Build siege and WPs in enemy home keeps

in WvW

Posted by: HARDOFREADING.7298

HARDOFREADING.7298

Very clearly the ability to build siege & waypoints in an enemy’s home keep encourages camping and stifles competition. It was a poor design choice on day 1 & remains so….

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If you can’t retake your home-keep before they manage to build a WP (which takes several HOURS) I would say the issue lies with the server rather than the game. And if you are unable to retake it, you should at least be fully able to stop supplies from coming in.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Because karma training is better ?

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

wtb “-1” option!

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

It’s called holding it for the PPT. You think they would just abandon it, especially if it was T3.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

I’m guessing its about this. It takes HOURS to build it. I don’t know why you didn’t gank the yaks or even put a force on the map . You guys were all on TCBL.

Attachments:

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

HARDOFREADING.7298

You’d be wrong. Have no idea what you’re talking about…as much as I appreciate the l2p & qq comments …has nothing to do with massive camping/collusion stifling competition & rewarding campers. You can build a dozen trebs 5 seconds after flipping a keep & then spam poison that also rips all supply. 15 seconds after that you can build 8 ballistas & aim them at the spawn door. It was/is surely an accident of design but it should be seriously looked at….

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

If you can’t retake your home-keep before they manage to build a WP (which takes several HOURS) I would say the issue lies with the server rather than the game. And if you are unable to retake it, you should at least be fully able to stop supplies from coming in.

In a situation where you’re sufficiently outnumbered, you won’t be able to do this. Even on servers that aren’t outnumbered but simply in a low tier, it’s hard to spread enough people across 4 maps to keep things paper or upgrade it, giving the server who owns it overnight for North Americans to upgrade and hold it easier

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Delois.3974

Delois.3974

The keep is now T3, I can now log off for the day.

Attached SS is why they had issues getting out of spawn

Attachments:

(edited by Delois.3974)

in WvW

HARDOFREADING.7298

They’re going to troll post after post until it gets locked or purged when there is nothing in the original post about any current state of wvw. The troll posts are the ones that should be purged & those people infracted.

in WvW

Posted by: Srolo.5208

Srolo.5208

They’re going to troll post after post until it gets locked or purged when there is nothing in the original post about any current state of wvw. The troll posts are the ones that should be purged & those people infracted.

That won’t happen when certain developers/designers of the game play on TC/JQ and have admitted to this being okay and more fun for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

DH took overlook from ET many days during week 2 of the league and held it for several hours due we having no one to actually be there and stop them from doing it (coverage issues). Yet, I don’t see the problem there (Other than the power of better coverage). If we were able to do the same, we would do so. Holding a fortified objective is much easier than trying to defend a paper keep. Then why not upgrade it if we are capable of doing it?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: blur.7905

blur.7905

Building siege & waypoints in an enemy’s home keep is not helping in creating a more balance wvwvw. How do you expect a weaker sever to take the keep back which is full of siege weapon? Things get worst when they have fewer player. The strong side is getting point for every 15min they hold the keep. What more they want the whole map?

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

This is not a problem because usually the third server will attack the camping server at some point and they cannot hold both their home third and the extra home keep.

Of course this doesn’t apply at the moment for the specific matchup being referred to, but that’s a whole different story.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

This is not a problem because usually the third server will attack the camping server at some point and they cannot hold both their home third and the extra home keep.

Tell that to servers that are severely outnumbered for many hours (sometimes for the whole day) down in the low tiers…

Should I remind you that I had to face 14 weeks of Sorrow’s Furnace having the ENTIRE ETERNAL BATTLEGROUNDS fortified AND wp’ed, because ET and FC couldn’t opose it?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

blur.7905

Tell that to servers that are severely outnumbered for many hours (sometimes for the whole day) down in the low tiers…

Should I remind you that I had to face 14 weeks of Sorrow’s Furnace having the ENTIRE ETERNAL BATTLEGROUNDS fortified AND wp’ed, because ET and FC couldn’t opose it?

The main problem is when there is no third server.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

that was fun, for our side anyway. : ) We laffed our kittens off for hours.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

the two trebs in mendons were mine. we were firing cows right on the spawn path. I would still be doing it if the commander had not gotten too lazy to respond to Siegerazer for a fourth time. Or was it fifth.

