TOWER (10) = 10 * [factor]
KEEP (25) = 25 * [factor]
CASTLE (35) = 35 * [factor]

-

The same calculations for GREEN and for BLUE Server
———————————————————————————————
———————————————————————————————

EXAMPLE: calculate RED SERVER in this “tick”:

In this example we can observe that RED server has more players than the other two servers together in this “tick”:

GREEN: 50 players
BLUE: 70 players
RED: 200 players
. . . . . . . . . . .
Total: 320 players

CALCULATING %:

RED: x = ( 200 * 100% ) / 320 = 62%
ENEMIES: e = ( (50+70) * 100% ) / 320 = 38%

[DIF]: 62% – 38% = 25%
[factor] = 1 – ([DIF]/100) = 0.75

POINT in this “tick” for RED:

CAMP (5) = 5 * [factor] = 5 * 0.75 = 3.75
TOWER (10) = 10 * [factor] = 10 * 0.75 = 7.5
KEEP (25) = 25 * [factor] = 25 * 0.75 = 18.75
CASTLE (35) = 35 * [factor] = 35 * 0.75 = 26.25

And we know than RED Server have(example): 10 CAMPs, 4 TOWERs, 2 KEEPs
TOTAL POINTS in TICK = 10*3.75 + 4*7.5 + 2*18.75 = 105 points

Suxen [OdS] – thief in Baruch Bay [ES] – Spain

(edited by Suxen.8574)

Calculation points based in enemies online

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Has been suggested many times (varying formulas), it is the only way WvW could ever be considered remotely “fair” or “even” given the current population/timezone disparities.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

So what happens if a server has 0 players? No one else earns points?

Here, I’ll say it. I don’t mind population imbalance. People should show up, do their best with what they got. Ultimately playing against yourself is how things are measured. I’ve gotten to think it’s good there is a league for people who like to have big blobs and a league for people who don’t. I like being in a place where guild groups aren’t regularly 20+. Where 5 man guilds are big deal. Not everyone wants that and I like that there is a league for that. I just don’t think they’re better than we are and I don’t expect to be matched against them.

I do mind that game is actively rewarding people for transferring up tiers though. It’s always been thus and every update reinforces it.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

They could simply adopt a Kill/Death ratio scoring system. Then it wouldn’t matter how many players a server has only how many they kill versus how many times they die. Skill groups and skilled players would then become extremely important in determining victory which is what they should be focusing on anyway.

There are holes with this system but it is still better than the current one.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

How about they just make EoTM count toward the score also, since we lost a lot of our population to the map.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Simply put, EOTM has changed the game.

I would prefer the following;

3 hourly reset of the match. Removal/massive lowering of the gold cost of upgrades.
The winner of the majority of the 56 sessions in a weekly match wins the weekly match. Countbacks are used to split ties.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Cheechglg.8734

Cheechglg.8734

This is a good idea but… always a but, still the fact that red team of 200 is going to wipe most of green team off the map, loseing all the upgrades and siege placed

Its all about coverage, not even 24 hour coverage in some cases, between 1am – 10 am good coverage from 1 server and the other 2 haveing low coverage can win the match. Take Fort Ranik, lucky to have 150 PPT 10am – midnight then their getting 500-600 PPT for 8 – 10 hours

Localised server’s the problem.

Teaming Eu and NA server’s together to fight along side each other and 1 or 2 new WvW maps introduced could solve this problem

Infraction points INC!
[FLEE] Gandara [PUK]

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I would think it’s simpler to scale the rate of the ticks with current player activity rather than resort to some complex equation.

• If a total of 1500 people are in WvW you “tick” every 10 minutes.
  • If a total of 500 people are in WvW you “tick” every 20 minutes.
  • If a total of 100 people are in WvW you “tick” every 40 minutes.

I’d say only total numbers of players matters because if you show up with a 100 man raid at 4AM, that should make a difference. Just less than it does currently.

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

Why do you people still care? Because the devs sure as hell don’t.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

They could simply adopt a Kill/Death ratio scoring system. Then it wouldn’t matter how many players a server has only how many they kill versus how many times they die. Skill groups and skilled players would then become extremely important in determining victory which is what they should be focusing on anyway.

There are holes with this system but it is still better than the current one.

With the large disparity in player numbers between servers this would not work. Does not matter how skilled players are or think they are, when you have say 10 vs 60 your chance of survival is very slim. Kill/death ratio is unlikely to be in your favour.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

With the large disparity in player numbers between servers this would not work. Does not matter how skilled players are or think they are, when you have say 10 vs 60 your chance of survival is very slim. Kill/death ratio is unlikely to be in your favour.

I am not talking about shared kills where each player gets a kill because they touched an enemy but actual kills. 60 players mowing down 10 would net a very small ratio increase. Besides solid skill groups can effectively kill 2x their numbers before being brought down. The may lose the fight but the win the score since the zerg gets 10 and they probably got 20. Sure they didn’t bust the zerg but they pumped up their score considerably. Remember it is a ratio not a count. In this scenario:

Zerg 10 kills/20 deaths = 0.5
Skill Group 20 kills/10 deaths = 2

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So best idea would be send one good guild every map and bully all other players out of maps.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

gets suggested about once a week, fails on two points:

-get lead, drop out, win since opponents can’t catch up now that points are worth less.

-everyone drops out a few seconds before tick, then joins back 20 seconds later.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Another idea:
1. Points per kill divided by number of tags on the kill. So if 1 player kills 1 player his server gets 100ppt. If 2 players kill 1 , server gets 50pts. If 100 kill one they get 1 pt.
2. Periods when keeps/towers do not give ppt, only kills give ppt. Say after 1am until 1pm all the objectives give no ppt and can’t be flipped.
3. Another idea that someone else posted in another thread is to only give ppt for an objective if a supply camp related to itis same color. This way you have to split up and go open field.

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

Say after 1am until 1pm all the objectives give no ppt and can’t be flipped.

For whose timezone? and why is your time worth more than that of people who are on a different schedule than you?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Straegen.2938

gets suggested about once a week, fails on two points:

-get lead, drop out, win since opponents can’t catch up now that points are worth less.

-everyone drops out a few seconds before tick, then joins back 20 seconds later.

The first one already exists in the system now and exists with virtually any scoring system since servers often get a big lead or fall way back and stop playing. A fix to a ratio system would be to reset the ratio each day. So seven days of play would be seven distinct scores added together. You might win big on Saturday and Sunday but no guarantee of Monday-Friday. Almost like tennis sets and matches.

The second one is easy since there is no “tick” any longer. Every kill and death counts.

Again this is just a thought exercise and there are still holes.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

The second one is easy since there is no “tick” any longer. Every kill and death counts.

my response was to OP’s suggestion, which most definitely still uses ticks.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Straegen.2938

my response was to OP’s suggestion, which most definitely still uses ticks.

Ahh… most of your criticisms apply to any scoring system though even the current one.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Say after 1am until 1pm all the objectives give no ppt and can’t be flipped.

For whose timezone? and why is your time worth more than that of people who are on a different schedule than you?

I actually play in off hours, so it would be my timezone that has not ppt per objectives, but ppt per kill. That would be much better than the stupid pvd.

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

Ahh… most of your criticisms apply to any scoring system though even the current one.

Go ahead and demonstrate how because I don’t see it.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks