Can logged out players hold capture points?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

To be honest, I haven’t checked lately to see if this is still a problem (and I’m unable to do so as I write this), but do party members who log out while still in WvW still show as being in the game? It used to be that you could still see their dots on the mini-map even if they were no longer logged in as long as they didn’t leave a WvW map or drop party before quitting the game. Supposedly that lasted for as much as 30 minutes and the suspicion always was that it contributed to errors in how ANet tracked map populations for queues.

So if it still hasn’t been fixed, that might mean that players on the server with the bloodlust buff could just go to one of the captured points before logging out to help sustain the buff. Maybe I just missed it, but I don’t remember any mention of this being fixed, either in the forums or in patch notes.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Dots yes, actually counted as ‘in-game’ no.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I’m curious. Where did you see that confirmed? There was a LOT of forum discussion about this a few months ago and to my knowledge ANet never responded to it at all.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I’m curious. Where did you see that confirmed? There was a LOT of forum discussion about this a few months ago and to my knowledge ANet never responded to it at all.

Not confirmed but guildies have logged out in supply camps and if they counted as in-game they couldn’t be flipped, but they do. So yeah… feel free to test though.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Not confirmed but guildies have logged out in supply camps and if they counted as in-game they couldn’t be flipped, but they do. So yeah… feel free to test though.

That wouldn’t convince me that they don’t count as being in game (i.e., for population purposes) but I agree that if they don’t prevent a camp from being flipped they probably wouldn’t contribute to holding a capture point for bloodlust.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]