Can or will anything be done?

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

I’ve been on Darkhaven since Anet started charging to transfer servers. I’ve seen a lot of changes that contributed to the eventual death of the server. Yes I will be as bold as to say death because at the highest estimate, after talking to many people, I can only come up with about 15-20 names who play regularly(excluding EOTM, and reset night). The running ‘joke’, usually before a guild transfers off DH, is that Anet hates DH.

Pairings have not worked out well because 2 servers often have different ideas as to what they like to do, and where. There are also personality conflicts…after all, these people are former enemies, and there are different “general rules of conduct & maturity levels” on each.

For instance, our current pairing prefers to focus on EB and SM, leaving handfuls of us to play in our own bl and try to defend against blobs of 20+. They usually help when called, but, it is often too late, because the other servers have bigger blobs. Previous matchups left DH with servers refusing to play with them because of personality conflicts and unresolved grudges.

WVW has gone consistently downhill(on some servers) since the mega-servers were created. It was great for pve, but, a death knell for some in wvw. We were left with the inability to communicate as a server, and server pride quickly became a thing of the past. The ability to transfer easily, and often to winning servers put the nail in the coffin. There is no reason to be dedicated to a single server if you can just go win somewhere else.

IMHO, wvw needs to be completely redone. I doubt that even guild alliances could fix it at this point because so many on some servers have left. Who wants to be paired with a tiny guild that once was huge….and what close knit guild(or server) wants to be told what to do by another?

Awhile ago, there was a topic about what could be done, yet, I’ve seen no update about what will be done. People are starting to quit the game entirely….so, I’m asking..

Is there anything we can look forward to? Is there going to be an overhaul? Any suggestions?

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Anet does not hate any server – they just don’t give two poops about them.

The unbalanced population, unbalanced classes as well as the perceived (and actual) avoidance of working on the game mode is continuing to erode wvw of players.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Anet does not hate any server – they just don’t give two poops about them.

The unbalanced population, unbalanced classes as well as the perceived (and actual) avoidance of working on the game mode is continuing to erode wvw of players.

Probably the best point. The entire game seems to be suffering in all aspects, even gold spoon pve and silver spoon pvp. It’s like they just gave up or are putting all bets in on this future xpac they are working on while burning the bridge with players. I mean who would seriously trust these guys for future game purchases based on what we are witnessing now?

in WvW

Posted by: Mone Abrahms.9718

Mone Abrahms.9718

Have been on DH since the beginning. Doll is right that there used to be pride for your server, and that early there were many grudges that developed. Now DH is teamed with DR and CD and we have no idea if this will ever change. Guilds and people and leaving in droves….either to other servers or quitting the game if WvW was their main reason for playing. In a competitive mode, people can only take losing for so long.

The idea of rotating teams, so that the smaller servers could play up when teamed with bigger servers was an idea I liked. Being locked in and seemingly going to always lose is not. I played GW1 for 7 years and now GW2 for 4…..their new PvE content and same old seasonal events are not going to keep me for much longer if they don’t do something for the one final portion of the game I want to enjoy.

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

Nothing CAN be done by Anet. It’s up to the people on Darkhave nto size up and consolidate and try to grow up again, either by recruiting old veterans up or enticing people to stay in the server, whether by forming ‘server-based’ guilds are won’t xfer off or by making the community engaging and fun

From what you’re saying, a lot of Darkhaven’s community issues seem to be caused from within, not without. There is absolutely nothing ANet can do about that. Plus, Darkhaven only reached Tier 4/5 before the relinkings, compared to other servers that died off completely. I agree DH seems to have gotten the short end of the stick in regards to linkings, but so have other servers.

It seems to me that you guys never really had a large enough community that was stable enough to survive through the ups and downs. Just… individuals.

(also why is it ONLY Darkhaven that seems to come here to talk about their server’s death and how Anet hates it? No offense, just curious. I don’t see this stuff from other servers.)

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The only server I dread getting linked to is DH because they are non-existent at night.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You know WvW is just sPvP on a macro scale. Oh we lost mid 3v4 1m into the match now I’m gonna AFK the rest of the round cause you all suck and its your fault we will loose this.

The answer is no. Nothing can be done. Anet cant fix players. All you can do is keep fighting until you cant fight anymore. Everyone gonna stop sooner or later.

in WvW

Doll Mistress.9267

In a competitive mode, people can only take losing for so long.

My point exactly!

When you have people that MAINLY or ONLY did WVW now mapping for the first time in 4 years, something is definitely WRONG! When you have the persons who normally defended and sieged our home BL for 4 years now playing other games primarily...something is definitely wrong!

As for it being the fault of the server...people tend to want to go where they have some chance to win....and have tried to take the DH loyalists with them in most instances, but, there are a few holdouts who are still too stubborn to leave. Most guilds are not server loyal anymore and have not been for a long while. I can’t blame them....who wants to lose all the time when you can get paid to go to a winning server? Why would they stay? Where’s the incentive?

Namer, most of the people who originally complained have already left. The biggest migration off the server came when we were paired in a couple of impossible matchup because of Anet’s faulty population logic. How they thought DH could fight 7 other servers with only a small server helping it is beyond me.

(edited by Doll Mistress.9267)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The only server I dread getting linked to is DH because they are non-existent at night.

Just start winning and they will all show up… NSPPT did it and it took them all the way to T2 in the past link. We don’t call it FairweatherHaven for nothing.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Doll Mistress.9267

Just start winning and they will all show up… NSPPT did it and it took them all the way to T2 in the past link. We don’t call it FairweatherHaven for nothing.

You’re not wrong…but…it’s rather impossible as-is. :/