Bugging Dolyaks is still a thing...

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Bugging them to your advantage so that the model isn’t actually where its positioned.

How isn’t this fixed yet?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Jim.3971

Lord Jim.3971

Honestly, how could you possibly care?

Conchis – Tchuu Tchuu I’m A Train [TCHU] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Honestly, how could you possibly care?

Cutting off supply to an enemy keep or tower by killing off supply dolyaks is not something you’d care about? Some people….smh

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Jim.3971

Lord Jim.3971

Nope, NPCs don’t fight back and players will hide in keeps whether they are t1 or t3. Don’t waste your spare time performing menial and pointless tasks in game, fight people and if they are going to cower inside their keeps “bugging” dolyaks on their odd venture into the fresh air they really aren’t worth the effort you’ll put in to get at them.

Conchis – Tchuu Tchuu I’m A Train [TCHU] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I never heard of players bugging dolyaks before…

As fas as I know, the dolyaks bug by themselves when they don’t have a full destination route to make. If you don’t have Stonesmist for exemple, the dolyaks will run back to the camp upon reaching the outer towers… However, sometimes the dolyak model won’t do the running animation and will be far behind of where the dolyak actually is.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I dont know how to intentionally bug them but I usually unbug them buy using a leap skill towards them, so i know their actual position. Then i fear them, which resets their model to the right location.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Drastic.8920

Drastic.8920

I’ve only seen it happen when you capture a camp that had a dolyak enroute and then it’s on it’s way back. Other than a missed wxp/xp/karma opportunity, it doesn’t really give any advantage to the previous camp owner.

FC: Remnant Militant [SNKY]

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

dolyaks bug on their own

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Nope, NPCs don’t fight back and players will hide in keeps whether they are t1 or t3. Don’t waste your spare time performing menial and pointless tasks in game, fight people and if they are going to cower inside their keeps “bugging” dolyaks on their odd venture into the fresh air they really aren’t worth the effort you’ll put in to get at them.

…you have obviously never been a small server in tier7. Where we get matched up against massive servers like DH and NSP and HAVE TO cut supply off from them just to get our keeps back. Otherwise they will sit in our keeps and siege/upgrade the place because they can just jump down on us when we come to the gate, Trebbing and catapulting just gets you portal bombed and open field battles 20 versus 70 don’t go so well…Sometimes you HAVE TO cut their supply lines just to know that by the fourth time you go back to raid they will at least be out of supply and not be able to repair the walls/gates. Cutting off supply is a valid tactic.

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Been a bug since release like so many others. I would not count on a fix… ever.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

As far as i’m aware using swiftness on dolyaks will cause this out of syncing on the dolyaks, if you happen to be at the dolyak when it spawns and follow it with swiftness on you will see it on the proper position, however if someone swiftness buffs it and you encounter it half route, odds of it being out of sync are fairly high.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Bugging them to your advantage so that the model isn’t actually where its positioned.

How isn’t this fixed yet?

It costs players points when any glitches happen.

Anet doesn’t care.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

…you have obviously never been a small server in tier7. Where we get matched up against massive servers like DH and NSP and HAVE TO cut supply off from them just to get our keeps back. Otherwise they will sit in our keeps and siege/upgrade the place because they can just jump down on us when we come to the gate, Trebbing and catapulting just gets you portal bombed and open field battles 20 versus 70 don’t go so well…Sometimes you HAVE TO cut their supply lines just to know that by the fourth time you go back to raid they will at least be out of supply and not be able to repair the walls/gates. Cutting off supply is a valid tactic.

I’ve played everywhere from T8 to T4, and supply denial is a big deal in every one of them. I have also read countless threads about T1 and supply denial, but I’ll admit I’ve never been there (nor do I want to be).

Regardless, this is an ancient bug that should be fixed. Based on how long it took them to fix the party system in WvW, I wouldn’t hold your breath…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

dolyaks bug on their own

Right, dolyaks wrote their own code.

Gotcha.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security