Junkpile.7439

Vabbi could be overflow server

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

It has been a lower priority than the other things we have done and we’ve only now been able to devote the appropriate resources to it.

Well, probably Anet should have priorize the “queue” fix, which affects almost everyone now instead of…lets see…maybe those new useless capture points on BL which almost no one cares about (heck, no one even bothers about those cannons there)?

Especially prior to the league!?!
Or does it come as such a big suprise that with those new achievements added, WvW will get a huge influx of players=longer ques???

And its not that Anet didn’t have a whole year to fix this, is it?

But I understand, a new map or new capture points provide better PR material….

GJ

This won’t end well…

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Wondered why it was taking longer than usual.

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Niteip.8301

Niteip.8301

Bugged Queues, extreme skill lag. They need to address this stuff soon. this is unplayable how it is and you ether loss or win just cause of skill lag, that is if you can get in the dang maps.

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

Q: When is a queue not a queue?

A: When its not a queue?

Fix the queue system……… but firstly more importantly the lag.

p.s Oh and remove those new WvW AP’s please.

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

APs are good. Stacking is not.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Goel.9127

Goel.9127

I started trying get into a T1 BL around 10:30 am est this morning, and my computer crashed twice. Once when queue popped, once when I just got in. Tried to queue solo arena (figured “wow it’s a long queue, I’ll have time for one game for daily”), queue popped in 10 min, but had already started arena game. All in all did not get in until 2:30 pm est. Made the queue even worse.

Had a blast once I got in, but that was annoying.

80 Guardian
Founder, “Free Buff Movement” [BUFF], BG

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

The reason the queue bug has never been a priority for fixing was because most of the time most servers didn’t have queues so it has been a non-issue and there was a lot more important stuff to work on. We were warned the League might result in queues in the top tiers and that we should not stack at the top but we did not listen and now we are pitching a fit over something we did to ourselves so yeah . . . hard to see why ANET would want to prioritize fixing it.

And for people complaining about skill lag at the same time being upset over queues . . . the one thing ANET can do (and has done in the past) to help skill lag only makes the queues longer so you have to pick one or the other to up in arms over for now. Every time ANET has tried to lower the WvW map caps which would help address the skill lag issue we all have screamed bloody murder about the resulting queues so again, this one is on us. ><

I have a new theory where fixing the queue system and creating the new overflow map started around a year ago and required some major code overhauls so ANET decided to best thing to do in the meantime while working on something they knew had to be in place before they could start taking WvW to the next level was to do as little as possible to please the WvWers so we would lose interest and stop making the queues worse. . . And it was working too up until the League got going but low and behold they announce the upcoming overflow map at the same time. Coincidence? I think not.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Excidius.8304

Excidius.8304

So the 2 hour queue, get in play for a while Skill lag 20 seconds long, that’s right a 20,000 ms ping, from these garbage servers which then kick you to character select, for another 2 hour wait in queue, how about some servers that can actually handle whats going on on them.

This garbage has been happening for ages and to release a SEASON and achievements to do this to encourage more people to participate prior to getting things in a state that is acceptable is POOR form on behalf of ANET.

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Tinoosh.5386

Tinoosh.5386

Tip that has worked for me to bypass the queue bug:

If you can get in to a border, but wish to get in to an other border that has a queue then simply join a random border and re-queue to the border you originally wanted to join. This usually decreases the queue time for me a lot and lets me join the border much faster than when I queue from outside of WvW.

Hope this helps!

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

It’s a new kind of queue.
It’s not a FIFO (first in, first out) nor a LIFO (last in, first out) it’s a FIRO (first in, random out).

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: red.2387

red.2387

You need to fix the queue now. It’s absolutely unacceptable to have a queue that functions as anything other than a queue. It’s an extremely simple implementation, every other MMO on the market has functioning PvP queues.

