Can't WvW with medium armors

in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

So I main thief/engineers/rangers.

Man, the majoirty of commanders just kick medium armors. That’s it. I believe Anet did not want to implement hidden tags, for they want everyone to be a part of the game. The medium armors are now getting excluded from WvW.

What is Anet’s stance on this?

(edited by Ryudnard.2587)

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

Lol…yet another one.

in WvW

Posted by: Zhuul.1759

Zhuul.1759

Buy Gems with Dollars
Buy Gold with Gems
Craft Heavy Armor for Guard or Rev

G. Gray

Yes we can Great again

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Medium armours are still very good at roaming (means to take camps and other places that doesn’t require an army) because they excel at small combat pvp. They are still very useful to the server.

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Woohoo another one of these threads.

I’ll just quote myself from a similar thread…

These classes/builds are as follows for PARTIES within a squad:

1. Guard (commander)
2. AH Guard (stab 2)
3. Mallyx Rev/Healbot Rev etc
4. Aurashare Tempest/healbot etc
5. Necro (traditional wells, condi, boon corrupts)
6. Mesmer (veils, portals, boonshare)

I would argue Warrior could be in there especially for Battle Standard Elite skill but they are quite uncommon/considered oldschool and/or used in organised GvG.
Then you have Thieves, Rangers and Engineers which are great at 1v1, SMALL scale fights, great gank squads/commander focus yet that kind of focus is frowned upon.
Venomshare Thief could be a thing but once again due to pirate ship meta it was extremely frowned upon/cheesy. Healer Druid was/is a thing in some ORGANISED guild fights and power Engineer is all that I know of for frontline hammer offense. You don’t see them and commanders don’t often welcome these classes because others fit the role better.

Want a healer? Tempest/Ventari rev is more reliable. AoE DPS? Hammer Rev/Necro/Guardian. Ranger’s LB #5 is literally nothing compared to a DH’s babygates which at least provide crowd control.

Until ANet makes new elite specs or revitalizes some old skills to cater towards group/support role play in WvW Thieves/Rangers/Engineers will more often than not be kicked from squads when nearing full to make room for other classes who simply do the job ten fold better.

Hope this makes sense.

TLDR: roll guardian and everyone will love you forever.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If you cant WvW on a medium armor class – whether it be in a zerg or otherwise – that only mean one thing. You are a mindless meta zerger. And thats fine. Its ok. Zerging is fun too. Not everyone have to consider tactics or independant fighting techniques.

When you know how to actually use your medium class and how to move around your zerg, it become a powerhouse in terms of flanking manouvers. Thieves are very fast and can pummel strays, engineers are durable brawlers and rangers can support both. All three got tons of stealth to move in and around the backline.

When your main commander squad approach 50 peeps, simply leave and tag up yourself. Only thieves, engineers and rangers on self sustain builds welcome. You dont have to command, but the ability to set a common target in the back and have a sizeable force converge on it can be quite distracting to a zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Peterson.8345

Peterson.8345

thief is not very good for zerging…

but engi and druid… with those two you don’t need to be in squad at all

my friends play them and oh my god they are unstoppable… the druid with good build is basically immortal and pumps so much healing its ridiculous…

same applies to engi, pretty much impossible to kill with great utilities – e.g. condi cleansing with elixirs etc

medium classes are not a priority for zerg, cuz for zerg to work u need 5ppl in party which all support each other – like guards, revs, eles…

when you play medium classes don’t need no support, you can take care of youself no problem, you don’t need to be in zerg/party

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

you can get max participation from just roaming around really easily and medium armored thief if the number 1 roaming class. You dont need to be in a zerg to get max pip acquisition.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Every class is good at certain things. The things medium armor classes aren’t just that good for large scale, what can you do?

Thieves are obviously a very selfish class and clearly better at ganks and havoc. You could get a druid as a healer, I don’t see the problem with that honestly, and you could argue that Engi is a very good AoE class. I don’t know it well enough to know it’s capabilities though

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in WvW

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Thief actually are the most common enemies i have encountered since patched and no matter roaming or squading. Even squad vs squad fight they are widely seen teasing our squadees, isolate and assassinate our members, getting in and out like air.

For sure they are more demanding on personal skill, it is a undeniable fact but they are exceed viable when used right. I also play druid in wvw and i seriously never felt the same way OP felt.

