Camp War 2

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Iblon.3582

Iblon.3582

Camp are to easy to be capped and recapped , they really need 20-30 minutes of TOTAL immunity after you conquer them.
Actually it seems like servers prefer to exchange camp each other instead of trying to engage enemy in open world fights or tower/keep siege.

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I hate the 3 min supervisor buff as it is. 20-30 minutes of that buff would make WvW worse than when we had orbs. No thank you!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Mysticforce.5096

Mysticforce.5096

You could just, you know, actually defend camps. The invulnerability buff is there not to prevent capture, but to buy time for you to go defend it.

Tarnished Coast
Orisletum [TFH] – 80 Necromancer
Oriscalamitas [TFH] – 80 Engineer

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

You could just, you know, actually defend camps. The invulnerability buff is there not to prevent capture, but to buy time for you to go defend it.

That’s just crazy talk!

There is more benefits to running around in circles taking camps there there is for defending camps. If defense gave as much rewards as offense then more people might do it. It is also very hard to defend camps from a zerg, since the NPCs generally die pretty quickly.

That being said, the OP is wrong. There does not need to be that long of a buff on the NPCs in the camps. People just need to be take some responsibility for keeping the enemies out of their stuff.

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Thorvald.5432

Thorvald.5432

with that lack of guild message when your claimed point get attacked, it is hard to defend.
I personally find those way too easy to capture event with max upgrade.

It should take a longer in order to let the defense time to react.
Right now we see exchange because, capture take less than 1 minute so no time for confrontation

Invaders [Inv] – Vizunah Square

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Khyron.8735

Khyron.8735

It doesn’t matter how long the buff lasts, you can still kill the supervisor with condition damage alone.

Ad majorem gloriam! Ad infinitum!

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

What a horrible idea.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

my social casual pvx guild has no problems defending camps.

idk though, we wvw for the pvp mainly. maybe you are there for some other reason?

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

so OP you want an single zerg of 50 ppls to cap an entire map
no thank you
you don’t want to defend camps, scout the area / simple

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Camp War 2

in WvW

Iblon.3582

You can’t be everywere at the same time , most people move fast around camp all the day without engaging a single enemy. So do you prefer just farm karma point instead of get some nice fight? Really don’t understand you guys.

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

Sure you can. Instead of going around as a blob of 100, split up into 5 20-man groups, assign 2-3 to defense and 2-3 to attack, problem solved.

[CIR]
Blacktide

Camp War 2

in WvW

Iblon.3582

Sure you can. Instead of going around as a blob of 100, split up into 5 20-man groups, assign 2-3 to defense and 2-3 to attack, problem solved.

This suppose to have 100 diligent players or a 100 members guild on every maps … cmon let’s talk about reality pls. The reality is that actually few people can block all the end game upgrade process for all the day , and the reality is that no one seems to prefer a good fight instead of camp capping exchange!

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Bierbauch.3067

Bierbauch.3067

VS (top server in EU this week) has been very good at timing their camp captures to get their top score. Quite honestly it was annoying when you are on the defender side (like me in that case) but the current system adds alot of meta gameplay to time your camp captures (or point captures as a whole).

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

Here is an idea maybe they should be like actual camps with small walls and a doors maybe half the strength of a normal tower door. I agree that a supply camp should be harder to take as they are very important part and there is no way anyone can get there before its capped again unless they are right there. Maybe start the camp out with the way they are and the upgrades adds walls and a door that at max strength is about half the strength of a normal tower door.

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

While I do not agree with OP completely, I do think you should be able to upgrade the camp to give the guild supervisor a 3 min buff once it’s attacked. That way you’d at least have time to run there to defend instead of having to sit at a camp and wait.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

The only issue I really have with supply camps is the upgrade system on them. For instance, if you raise the level of the guards, the guards level increases to 83(heck even the caravan guards), however the Supervisor remains 80, making the overall upgrade essentially useless aside from the NPC camp attacks. Sure it may help prevent a small (really small) or low level group from capping the camp, but otherwise it is just a cash sink for the sake of being a cash sink.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

The supply camps are easy targets for a reason. The same reason caravans and sentries are even easier targets.

If a supply route is important, then guard it. Do not expect the NPCs do all the playing for you.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Blackrain.5760

Blackrain.5760

The only thing they need to fix for camps is where it is possible for one person to solo camps without npc help.

I have actually seen thieves solo camps before, even fully upgraded camps have been soloed.

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Asking the NPC to do the playing for you and being completely useless to anything over a 4 player group are two very different things. As it stands, a well played group of a few players can easily, very easily, take a supply camp. I regularly take unguarded supply camps solo, I do not think that this is the intention of the game, but I do it due to the fact that it is extremely easy and there is no deterrent, even when they are fully upgraded, the NPC AI is bad enough that you can pull the supervisor out and kill the additional guards at your leisure or pull them outside the circle while capping as long as no one comes along.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

Camp War 2

in WvW

Iblon.3582

Asking the NPC to do the playing for you and being completely useless to anything over a 4 player group are two very different things. As it stands, a well played group of a few players can easily, very easily, take a supply camp. I regularly take unguarded supply camps solo, I do not think that this is the intention of the game, but I do it due to the fact that it is extremely easy and there is no deterrent, even when they are fully upgraded, the NPC AI is bad enough that you can pull the supervisor out and kill the additional guards at your leisure or pull them outside the circle while capping as long as no one comes along.

My post is not asking NPC to play for me , and i’m not talking about any upgrade or fortification. Small object are fine , they give a good opportunity to small group. What i’m asking is a 20-30 minutes of break between the capping and recapping , because my impression is that players are doing KARMA EXCHANGE instead of playing wvw as it should be played , no one defend camps after they get conquered allowing enemey a fast capping so that another recapping can start as soon as possible. This is not the wvw i like to see.

Camp War 2

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

A supply camp can be soloed. Been there, done that. I cannot solo an upgraded camp, though. But as you said better players like thieves can.

The key decisive factor is whether there are enemy players defending it. If the supply camp is important for your team, surely you can send 2 guys from your zerg to guard it.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire