or so out of my thousands of caps… but there was a time I was tagged up, and we had a massive epic hours long battle over Gari. After finally pushing into Lords, and fighting multiple Waypoint waves, we FINALLY capped it…

…and I get no credit.

It was like a big middle finger. :/

in WvW

Posted by: nero.4157

nero.4157

it happens a lot more then 1%
and it makes me don’t buy expansion
that bug exist from 2012
and I never got the answer from anet