Calling for a lagfree WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mitsuki.5892

Mitsuki.5892

I hear it again and again " My game lags" or " I have a disconnect"…
and that happens more often than months before.
So i decided to call on for a lagfree WvW-Game Play.

I am not well verserd in IT-things…so we all should give Anet some ideas to what we need.
Somekind of an Update of the databases..maybe…

Perhaps..you will have better ideas than me

But it cannot be the solution to use other programms (wtf, vnt) to have no lags anylonger.

So I will hope of your support and ideas
Cause when we say nothing there will be no change.

Yours
Mitsuki

P.S. I appologise for my bad english…:)

(edited by Mitsuki.5892)

in WvW

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

I had lags back then when I had a bad computer…since I got my new computer half year ago, I fully enjoy WvW without any lag. Could be your computer dude, just upgrade your hardeware.

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

in WvW

Posted by: mydas.4730

mydas.4730

I had lags back then when I had a bad computer…since I got my new computer half year ago, I fully enjoy WvW without any lag. Could be your computer dude, just upgrade your hardeware.

No clue but talking. Gnihihi

in WvW

Posted by: Mitsuki.5892

Mitsuki.5892

I heard it so often that it should be the computer..but all of the players of my server should have that problem with the wrong computer oder lan? i dont think so..please do not post something like that…that is not the appropiate of my post.

in WvW

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

so all of the players on your server got lag. Why don’t ppl on my server got lag than? That logic… Probably your server is crap? Gandara could need a dedicated nightshift!

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

in WvW

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

I heard it so often that it should be the computer..but all of the players of my server should have that problem with the wrong computer oder lan? i dont think so..please do not post something like that…that is not the appropiate of my post.

If you don’t think so i advise you to learn a bit about computers.

I don’t lag whatsoever either. But i built my own PC and changed my settings to accompany what the game was trying to do.

If you think that the games not going to lag at all with max settings and hundreds of players animations and effects on the screen though, you have another thing coming.

You just need to adjust your settings per your pc, or turn the character limit down

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

You can turn all the settings down, but it will only lighten the load on your PC.

It will seemingly lessen the problem, by eleminating personal system lag, bur doesn’t counter the main problem which is the make up of WvW fighting in the first place, the game is build for small scale encounters 5, 10, maybe 20 ppl fighting 5, 10 maybe 20 people, not for 3 map blobs fighting eachother as the 250+ (if not 300+) people involved cause lag, which is further aggrivated by people spamming 1 and other skills as the server cannot accept and send info on so many users at 1 time, leaving lag spikes for people and skill lags which will always lead to dc’s, skills not triggering or cancelled by own actions due to the fact they are still proccing/channeled on server. You can use the zerg to great effect to destory smaller groups, this by destroying the small groups game play due to causing excess lag. Of course this is also subject to connection speeds, performance of PC’s and server status…

This problem is already causing changes in the fact some servers are leaving the map blob system and a re switching to smaller (guild or roaming) parties for ultra fast PPT capping. The Map blob is the main reason for problems. Not WvW itself, the map is ok, so are the mechanics. The blob is the poison of WvW. It kills fun for many through DC’s and the inability to play as they want, poisons gameplay through unfair advantage not caused by player skill but enforcing lags and makes servers slow and laggy so the few with a prime connection can have some advantage and harvest slower users. I got an upgrade recently on my connection from 90(down)/9(up) to 120/12 and noticed lag spikes were almost gone. Still I got a clean DC afte 1hr 45min of play….

