Builds for fastest camp flips - Post em' !

in WvW

Posted by: Shtos Vant.4182

Shtos Vant.4182

Hello,
So with every camp seeming to be fully upgraded all the time, what build have you found fastest at flipping?
My old Warrior GS/S-SH stance build takes FOREVER to pull and kill repeatedly. My condi engi seems to be having more luck.

Looking to hear from Dragon Hunters, Reapers, and various elite specs along with old ones as well.

Thanks!

Having fun on Kaineng [SKY]

in WvW

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

You still have to get to the camp first

Full Sentinel Reaper with Soldier trinkets can solo a fully upgraded camp with little to no trouble. Fast? Yes! Fast mobility? No.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Zerker wellbomb reaper will no doubt clear fast and safe, assuming you can bunch them all up. Necro already did it good before but reaper shroud is considerably better in multi-target melee range. I’ve barely ran with elite specs though. My condi trapper druid seem to work fine for camp capping.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I flip upgraded camps with zerker staff ele, get agro, pull mobs around some corner, drop sandstorm there, earth 4,2 and 3, fire 2 and meteor shower. Clears everything fast even with vets in there, RQ can be problem cos moles </3 blinds.

Die when someone comes around to defend :P

Although few times some smart players try to tank my meteor while standing in sandstorm, those wtf whispers are gold.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Zerker/Valk thief – it’s not that hard if you’ve only got to kill 3 guards…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Knight/Cavalier Necro works too. It’s not the fastest, but you’re not going to die unless you screw up, so it may be effectively faster in the end.

in WvW

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

DA/Trickery/Daredevil D/D Thief. With max defensive guard stacks (+50 endurance on guard kill) it’s constant evade frames. Add in the AoE condition damage options (Caltrops, caltrops on dodge, double needle traps, AoE condi sigils and Krait runes) and upgraded camps melt fast.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

I group all the guards onto the supervisor….drop all traps…..gs spin to win and cleave’em down…..camp flipped in under a min lol……much DARGONHUNTER!

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

DA/Trickery/Daredevil D/D Thief. With max defensive guard stacks (+50 endurance on guard kill) it’s constant evade frames. Add in the AoE condition damage options (Caltrops, caltrops on dodge, double needle traps, AoE condi sigils and Krait runes) and upgraded camps melt fast.

That is assuming you dont have the reaction time of an arthritic sloth like me.

Last time I played daredevil, I died to a single level 70 fire imp.

True story.

No, I really mean it, it is a true story

in WvW

Posted by: jdallen.5179

jdallen.5179

True story.

Right there with ya, Dawdler; I need classes and configurations that limit button mashing if I want to have fun.

To that end, I’ve had good luck with a trap configured Dragon Hunter. Takes me a couple of kites to pull out 2-4 at a time into my traps; more than that can be A Problem. Each kite fight is about 30-45 seconds, and then quick clean up after I’ve downed the supervisor. Major pain is the ranged scouts that I have to duel down. I configure mace/shield in my second weapon set and sometimes close to melee, as it gets me more healing from the mace, is very tanky and does a surprising amount of damage. I may experiment with either Hammer (for quick symbols and CC) or GS (for raw melee DPS).

I’ve tried my 80 warr configured using the Beserker elite spec; sadly, he doesn’t have either the DPS or sustain to pull it off quickly solo; still tinkering with that meta. It may be the build needs more of the button mashing we both have trouble with in order to work properly.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

True story.

Right there with ya, Dawdler; I need classes and configurations that limit button mashing if I want to have fun.

To that end, I’ve had good luck with a trap configured Dragon Hunter. Takes me a couple of kites to pull out 2-4 at a time into my traps; more than that can be A Problem. Each kite fight is about 30-45 seconds, and then quick clean up after I’ve downed the supervisor. Major pain is the ranged scouts that I have to duel down. I configure mace/shield in my second weapon set and sometimes close to melee, as it gets me more healing from the mace, is very tanky and does a surprising amount of damage. I may experiment with either Hammer (for quick symbols and CC) or GS (for raw melee DPS).

I’ve tried my 80 warr configured using the Beserker elite spec; sadly, he doesn’t have either the DPS or sustain to pull it off quickly solo; still tinkering with that meta. It may be the build needs more of the button mashing we both have trouble with in order to work properly.

You can always try the Reaper if you find the kiting taking too long. Its ridiculously simple and I have bound by Fx ability to Q, so pretty much no major movements on the keyboard. When I cap a fully upgraded camp, I rush straight in, pop rise, go into shroud, pop stability, move towards the nearest cluster of scouts, wait a few secs until all the guards is upon you… then just spin for the win. 5, 4, 2, autoattacks mop up whatever is left. If you lost any HP at all or needed to dodge while 10 guards are upon you, you are using the wrong build.

Its just too bad that the class itself is too easily kited by other roaming builds.

in WvW

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

I’m using my standard Ranger LB/Ace/Torch Trapper Build. Run to the Supervisor, set pet to attack, then stealth with LB3. All NPCs cluster on the pet (wolf), Drop Entangle, Healing Spring, Spike, Viper’s Nest and Flame Trap, Throw Torch on Supervisor, drop Fire Field, keep dropping as needed. Use stealth from traps/CC from LB as needed if you get in trouble. Dire gear, reasonably fast camp flips. Upgraded camps can be done in two sets without trouble.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Maybe we should ask some PvE speed runners help?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch