Can we add a wvw option for pips?

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

I was wondering if an option can be added to allow you to accelerate your pip timer for the rewards. An example : You’re in wvw and you’re going to be getting offline, but you are trying to wait out the timer and rewards to decay/expire 1st. The new option would be to talk to a wvw merchant and they can accelerate it so you get your rewards, but you can’t come back into wvw until the time would have passed that it fast forwarded for. This will stop people from afking to get their rewards at the end and causing people to wait in queues until they leave. It was hard to word this, but I hope I got the idea across.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Wait for the flock of angels to tell you naah they should be kicked because rewards are bad.
And then these same people do it in game.

I think the decay should just continue to work and pip till the end in pve maps as well. So that they can just afk in LA.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

That would defeat the purpose of getting pips every 5mins. Also, their is a ~10min delay before your progression starts to decay. You can afk, go to the bathroom or go eat dinner and come back without losing much progress. Accelerating to pip timer would enable you to use it before you log to get extra rewards for being offline. That the main way it would be used like placing a buy order for pips.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I think this is an ok idea provided you’ve actually been online for a while. As in, you can’t cash out for as many pips if you played 5 minutes versus playing an hour. It doesn’t hurt anyone in game and releases the pressure to do something that can potentially hurt people trying to play the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Just go to obsidian sanctum – although the participation display isn’t available while on the OS map it continues to decay as normal and you still receive rewards and pips while participation lasts.
I discovered this when I went to do the JP guild mission at the end of a WvW session.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Just go to obsidian sanctum – although the participation display isn’t available while on the OS map it continues to decay as normal and you still receive rewards and pips while participation lasts.
I discovered this when I went to do the JP guild mission at the end of a WvW session.

That doesn’t really solve anything.
Having to sit around afk’ing to get the last of your pips before logging off is the problem the op is trying to solve, which map he does it in has nothing to do with it.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

An alternative is to not have the participation decay when your not in WvW or offline. That way you can logoff or go back to PvE without feeling like your giving up something you have earned.

I would prefer to be able to ‘cash out’ rather than going AFK while it degrades, but I feel I have earned that participation so yes, I am going to take up a queue spot while it decays. (My server is only tier 4 so queues are only a problem on reset night.)

in WvW

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

This is a great idea because afk people who keep just enough participation to gain pips artificially inflates the population algorithm when they are not really playing the game.