I’m using the conection with my family of course, we have 2 mobile phones , 2 tablets, 2 computers a printer all online at most times….. when the family is at home…. tablet and phones tend to cause more lag depending on how many are used at the same time (still on single band 2.4 and single band 5 here, 1 phone dedicated on 5) PC’s on LAN.

playing max settings highest/highest, 50+ FPS on 3840*2400 while OOC, 24-30+ in GvG, ~12-16 in zerg vs zerg/blob vs blob which are the exact values for 1920*1200… coincedence no? It is not my hardware slowing me down, on 3840*2400 I have a higher GPU load, but processor stays the same at 30-40% use (being 3 to 4 threads) 2 gtx 780’s SLi on Pcie 16x v3.0 at 16x (both) for video, i7 3930K (hexcore) @ 3.8Ghz

My dc last was when 2 (other) guilds attacked an enemy map blob, all people in my guild reported lags, rubberbanding and inability to use skills, while just moving past.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

in WvW

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Lag is caused by 3 things usually

1. Your Pc can’t handle whats going on
2. Your internet speed is too slow
3. The games Servers are acting up

suffice to say most lag.. like 85-95% of it is because of your computer or your internet speed…

in that case it has nothing to do with Anet nor could they fix it if they wanted to
best advice is to invest in a better Pc or a better internet connection depending on which one is causing the most trouble

in WvW

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

Lag is caused by 3 things usually

1. Your Pc can’t handle whats going on
2. Your internet speed is too slow
3. The games Servers are acting up

suffice to say most lag.. like 85-95% of it is because of your computer or your internet speed…

in that case it has nothing to do with Anet nor could they fix it if they wanted to
best advice is to invest in a better Pc or a better internet connection depending on which one is causing the most trouble

Yep. People want to think their 200$ computer on a 1mb connection can run everything they can throw at it, and when stuff doesn’t work its much easier to blame it on servers, or something that’s not their fault.

But its funny that my gaming pc i built has 0 issues right? i must be “lucky”(lol jk)
The game is meant to run in those smaller instances well, not those large environments. Event for a high grade pc it’s too much to process.

the best thing i have found in zergs or world bosses is to just turn down the char limit(which lets you keep max settings) or if you want to see everyone for some reason, turning down the settings

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Problem wouldbe easy if my pc would be 200 instead of 2500+ and if I was the ONLY person suffering this problem, but if my whole guild complains…. well…. It is probably not our side, most are experienced wvw players (silver +) and general consensus is the dc’s are getting more frequent and the lag is more prevalent. It seems server cannot keep up…

We have been wondering if allowed latency has been adjusted… and what things interfere so much…

I would really want to see an official post regarding this. I wouldn’t even mind if people limit would be shrunk down to compensate…..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I call for lag free internet! When we get that is when you get lag free “any game.”

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Xupok Moonheart.9412

Xupok Moonheart.9412

I’ve heard it all, 9ms response times, latest pc specs incl. ssd, gfx, fibre connection.. wvw lags, not all day everyday, but definitely certain days, for many in my guild (EU servers), and all at around-about the same time, for a few hours. I peg it on Anet straight. End of discussion.

[Gamers Repulic of South Africa]

in WvW

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

The guys saying it is “because you have a bad internet/computer”, need to read this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Latency-Lag-for-EU-Players-merged/first

9 Guardians later…

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The guys saying it is “because you have a bad internet/computer”, need to read this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Latency-Lag-for-EU-Players-merged/first

Which is a rather ironic thread to post though, seeing as the thing that thread does is more or less prove the whole “bad internet” (in this case suppliers) part.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Zaruna.3812

Zaruna.3812

People still confuse net lag with fsp issues?

Arenanet servers aren’t able to keep up in WvW, the player from Gandara saying he doesn’t lag? I’ve played there for years and see tons of people complain about it.

When i’m on wtfast connecting to a german server I reach about 13-15 stable MS, but even on that I get skilldelays and see people rubberband, is that my net? is that an routing issue from my country to Germany? Ofcourse not, if so wtfast would see the delay and lag aswell. Anet like’s the blame it on our ISP, goodluck doing that when I don’t get dissconnected on games located in NA. The only online game i’ve ever had so many dissconnects on and lag is guildwars 2.