For the Toast!

in WvW

blur.7905

First i must apologise for going off topic.
It is really funny that many player claim how much they hate the unbalance in the current wvwvw system. Where they themselves create a greater unbalance by forming alliance and it is ok just because they win.

in WvW

ykyk.2740

I suppose there could be some kind of dynamically adjusting mechanic that makes it more difficult to upgrade enemy holdings if they are outmanned on the map. The issue is you cannot just disallow it altogether because if a server manages to hold and fortify an enemy home keep against strong opposition then they should be rewarded. It certainly has happened before, ask Dragonbrand prime what happened to their garrison shortly before their bandwagon crumbled.

in WvW

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

It is really funny that many player claim how much they hate the unbalance in the current wvwvw system. Where they themselves create a greater unbalance by forming alliance and it is ok just because they win.

Find it funny that it is ok to transfer which creates unbalance for free wins.

in WvW

Posted by: Amaryllis.5378

Amaryllis.5378

Yeah, you’re right. Servers have always been able to control who does and doesn’t transfer to their server.

Oh, wait.

[KNT] Amaryllie
All the old knives that have rusted in my back, I drive in yours.

in WvW

blur.7905

I am not saying transfer is not creating unbalance. But forming alliance just make it worst.

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Please refrain from citing #Hibegate performances as examples of BGs true coverage, it is disingenuous.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

ykyk.2740

It’s like a game now, count the number of posts before any topic gets turned into T1 dramafest and gets locked.

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

1. We look for guilds to transfer to our server, yes. Looking at the recruitment forum, so do many other servers. We also assist in transfer fees, just like many other servers. This is a non-issue.
2. This certainly got out of hand during and after season 1. If people are still upset at comments made 6 months ago though…
3. See no.2. Also, besides W1,2 and 4 this season, we hadn’t won a couple of months, so this is disingenuous.

There’s no infighting in Blackgate. In fact, our core has never been stronger. We have varying opinions on how to deal with the 2v1, but every guild in our council have high spirits and still greatly enjoy wvw.

1. You bought and bribed guilds and have been doing it for a long time. Completely paying for guilds to transfer over + get enough money to get guild upgrades started. You can spin it how you want… people on the forums and in the server communities all know this.

2. The bragging and claiming dominance because of “skill” has been raging from BG for months and until they got double teams never seemed to stop. Of course this is not everyone in BG just its vocal members that BG paid to join the server.

3. BG tanked… and admitted to it in order to convince more guilds to join. The leadership did this before last season as well so… again spin as you want to… we know better.

No infighting? Maybe not with the hardcrew group in BG… but your MASSIVE fairweather community that you bought… its crying on every forum, everyday.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Greetings,
Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum
The WvW Community has created a new space for Match-Ups and other off-topic discussion. You can find the Player Community-run site here:
http://www.GW2WvW.net

in WvW

Reverence.6915

1. We look for guilds to transfer to our server, yes. Looking at the recruitment forum, so do many other servers. We also assist in transfer fees, just like many other servers. This is a non-issue.
2. This certainly got out of hand during and after season 1. If people are still upset at comments made 6 months ago though…
3. See no.2. Also, besides W1,2 and 4 this season, we hadn’t won a couple of months, so this is disingenuous.

There’s no infighting in Blackgate. In fact, our core has never been stronger. We have varying opinions on how to deal with the 2v1, but every guild in our council have high spirits and still greatly enjoy wvw.

1. You bought and bribed guilds and have been doing it for a long time. Completely paying for guilds to transfer over + get enough money to get guild upgrades started. You can spin it how you want… people on the forums and in the server communities all know this.

2. The bragging and claiming dominance because of “skill” has been raging from BG for months and until they got double teams never seemed to stop. Of course this is not everyone in BG just its vocal members that BG paid to join the server.

3. BG tanked… and admitted to it in order to convince more guilds to join. The leadership did this before last season as well so… again spin as you want to… we know better.

No infighting? Maybe not with the hardcrew group in BG… but your MASSIVE fairweather community that you bought… its crying on every forum, everyday.

1. Bribed? How can we bribe anyone to come to Blackgate? We asked guild leaders if they were interested in transferring to BG and, if yes, then we assist with transfer fees. Not unlike what both JQ and SoR did pre-season 1 (JQ got MERC & TKG, SoR got RISE from BG). We don’t give any gold beyond that, but on occasion are known to help with guild influence with guild missions and such if requested. You can ask guilds that have transferred to BG since Season 1 to now (ZDs, COIN, NV come to mind).

2. Every server does this. It’s what every t1 matchup thread ever is made of since, well, a long time ago. “You blobbed harder. No u. No u.” If you don’t believe me, just go look at the matchup threads 2-3 weeks before Season 1 started and in particular, the gloating of both JQ and SOR posters dismissing BG as a server about to implode. You again see this from both JQ and TC posters calling for BG’s implosion. We don’t see them as representatives of their servers though, so there’s that.