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I would think ques would have been pretty high on your priority list. Higher than ram mastery.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

I would think ques would have been pretty high on your priority list. Higher than ram mastery.

naaa… what’s the point of be in wvw if you don’t have a ram mastery ? lol

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Queues will be fixed as part of the new map. They will continue to operate as they have since launch until then. The queue does not function as a typical queue and we are fixing it. It will just take some time. It has been a lower priority than the other things we have done and we’ve only now been able to devote the appropriate resources to it.

Why didn’t you fix it 6 months before release when people first time gave you bug reports on this issue? In 2014 it will be over 2 years before you might have fixed a game breaking problem.

[RG]

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

It is kind of funny that everybody’s suddenly bringing up the randomized queue system again; most of us were crying about this LAST SEPTEMBER! But yeah, it was semi-explained a long time ago that the queues are somehow “random”, although I think that was back before Anet felt the need to explain anything in detail, so I don’t know exactly how it works; back then Anet still hadn’t officially admitted to us where all the non-ppt points in game were coming from, even that was a “hidden mechanic” that we could only guess at.

But yeah, for the first 3-4 months of the game 1+ hour queues were common on most servers (I was experiencing them in Tiers 3 and 4), especially on reset nights. So this isn’t a new problem in any way, it’s just the same old problem that a lot of new people are discovering for the first time.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: baseballguy.4865

baseballguy.4865

They take inconsideration on how many posts you do.\sarcasm

I think random is better than FIFO or LIFO since those those servers that have highest queue should not punish those that just signed on. I would love to see the formula they choose. I bet everytime someone gets in, the queue is reset.

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Queues will be fixed as part of the new map. They will continue to operate as they have since launch until then. The queue does not function as a typical queue and we are fixing it. It will just take some time. It has been a lower priority than the other things we have done and we’ve only now been able to devote the appropriate resources to it.

Does anyone else get the sense that Devon would actually have made a different choice, but his hands are tied?

What I mean, is that I’ve had enough experience in the workplace where choices were made by my superiors or co-workers, and while I strongly disagreed, it was my job to show solidarity with the decision when facing those outside of the staff.

Quotes like, “It has been a lower priority than the other things we have done and we’ve only now been able to devote the appropriate resources to it.” sound like the kinds of things I say when I really mean, “I know this sucks, I wish I could have done this, but I was told to put it on the back burner in favor of something else, I’m sorry and we’re working on trying to do it now.”

His quote about balancing rewards across the game so that people do all parts of it felt the same. As the guy in charge of WvW, it’s possible he wants to reward WvWers equal to the rest of the game, but has to toe the official line that awards need to be better elsewhere to keep people playing there.

But, of course, he’s the one who has to face the forums for those decisions.

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

Worst thing is that DevonCarver.5370 is so arrogant to ignore all messages after his message. After now there is nothing for me to do, I think it ’s time for me to move on to a new game. Only thing that keeps me is wvw and with queues over 3 hours is not fun for me any more.

Piken Square

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Hellzarmy.5417

Hellzarmy.5417

So they introduce leagues and even on a Leaderboard T4 server you got qs from 30mins-1h if you got unlucky. What did they expect us to do? Move to t8?
If i would be on T1 server i could atleast try to understand it but not with a server placed in the middle. Population cap on only 4 Maps+leagues+bugged Q= So much fun.

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Thwomp.3912

Thwomp.3912

yussssssss! I don’t mind waiting, we want them to do it right, amirite?

BG – Faboose – Ranger
BG – Thwompp – Elly
BG – Thwomp Jr – Warrior

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I don’t think Devon really understood. The problem is not necessarily that there is a queue, it’s that the queue doesn’t seem to select people in the order that they queue up. There are players who have been in queue for 30 minutes that are bypassed by someone that queues for the borderland and gets in within 5, before the first guy is able to escape the queue.

Yes, the new map will try to fix the queue problem, but it is more to address the issue of queues existing, not the queue choosing apparently random players to let in.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

it’s not a queue

IT’S A POOL

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Bugged Queues

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Can we get a confirmation that all queue sizes are the same for all servers? So that if one server queued a map and another attempted to do the same they would have equal number of players on the map per server?

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.