Building up a fortune just to loose it..

in WvW

Posted by: Xupok Moonheart.9412

Xupok Moonheart.9412

Most serious players, like myself, would spend a LOT of hard earned gold, mostly through PVE and BLTP playing, which feels like a time waste btw, anyway, on upgrading WvW stuff and building seige, some very much more expensive than others, just to loose it to servers with massively more population than we have.
So my question is.. Why do I even bother with this, other than dedication to my server and guild, when I know there is NO, I mean NO chance, for our server to survive the conquest from the others.
I hate to say it, but the current system is so flawed that it becomes extremely annoying and frustrating to play when ‘our’ server are up against higher tiers.
Before you hate, this was written when tier 5 servers where playing, rank 14,15,16 (us being 16) yet their numbers out-weighed us 10-2 easily at any time. 20-2 at prime time..
ArenaNet,PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pay attention to the main wvw thread about changes to the current system or risk loosing loyal players, if not already so.
PVP is not the end-all and be-all.

[Gamers Repulic of South Africa]

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Wouldn’t the most serious player be in WvW at all times and thus not go to PvE to get their hard earned gold?

2-3 people can defend a fully upgraded keep for quite some time against 30-40 people with good placement of siege and so on. That should also give enough time to contact people on other maps in order to get assistance.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

Wouldn’t the most serious player be in WvW at all times and thus not go to PvE to get their hard earned gold?

No, because the most serious wvw player wants to have food buffs to have better chances of beating their opponents. Food buffs are very expensive and the minimal loot you get from wvw isn’t enough. Not even mentioning siege or upgrades

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

I dont get why when it comes to such matchups, the two lower servers dont team up to fight the higher server together.

Why not teach them a lesson for bandwagoning?

Instead the higher server attacks one of the others, and the one mot current being attacked take advantage to add the other as well, so you end up doubleteaming with the higher server instead, they win, you both still lose.

Players created this problem along with anet, but it seems it’s up to us to fix it, either higher server player come down, or those on lower go up. But then who’s gonna pay for the gems???

in WvW

Posted by: Seamus.9645

Seamus.9645

I dont get why when it comes to such matchups, the two lower servers dont team up to fight the higher server together.

Why not teach them a lesson for bandwagoning?

Instead the higher server attacks one of the others, and the one mot current being attacked take advantage to add the other as well, so you end up doubleteaming with the higher server instead, they win, you both still lose.

Players created this problem along with anet, but it seems it’s up to us to fix it, either higher server player come down, or those on lower go up. But then who’s gonna pay for the gems???

Why isn’t there a massive scale of inter server WvW communication going on and a system in place of mob rule punishment against those who would break the truce with the other side you can’t speak with.

Totally and utterly beyond the scope of players ability to set up and maintain.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

No, because the most serious wvw player wants to have food buffs to have better chances of beating their opponents. Food buffs are very expensive and the minimal loot you get from wvw isn’t enough. Not even mentioning siege or upgrades

That depends on what kind of wvw player you are. I never have a problem with $$, never play PVE, mix of solo roaming / zerg fights.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Most serious players, like myself, would spend a LOT of hard earned gold, mostly through PVE and BLTP playing, which feels like a time waste btw, anyway, on upgrading WvW stuff and building seige, some very much more expensive than others, just to loose it to servers with massively more population than we have.
So my question is.. Why do I even bother with this, other than dedication to my server and guild, when I know there is NO, I mean NO chance, for our server to survive the conquest from the others.
I hate to say it, but the current system is so flawed that it becomes extremely annoying and frustrating to play when ‘our’ server are up against higher tiers.
Before you hate, this was written when tier 5 servers where playing, rank 14,15,16 (us being 16) yet their numbers out-weighed us 10-2 easily at any time. 20-2 at prime time..
ArenaNet,PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pay attention to the main wvw thread about changes to the current system or risk loosing loyal players, if not already so.
PVP is not the end-all and be-all.

You’re expressing the same concerns as many who’ve come and gone since launch. Its the reason many have come to largely disregard the point system and just play for the fights or just outright left. We’ll see what the expansion brings, though, I don’t have a lot of faith(read none) due to past decisions.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

2-3 people can defend a fully upgraded keep for quite some time against 30-40 people with good placement of siege and so on. That should also give enough time to contact people on other maps in order to get assistance.

because the most serious wvw person will not get nice things if they only play wvw. Don’t give me some bullkitten with the rank chests giving ascended kitten

