Call to Arms: We want your WvW videos!

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I think it’s the trial accounts thing that they will try and showcase at PAX to entice people to buy the game. I also think someone nailed it on the head when they said Anet suddenly realised that they had nothing to show about wvw (as no one works on it) when they were finalising their presentation for PAX and hence the first dev post on these forums.

Of course given previous history they are more likely to remove the wvw discussion forum (like the match up forum), and infract loads of people than they are to actually bother to say why they want the videos (which would be common courtesy).

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I wonder what would happen if we turned this into a match-up thread.. would it be closed then?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I wonder what would happen if we turned this into a match-up thread.. would it be closed then?

I gotta say, we on Ring of Fire are sure getting tired of our craptastic matchups. Yet again we’re paired up with servers much higher than we are, while the two servers below us are much closer points wise.

But, I suppose we could make a video of this, showing the stale fixed matches that repeat week after week.

(Ok, let’s see if that works)

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

(Ok, let’s see if that works)

And let’s pay homage to several skilled players from Far Shiverpeaks too, that appeared around end of February and to my knowledge still play there:

P.S.: I am sure the owner of the video would be happy to use it to showcase how awesome WvW is. No copyright music too!

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

TBH I want to see this seen through to the end, only one more day.

Why? Because we all want to know why they want this footage!

If this ends up being for PAX, anet might as well just shut down WvW altogether, the hate that such a thing will generate will far outgrow the negativity currently on this thread!

If the above really happened, I can see it now: A Call to Devs thread; it being closed and removed, and being resurrected.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Let’s find out.

It’s been about 3 or so weeks of fighting CD and HoD. They’ve been some interesting match-ups. Great fights with a lot of guilds, we even recorded some of it.

I’ve gotta say though this match-up looks pretty set, like every other. HoD, have you guys given up yet? I’d love to get more footage of my guild fighting you guys, though unfortunately the only bigger fights worth recording and uploading have been against CD.

It also looks like T1 is super close right now, less than 10k between each server. It’ll be interesting to see who pulls ahead this round. If JQ loses, it looks like SoS may make a push to T1 given their current match-up (already 40k ahead of FA). I’m betting there’s been some great fights in both match-ups I bet they’d make WvW look really fun

inb4 infraction

noice

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

idk guys, but sfr seems to be going down…

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Here is a serious question. What will be the general feelings from players towards the guilds that have sent in footage?

in WvW

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Here is a serious question. What will be the general feelings from players towards the guilds that have sent in footage?

I guess respect will be the last.

in WvW

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

idk, what happened to the guilds who tested EOTM for the WvW community? Look at how that turned out, but there hasnt been any hate towards them.

Also guild cannot control all their players, if one player streams and then allows anet to use their footage, what they gonna do?
If they dont mind it can be used as recruiting, or attracting players to the server they are on.
If they do mind, all they can do is kick the person who allowed anet to use it.

But as I said, it doesnt matter, what really matters is what anet is going to do with it?!
If they use it to advertise WvW and we still dont get any updates this summer, WvW players are gonna hate the devs even more! But what good will that do? We cannot voice our opinions here, nor can we do it on their facebook page; trust me I’ve tried and been blocked from posting on their page! All dozen accounts!!! And you remember when GvG players spammed their twitch streams? Any who wrote GvG was auto banned from posting on their streams as well!!!
Anet have done everything possible, bar banning us from the game completely, all in the hopes to silence us.

Let them do what they want, we’ll just wait and ride the storm. I sit in earnest waiting to see their video compilation and it’s affects/

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

I’m looking forward to see the complete video. Maybe it’ll bring my friends who quit the game ages ago back to try out wvw for 10 mins?