(edited by Crossaber.8934)

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Zerging in a squad is only a part of WvW. Go roam if you want to play that profession in a group. Otherwise, follow the tag anyway, they can’t stop you from running around with them.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

So I main thief/engineers/rangers.

Man, the majoirty of commanders just kick medium armors. That’s it. I believe Anet did not want to implement hidden tags, for they want everyone to be a part of the game. The medium armors are now getting excluded from WvW.

What is Anet’s stance on this?

You should report this as a bug if Medium armor classes are being prevented from leaving spawn.

in WvW

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

If a pug commander is flat out kicking you for playing on medium armor you must be on a t1 server and you got yourself to blame for that, otherwise don’t expect to be placed in a good party if you are on a thief

Anet doesn’t say anything about it, right now the meta is really on boon sharing and condi cleansing your team mates, engi, thief and ranger don’t provide such or can’t provide has much compared to other classes

If you have been playing the game for a long time you would know that thief and ranger were never wanted in WvW since the dawn of time

We’re out of chicken

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Hey guys, this is a good thing, the more pvers complain about it, maybe anet will finally start doing something about it! However, for now, it is what it is, you can only blame anet as they designed it this way.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Hey guys, this is a good thing, the more pvers complain about it, maybe anet will finally start doing something about it! However, for now, it is what it is, you can only blame anet as they designed it this way.

No you cant. Blame players.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Why doesn’t anyone ever think to tag up themselves and lead an army of med armor people behind the main tag?

I play a heavy class primarily, because that’s what I like to do. But nothing stopping you from following a commander with your own tag up.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Acro/Trick/DD, take all survival traits and dodge, 55111115 into enemy, dodge back, dodge back, heal, repeat. Failing that, you can 2424 with shortbow.

Arrive, collect bags, leave. Haters gonna hate.

Being in a squad is for 3 things:
Target selection, which you can duplicate with your own parties, and probably safer too.
Boon share for [i]frontline[/b]
Shared Partcipation for Scouts

There are some marginal things like broadcasts, but a bit overstated to say the least.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Acro/Trick/DD, take all survival traits and dodge, 55111115 into enemy, dodge back, dodge back, heal, repeat. Failing that, you can 2424 with shortbow.

That was beautiful. Throw a staff 3 in there someplace though, at least make it look like we’re working.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Jojo.8973

Jojo.8973

I’ve never been kicked from a squad as my dank heals druid. I mainly roam, but when I decide I wanna follow a commander, I don’t even try to join them, I just follow and they usually end up adding me to the squad even though I’m not in TS.

AHHHHH!!! THEY’VE TAKEN MY LEFT NIPPLE TIT!!!!

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

That was beautiful. Throw a staff 3 in there someplace though, at least make it look like we’re working.

But then I’d have to learn what my skills actually do! I can’t expect that from other people. For the first month of playing Rev, I had Hammer and Staff. I knew 1 was AA, 2 hurts people, and 3/5 really hurt people. I didn’t know what to do with staff. And you’re supposed to press the faceroll err…. I mean resistance button. Now I… wait, not much has changed. Staff 4 is cool though.

Well, I guess nobody has to know all that.

Although in all seriousness, I do forget skills on characters I “main” so that may just be me. I’ve gotten mileage out of every class except Ranger and Warrior, though it’s more like I don’t like the style of those classes.

And thanks for the note.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

I run a Thief with no issues. You have to know your role and what to do. P/P with staff and power build I have no issues in any game mode of WvW. I prefer to run Necro zerging but with current queue depths just no chance unless I am off peak time on switching and hoping to get back in.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

As a tip for all non-frontline and especially non-meta (almost synonymous at this point in time), most commanders do not take them into consideration, so even when they yell poosshy pooshy poooshy, it is not wise for you to run through red circles, especially those tailing eat all the damage. However, if they do make a full push, you must meet them at their regroup or otherwise you will get run over, so you need to burn a survival or a teleport and go through the sides to reach them. Even if you make it there barely alive, the group heals will get you back up. Thieves and sometimes Druids can have the luxury of breaking combat to make this happen.

Mapping a key to “look back” helps a lot too. If you are being tailed by a crowd, dodge off to the side if you’re not a DD. You will not escape by running straightforward. Chances are if a few of them leap + pull you, it’s all over.

So druids have their staff 3, thieves have their dodges and shortbow, and scrappers… uhh, well you’re better off following the crowd on a scrapper. Pop that superspeed if you have any.

And for the Love of your personal deity, pack your own condi clears.