Build Swapping, 3 Years On

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

So, something that existed in Guild Wars the game still hasn’t made it to the GW2, namely the ability to save and send and put on different builds using templates.

I find swapping builds in GW2 a complete chore- so much so that I don’t bother (apart from utility skill swap). I mean, who has enough paper to write down all the various pieces of armor, runes, trait lines and trait picks just so you can go back to your default after trying out a different build?

It’s such a basic function and would enable teams to easily get the right set ups they want on various players, why has it never been worked on?

I used to keep a pile of paper with all my various set ups for all my various toons that I used to main before H0T came out, when I used to use every class frequently depending on what was needed, but since H0T I’ve mained just two really- basically because changing builds is such a drag.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

ooor (I hope it is allowed) you can put your builds in sth like this
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/
and make a library for your builds.

But I totally agree, it sucks to switch back and forth between screens and tweak here and there …
especially if you use your guildhall arena for training – switching builds PvE→WvW..tweaktweak→PVE …..what was that I switched again… waaait, what was I testing?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

My old computer had 50+ bookmarks for different builds on the build editor site.
I do miss having them all in game gw1 style. I would spend hours just experimenting with different build ideas. I never do that in gw2 because so much of the builds are dependant on gear and runes, and most of the new stuff can only be aquired by grinding pve.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

We’ve been asking for templates for a long, long, long time. :/

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

@Baldrick

Totally agree with this suggestion. I’m going to borrow your idea here to update my Topic.

Thank you,
Diku

New Game Mode – WvG – World Vs Globes

10-Part-3-of-3-abcde-Expanded-Major-Mechanics-n-Triggers-v5.1
a) Players & Guilds

Not Implemented
Players

• Character Build System – Save – Load – Manage

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

its not so bad now i guess. they have separated builds between pve/pvp/wvw so when you join one or the other your build changes with it. better then nothing.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I would fully support build saving.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Almost 4 years already…

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Agreed. Templates should have made the jump long ago. It is a fairly time consuming chore for those that run one build in PvE and a different on in WvW.

its not so bad now i guess. they have separated builds between pve/pvp/wvw so when you join one or the other your build changes with it. better then nothing.

Except it only applies to traits and not weapons, armor, etc in WvW and PvE. sPvP mostly handles this but not fully.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Now this is a good topic!

Build templates would be amazing. Lets start work on this Arena Net!

Will buy 800 gems to get templates.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

this is the main thing that is killing the game for me. I’d like to experiment but there’s not much incentive to do it because it’s a hassle to switch between builds. if your experiment doesn’t work, you have to manually reset everything (hopefully you remember what you had before). nobody wants to mess around with scraps of paper or 50 browser bookmarks. it’s more encouragement for people to just mindlessly plug in whatever they find at metabattle and stick with it, reducing build diversity & increasing boredom.

I don’t understand why making a build saver is so difficult for them. they’ve done it before in gw1. you don’t have to re-animate anything, or rebalance skills, or make new maps. no calculations on how your change will affect the game economy or troubleshooting the clipping issues on a new skin. it’s just a simple QoL improvement that would positively affect everyone, no matter what their favorite game mode is, yet we’re nearly 4 years in and still without one. not even a simple one that can save traits and skills.