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in WvW

sMihaly.1492

Didn’t say anyone would hate them, but they neither will they be respected, thats sure.
Personally I’m neutral about them, there will be many videos sent in, cuz people are chasing fame.
If someone really wants Arenanets attention then he will go and protest on PAX.
But thats just childish…

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

in WvW

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Didn’t say anyone would hate them, but they neither will they be respected, thats sure.
Personally I’m neutral about them, there will be many videos sent in, cuz people are chasing fame.
If someone is really wants Arenanets attention then he will go and protest on PAX.
But thats just childish…

Hey! I would so do that, but I’m not in the USA. If I was I’d be outside their offices right now with a megaphone and tent! And I hate the thought of camping!

But you know, that’s how mad I am at Anet.
But you know what would happen “Security!”

in WvW

sMihaly.1492

I’m mad at them too, but it’s still just a game. Even if its painful to watch what they r doing to such a good game, we are always free to play something else, and they are free the neglect us.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I’m mad at them too, but it’s still just a game. Even if its painful to watch what they r doing to such a good game, we are always free to play something else, and they are free the neglect us.

Except that if your interest lies in large scale RvRvR, GW2’s WvW is pretty much the only game in town right now; and anet knows it. Which is why the day a competitor comes out with a RvRvR game to challenge GW2 can’t come soon enough. That is when a fire will finally be lit under anet’s butt to start putting resources into improving WvW; if it’s not already too late by then.

That, and the absolute waste of potential of this game mode is so very disheartening. There is so much more WvW could become if they put even a quarter of the effort into it that they pour into PvE and the Living Story. And has been demonstrated in a previous thread, WvW-ers buy gems, too; quite possibly more than PvE-ers. So there’s an incentive for anet/ncsoft to develop this game mode further as it would benefit their bottom line. But because they’re unwilling to think outside the box, it languishes far behind PvE.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Jarrix.8234

Jarrix.8234

No feelings.

Given it’s going to be used in a promo video to promote the game at gamescon or PAX, a vast majority of the active WvW players won’t even watch it.

The very small percentage of players that will watch it will be the ones that submitted video hoping to see themselves or the ANet apologists (PvE players) that will throw heaps of undeserved praise at ANet and video submitters because that’s what they do.

The rest of us will simply not care.

Kayku
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I am on the side of those who want to send in videos of glitches, incorrect tooltips we count on, cheats, missing items and wrongful WvW associations.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

I am on the side of those who want to send in videos of glitches, incorrect tooltips we count on, cheats, missing items and wrongful WvW associations.

Perhaps someone from the community should compile another WvW promo video, including the jewels that have been removed from this thread along with other little incidents that happen on a daily basis. Release it at the same time Anet release theirs and see how much they differ.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

in WvW

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Yeah let’s showcase all the exploits that are still around since day 1.

And perhaps we can play spot the difference between WvW now and WvW from the beginning.

Capture some fantastic footage of Thieves and Mesmers hacking under the floor to contest keep waypoints.

Or Elementalists hacking under the floor to use Meteor shower on zergs stacked deep inside SM or their own keep.

Or the teleport exploiters warping around the map.

The Engineers that warp through gates to attack siege or speedhack their cooldowns.

Or just the fact that WvW is utterly stagnant and hasn’t really changed for the better since release. The one good thing that’s changed? Shared WVWXP? I think that’s about it.
Oh and the blue flames for Righteous Indignation that lets you see it from a little further away. Wow, insane development for a 2 year old game.

The PvE gemstore on the other hand and PvE live story updates…
PvE has had so many changes and additions, it seems like ArenaNet is dedicated only to its PvE content really, ignoring the other 2/3s of the game.

Edge of the Mists? It’s a joke, it’s PvE.
3 zergs rotate clockwise around the map taking the keeps and other objectives as they go to farm karma. They avoid getting into fights with each other because that would just spoil the rotation timing.