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Siege, food/utilities, upgrades cost tons of gold. Do you have any idea how much commanders burn through in an hour let alone a night of raiding. WvW players essentially are forced to do pve to earn gold because wvw rewards are lackluster compared to pve and pvp. Heck a pot of commonly used food will cost around 5g and only stays out for 5mins, and lasts for an hour. Throw down 2 superior rams, thats already 30s if buying on the tp. Throw some more for inner gates, that one keep can cost a commander over 1g if they take it. And to have any chance to being able to defend your territory you need to upgrade which costs gold and lots of time from dedicated players to ensure supply gets in and upgrades are running, and any threats are reported. Otherwise everything is paper, and nobody cares much about defending paper objectives which means wvw becomes a ktrain.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

true this. i have heavily slowed down on upgrading, popping up defensive and offensive sieges and if i do have to put defensive sieges, some of them like the trebs are normals unless there is a server or guild siege allocation for it that day.

this has been the topic of so many threads before and i doubt anything will be happening soon. then again if rewards do scale up, we’ll have more of the kind of people we don’t want in wvw playing it spicing up the queues which could be bad for anything on high silver or above.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I will say it again, there should be wvw reward tracks that are progressed by anything that rewards wxp and only rewards wvw related items like siege, maybe tomes of knowledge/ascended mats, badges of honor, food/utility choices etc. This would help out wvw players and the commanders who have to burn through so much by providing content specific rewards, this way it really mostly benefits those that do wvw, keeping down the number of farmers and reward hunters.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Yeahhh when you’re up against numbers like that, it’s just hopeless. I started doing WvW to get map completion, but now that I’ve finished that, I’m not sure I’ll keep playing. I mean, what’s the point, when almost all of the battles come down to how many people you brought?

I remember playing Planetside 2 and having similar feelings about it, although in that case, every outpost you captured had a spawn point, and you could spawn inside a place that was being attacked, so it was a lot easier to keep battles going for longer, which means strategic choices might have a more significant impact. Of course, that game is so different it’s like apples to oranges, but at least in that game anybody could make a major difference in a fight if they played well. In GW2 it’s just stack up, buff up, and run your blob into their blob until one of the blobs is gone.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

As I have said in past threads they can add all the “New” crap to WvW they want, but until they fix the problem caused by having servers with vast difference in numbers facing each other WvW will likely continue to die for many servers.

There have been many suggestions for an Alliance based system that would be guild focused (alliance of guilds) and have a cap on how many players could belong to each alliance & have the ability for the hierarchy of each guild to remove members. (who have been inactive, or are caught spying)

Such a system would also need an non ranked tier for people who do not care about WvW enough to maintain membership in such a guild however. In which case it could simply toss people randomly together like it does for EOTM (with some consideration for friends/guild mates)

If a system like this were to be created it would solve a great many of the problems with WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

All blueprints/keep upgrades etc should NOT cost gold. Only badges………

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Wouldn’t the most serious player be in WvW at all times

Yes, and the most serious of WvW players would not go on the forums to whine either. So OP is apparently not that serious.

fi fa foo i smell casual players blood.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

As I have said in past threads they can add all the “New” crap to WvW they want, but until they fix the problem caused by having servers with vast difference in numbers facing each other WvW will likely continue to die for many servers.

There have been many suggestions for an Alliance based system that would be guild focused (alliance of guilds) and have a cap on how many players could belong to each alliance & have the ability for the hierarchy of each guild to remove members. (who have been inactive, or are caught spying)

Such a system would also need an non ranked tier for people who do not care about WvW enough to maintain membership in such a guild however. In which case it could simply toss people randomly together like it does for EOTM (with some consideration for friends/guild mates)

If a system like this were to be created it would solve a great many of the problems with WvW.

I’ve brought up the guild/alliance thing a few times. That way, there would be no PvDoor, people could still play with who they want, and NA/EU wouldn’t be star crossed lovers :P

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

The number one problem with WvW is population imbalance, until maps have a dynamic cap to guarantee even numbers at all time you’re gonna have this problem.

Leave it to the players? I hardly think so, you cannot put something like this in their hands because they’re always gonna be the little-wanna-be guys that will just pile up on the highest populated on and happily hop around when they “win”, because going 3~5 to 1 fights is the only way they got.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

How does one “loose” a fortune? Is fortune an arrow and you have a bow? So confused right now…

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Maybe his arrow is made of gold?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Elvirais.5472

Elvirais.5472

All blueprints/keep upgrades etc should NOT cost gold. Only badges………

+1. Never understood why it would cost gold at all. Give poor wvw players a chance.

I play Guild Wars for WvWvW – Piken Square !
Marush Ifri, Noreena Gorun, Arsaname, Desra Ele…

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Ugh badges are such a waste, all I use them for is siege since armor and weapons will steal your runes/sigils if you ever want to change stats.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

Most importantly, how loose did you make it?