Also in the time i’ve played Guildwars 2, i’ve had router upgrades, modem upgrades, provider has upgraded their speed, but all in all the issues remain. If you’re active on TS while you’re in big WvW fights you’ll hear everyone at the same time complain about the lag, although everyones country/location is different? It can’t be blamed on the players, the amount of players having this issue is just way to high on Guildwars2 compared to any other online game out there.

Also keep in mind that I haven’t lagged once while doing PvE on GW2. If it were to be my net giving these issues i’d have the same problem there.

(edited by Zaruna.3812)

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Skill lag is Anets problem. When 3 zergs are fighting, and everybody’s skills take 10s to work, it’s not an player-sided problem.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Been playing since about 6months after launch. Played WvW primarily and have been involved in massive 40vs40vs40 man zergs fighting over SM. My computer lags down durring these three ways. Although “lag” is a bad term. My framerates drop off.

I’ve had my skills respond a full second after activating when I was solo fighting a sentry with nobody else around but please continue to say “it’s your computer”.

I’ve had my game crash durring the Karka Queen as a result of too much going on. This then gives me I kind of GW error report window. I’ve had, while simply running across a WvW map solo, the game cut out and get a ‘lost connection’ message but please tell me that the second scenario is still ‘my computer’.

My network connection icon will display a ‘caution’ icon when I’m connected to my modem but the modem is not connected to the internet. This icon doesn’t show but please tell me It’s my computer.

I run two seperate speed tests which show my connectivity to two seperate hubs and show my full 40mb/s speeds. This is done on my other monitor while the game is still running while the game is having lag issues. I’d love to hear how it’s just my computer.

How about when this lag occurs durring guild ops, everyone seems to share varying degrees of lag (so anywhere from 5 to 15 of us all sharing lag issues). That must be my computer too.

Or maybe some of us know the difference between a lagging computer, connectivity issues between the computer and ISP, connectivity issues between the ISP and game server, and lagging servers.

There has been a definite increase in server lag recently.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

LOL

People still don’t know the difference between framerate drops and latency.

ANet servers can’t handle updating new patch files and having live WvW battles at the same time. Every time an update is about to hit (as well as a few days after), the servers go to absolute crap.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

@ OP, have you tried WTFast ? https://www.wtfast.com/

It works ( for some , it makes alot of a difference ) IF you stay outside of america. It also has a free trial.

Also ensure your ISP is not throttling your usage.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

anet did responded to this problem few weeks ago on interview…please, browse a bit before making such posts…it’s so dissrispectfull..

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

LOL

People still don’t know the difference between framerate drops and latency.

ANet servers can’t handle updating new patch files and having live WvW battles at the same time. Every time an update is about to hit (as well as a few days after), the servers go to absolute crap.

Interesting you make this statement, when the servers that do the updates are the log in servers, which operate separate from the game servers.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Which is a rather ironic thread to post though, seeing as the thing that thread does is more or less prove the whole “bad internet” (in this case suppliers) part.

Please rephrase that

9 Guardians later…

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I am not well verserd in IT-things…so we all should give Anet some ideas to what we need.

Hey guys, I think flights should definitely not take as long as they do and they should also be half the price they are now.

I don’t know anything about plains or aeronautics, but maybe if they use white wheels instead of black ones? or maybe if they put wind turbines on the runway to speed up the plans as they take off?

surely this is something that a few random internet people with zero training can figure out in an hour, right?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

Hey guys, I think flights should definitely not take as long as they do and they should also be half the price they are now.

I don’t know anything about plains or aeronautics, but maybe if they use white wheels instead of black ones? or maybe if they put wind turbines on the runway to speed up the plans as they take off?

surely this is something that a few random internet people with zero training can figure out in an hour, right?

Hah!

Yeah, I had to reread what they wrote a few times. Just made me shake my head.

The ego is real.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

in WvW

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Their lag reduction has come so far I have a hard time complaining… Wasnt so long ago the complete enemy zerg didnt even show up because it could only render so many… stealth peeps got an extra few seconds stealth because they just wouldnt re-render after stealth wore off.

I still get skill lag from time to time but its rare enough its forgiveable.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry