Buying ascended gear with WvW badges

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I hope anet lets us buy ascended armor/weapons/trinkets with WvW badges.
it will be a great halloween gift!

We shouldn’t be made to get it via raids or crafting or lucky drops only. and the drop rates in WvW seems much lower than high level fractals =(

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I could see them doing this with Proofs over Badges

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

The drop rates from the reward tracks seem decent to me. I haven’t done fractals for years so I wouldn’t know if it’s better there or not. I’ve gotten several ascended rings and ascended armor/weapon chests from random loot boxes in the dungeon tracks, the maguuma tracks and the triumphant armor track. The loot boxes from the new bloodstone fen and ember bay tracks haven’t given me anything decent, so maybe only a few tracks have boxes with good drop rates.

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

The drop rates from the reward tracks seem decent to me. I haven’t done fractals for years so I wouldn’t know if it’s better there or not. I’ve gotten several ascended rings and ascended armor/weapon chests from random loot boxes in the dungeon tracks, the maguuma tracks and the triumphant armor track. The loot boxes from the new bloodstone fen and ember bay tracks haven’t given me anything decent, so maybe only a few tracks have boxes with good drop rates.

Not necessarily I WvW almost every night for a while and have never received a single Ascended drop, now in Pvp I have received over 6 in 3 days all Armor and weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

That’d be a nice idea, might even attract players into wvw.

My worry is that anet would implement yet another useless currency and turn it into a grind fest when alls we want to do is WVW baby!

Proofs are fine, tomes of K, and BoH. So many stacks of tomes….

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Just because they drop doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a way to buy them. You can now buy Ascended Boxes with Stabilizing Matrixes + Gold in the fractals regardless of the fact that the boxes drop from daily fractal boxes.
It’s always better to have a sure way instead of expect RNGeesus to bless you.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

But keep in mind that the emry Bay track filled a couple times is the fastest way to get an ascended back peice

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Not necessarily I WvW almost every night for a while and have never received a single Ascended drop, now in Pvp I have received over 6 in 3 days all Armor and weapons.

Well the drop rates the same, you just go through the reward tracks faster in PvP, right?

Just because they drop doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a way to buy them. You can now buy Ascended Boxes with Stabilizing Matrixes + Gold in the fractals regardless of the fact that the boxes drop from daily fractal boxes.
It’s always better to have a sure way instead of expect RNGeesus to bless you.

Oh, I didn’t know about the Stabilizing Matrix vendor. It does seem a little unfair in that case.

But keep in mind that the emry Bay track filled a couple times is the fastest way to get an ascended back peice

Yeah, but I was hoping to get at least a few goodies while working up to the backpack.

(edited by Clownmug.8357)

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

You get 50 bloodstones from each time the track completes and need 200, so 4 times.

Still would be nice to have the option to buy ascended weapons and armor the same way.