Can the devs please give us an update?

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

It feels like it been ages since we’ve heard anything geared towards WvW. The season was just put in place as a filler for the months between the end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2. Eotm was back in february but only as an overflow map, not any content or update that sought to address some of the recurring problems in WvW.

Right now, being a WvW player feels like being a second class citizen, it always has. We don’t really hear from Devon anymore, I’d like to think him and the rest of the team are cooking up some cool content/features to implement in WvW that we’d see here in the upcoming months.

Even if its not a content preview, the WvW community deserves to have some update given.

in WvW

Posted by: Biggusbiggus.5789

Biggusbiggus.5789

I think that there are so many questions that need answering, that many people have given up the hope of responses. The community, in general, is becoming ever more cynical, and the number of feline related comments seems to be increasing.
I think we’d all like to see some more responses. Even some random chatter would help to alleviate some of the feelings of neglect.

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

What devs?

WvW never had any.

In close to 2 years:

1. - Removed Orbs (Habib?)
  2. - Made WvW ranks (Devon?)
  3. - Borderland Bloodlust (an unwanted reincarnation of #1) (Devon)
  4. - PvE Farming map AKA Edge of the Mists (Living Story Team)

In almost 2 years only one “big” project has been under taken, and it was a project that has nothing to do with WvW, and the Living Story team made it.

This points to one simple truth.

WvW never had any devs. And it never will.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

IMO this game has ran its course. Sure there will always be a player-base, hell people still play Gw1….But TBH, differing opinions amongst the players coupled with a fundamental lack of understanding of “what to do” with WvW from the devs, has left this game on life support with little brain function.

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Some more proof the devs are ignoring certain parts of their community. Start at 38:48. GvG is a beautiful thing that has evolved in WvW over the course of guild wars 2 and the devs put not effort into it.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Don’t worry. I’m sure at some point we will get an update that includes some new lame mastery skill.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Y’all need to stop necro’ing old red posts. With the already-limited attention WvW gets, the last thing we need is a dev glancing at the front page of WvW forum for 5 seconds and mistakenly thinking, “Yup. Looks like we’ve fulfilled our quota of red here. That oughta shut those kids up for a while.” and then mouse-clicking their escape skills off into the sunset, never to be seen or heard from again.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Everyone thinks it is so simple to create and balance a game. People have put forth ideas, in these forums, that some of the player base would like and others wouldn’t.

Anet built the game mode the way they wanted to, based off of what was already on the market. Even ESO based their pvp off of GW2 and DAoC, and it has the same scoring mechanic everyone complains about here (PPT). It has zergs, etc, etc.

Look, it would be nice to get something new, but it isn’t easy to mess with a competitive game mode like WvW. People are already fanatical about it, just think about the fact that the majority of people who play WvW, are not in these forums complaining, and generally enjoy the game mode. Why would Anet want to kitten off the non-vocal majority, for the few vocal minority?

in WvW

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

@ OP
No.
People have been begging for communication for ages.

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

Everyone thinks it is so simple to create and balance a game. People have put forth ideas, in these forums, that some of the player base would like and others wouldn’t.

Anet built the game mode the way they wanted to, based off of what was already on the market. Even ESO based their pvp off of GW2 and DAoC, and it has the same scoring mechanic everyone complains about here (PPT). It has zergs, etc, etc.

Look, it would be nice to get something new, but it isn’t easy to mess with a competitive game mode like WvW. People are already fanatical about it, just think about the fact that the majority of people who play WvW, are not in these forums complaining, and generally enjoy the game mode. Why would Anet want to kitten off the non-vocal majority, for the few vocal minority?

I am not so certain there is a non vocal majority here. About 90% of the people I knew that really enjoyed WvW quit the game for various reasons. I actually feel like there is far better retention among players that step in once in awhile, or do it on the side.

Edit: 90% may be a bit high, but I am talking about the people I knew that played GW2 only for WvW. Most of the ones I knew stopped playing, including all my old theorycrafting buddies, every one of my old favorite commanders, and most of my old guildies.

Hyade and his flamethrower

(edited by BAITness.1083)

in WvW

Posted by: Ovol.7302

Ovol.7302

I am not so certain there is a non vocal majority here. About 90% of the people I knew that really enjoyed WvW quit the game for various reasons. I actually feel like there is far better retention among players that step in once in awhile, or do it on the side.

Edit: 90% may be a bit high, but I am talking about the people I knew that played GW2 only for WvW. Most of the ones I knew stopped playing, including all my old theorycrafting buddies, every one of my old favorite commanders, and most of my old guildies.

While I really hope the non vocal minority wants changes, your friends are not a very large sample set. Unless you have 1000+ friends that voiced their opinions to you. So it is a little hard to compare what “everyone” wants. I do agree that a little feedback from the devs would be nice…..what was I thinking, I only get feedback on wvw in my dreams.

Cuppcakez[FcTR]: 80 Elementalist
Livin’ the Mag life since day one