3. We’ve never tanked to recruit more guilds. We’ve never admitted this. You’ll never find a post from BG leadership admitting this. You’ll find plenty of posts from SoR and JQ about it though – those who were bitter about season 1 results.

The only week we intentionally sat out so far this year was the week prior to S2, as we were trying to get the 30 or 40 players from NV and SUPR into our server before the season started to avoid them getting locked out of WvW, though a few didn’t make it before s2 started anyway due to our server’s full status at that time.

Feel free to ask any more questions about BG’s actions in PM as this is terribly off topic. I’ll try answer it from BG’s perspective as truthfully as possible.

Back on topic: There should be a mechanic that allows the “home” keeps and structures to be taken more easily than the enemy servers, as well as costing less supply to upgrade than enemy server’s structures. There needs to be a way for undermanned servers, if they want to play for points, to play each structure tick for tick even if they don’t have the numbers to fight enemy zergs open field.

Also, superior siege should be disabled outside your third of the map, making it harder to attack and easier to defend.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Brace yourselves, #Hibergate is coming.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

blur.7905

I agree that the system should make it harder to attack and easier to defend when outside your one third map. This help close up point different and encourage losing sever to play the game.

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

snip

I’ve read some of your other posts and they seem fine and logically reasoned but as soon as the topic comes to BG and it’s tier 1 competitors or other servers that comment on BG you just become unreasonable. You become emotional and say things that are unnecessary and silly which no one outside BG believes.

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Also, superior siege should be disabled outside your third of the map, making it harder to attack and easier to defend.

I kinda like this idea, but I’m afraid that the gameplay would be pretty boring without things flipping as much as it is right now.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

And might I ask what’s so different about your keep that enemy shouldn’t have it? It’s just another structure on map and its position makes it harder for them to defend. That’s it. Keeps are meant to be capped and defended.

What next, they can’t cap it at all or maybe even shouldn’t touch close towers in EB?

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Building siege & waypoints in an enemy’s home keep is not helping in creating a more balance wvwvw. How do you expect a weaker sever to take the keep back which is full of siege weapon? Things get worst when they have fewer player. The strong side is getting point for every 15min they hold the keep. What more they want the whole map?

The weaker side could just buy some guilds with gold to balance out the servers.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

snip

I’ve read some of your other posts and they seem fine and logically reasoned but as soon as the topic comes to BG and it’s tier 1 competitors or other servers that comment on BG you just become unreasonable. You become emotional and say things that are unnecessary and silly which no one outside BG believes.

You have your perspective and I have mine. I have been part of BG since launch and been part of the WvW community for a long time now. I’ve seen BG rise, fall and rise again to T1 and watched the WvW community grow bitter and toxic towards BG as we became more successful, deserved or otherwise (mostly otherwise but some deserved).

BG’s received similar hate for years now, so I guess I’m kind of used to it. I always reply with my perspective on matters concerning BG, trying to keep things as unbiased as possible (it’s impossible to be completely impartial). Whether you believe it or not is up to you.

I kinda like this idea, but I’m afraid that the gameplay would be pretty boring without things flipping as much as it is right now.

Flipping things isn’t what keeps WvW interesting, or else EoTM wouldn’t be the massive failure it is. It’s the attacking and defending part that keeps WvW interesting.

And might I ask what’s so different about your keep that enemy shouldn’t have it? It’s just another structure on map and its position makes it harder for them to defend. That’s it. Keeps are meant to be capped and defended.

What next, they can’t cap it at all or maybe even shouldn’t touch close towers in EB?

It’s not that they shouldn’t be able to take it, but it should be hard to take it. It’s way too easy to karma train structures these days with basically everyone having maxed siege might and ram/catapult mastery. Defending while outnumbered is extremely tough and, if certain suggestions are put in place, will make WvW far more competitive for lower ranked (or double teamed) servers.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Yeah, you’re right. Servers have always been able to control who does and doesn’t transfer to their server.

Oh, wait.

I guess server rep isn’t the leading cause in the 2v1. Oh wait. I remember you can’t control server rep either only 2v1s huh

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Like SpehssMehreen kindly stated, please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum.

You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum

The WvW Community has created a new space for Match-Ups and other off-topic discussion. You can find the Player Community-run site here:
http://www.GW2WvW.net

If you feel that some of the posted messages could turn a thread into a match-up one, please don’t hesitate to report them via the little flag icon at the bottom right of each post so that the moderation team can act and prevent the thread from derailing.

Thank you for your understanding.