(edited by Ezrael.6859)

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

Thread archived in .pdf format for further lulz.

https://mega.co.nz/#!7U4hGBBT!KIVJNlotxZMH3nZ5JzNM-9A_K0Wn6nK74FabXgyx2yo

Grab a copy before it gets deleted & I receive another infraction.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

idk guys, but sfr seems to be going down…

We’re on holidays this week. Or least over the weekend. In any event, I’m levelling a toon on my Gandara account this week (ele). Our commanders are having a rest/going tagless.

If they have trial accounts, can they have them join t3 servers to up their wvw numbers and exclude them from t1 entirely? We don’t need more walking lootbags (enough of them already) and certainly don’t want big queues aka start of seasons.

What we do want is some changes to wvw, points, rewards, maps, map rotations- but then we’ve asked for these for the last two years.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Perhaps someone from the community should compile another WvW promo video, including the jewels that have been removed from this thread along with other little incidents that happen on a daily basis. Release it at the same time Anet release theirs and see how much they differ.

Yeah, it can be a compilation of people fly hacking, people under the map using omegas to break open gates gates, thieves stealthing off walls, people draining structures of supply to build troll siege, people siege capping an area/map with said troll siege, people being rezed through gates, people in EotM telling WvWers to go back to WvW if they want to fight, and end it with the ANet Dev that trolled the GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Yeah, it can be a compilation of people fly hacking, people under the map using omegas to break open gates gates, thieves stealthing off walls, people draining structures of supply to build troll siege, people siege capping an area/map with said troll siege, people being rezed through gates, people in EotM telling WvWers to go back to WvW if they want to fight, and end it with the ANet Dev that trolled the GvG.

I’d watch it! Actually we should make our own WvW compilation vid with the things you listed and release it for Gamescom/PAX. Being a “People’s History of WvW” so to say.

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I’d watch it! Actually we should make our own WvW compilation vid with the things you listed and release it for Gamescom/PAX. Being a “People’s History of WvW” so to say.

LOL, pop it up on youtube with a title like “alternate gw2 pax promo” or something like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

LOL, pop it up on youtube with a title like “alternate gw2 pax promo” or something like that.

Call it “The REAL WvW” or “The WvW ArenaNet doesn’t want you to see”. Now THAT’s a call to arms I’m willing to support. Will probably get more views than the montage ArenaNet puts together. LOL

Do we have any among us willing to volunteer their time and effort to make this? Also, we’re going to have to move this over to the http://www.gw2wvw.net/ site or reddit because obviously this thread is likely to be deleted by tomorrow morning.

TO ARMS, FELLOW WvW-ers !!!

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: ketorin.5923

ketorin.5923

Warrior – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

I have some videos of people cheating. If u guys need it for your montage, just ask =D

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

What the kitten? How come we can’t build a siege golem tower?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Lorde Baldur.7269

Lorde Baldur.7269

WvW Reset 04/04/2014. Season 2 NA Gold League

Commander: Dgins -

Guild: Lunaticos.

Server: Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

So after all this time of :

• not caring about wvw
  • not fixing bugs (teleporting dolyaks because their animation can’t keep up with their positions and people not being able to move after building siege, people not being able to move untill they either relog or use “/dance”, losing stacks when (accidentally) going under water, etc…)
  • not fixing imbalances, not even fixing any class imbalances (like thief can stealth finish, but necro can’t finish while in DS)
  • no forum attention (the only post in wvw is about that we aren’t allowed to necro-post, while that is perfectly allowed for pvp forums).

You now want to advertise your unsupported game-mode using our videos? Why can you create 2weekly videos for Living World, but not 1 video every 2 years for wvw?

(edited by NathanH.1465)

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: MisterBang.3516

MisterBang.3516

anet are you okay?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Commander-Compendium-is-now-account-bound

Thank goodness your okay…
Now… back to screwing uplevels in WvW and your future commanders…
Lets hope we put enough barriers to go to WvW that nobody will show up…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-12-2014

in WvW

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Previous

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

Thanks everyone for sharing links to WvW videos with us. I’m locking this thread now as the submissions are now over! Have fun in the mists