and does anet can let ppl in OS map also can countdown Reward Tracks
(but can’t get anyone more Participation

let ppl can afk on there, not afk on a full map

Attachments:

Can we have more ppl in wvw map?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

No. If T1 players don’t like queues, they can go to EotM. That’s what it was designed for.

GW2Wiki

Edge of the Mists provides instant access to competitive play, and can be enjoyed while you’re waiting for a Mist War map.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Full map? I don’t know what you talking about… I can go whatever map I want most of the time.

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Haythere.7513

Haythere.7513

For BG Players, that symbol above means outnumbered. I know you’ve never seen that but that is what it is for your information.

in WvW

Posted by: Caius.8094

Caius.8094

LOL haythere.. good post… i liked the BG comment too.

I still don’t know why they just don’t make the map a LFR queue fill-event like eotm… no one but t1 can manage 24 hour coverage and more so, no one cares about who’s in first place… there is no reward for the effort.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

@ DreamyLove.8947

Well, There are some different reasons for why not.

• Lag, there is already enough of it with 2-3 sides have large groups fighting. More players would mean more lag.
  • Limit, there has to be a limit to how many can get into WvW, in order to have some kind of balance, doesn’t mean it works, but it would be worse without it.
  • Same with World population, the system isn’t meant to have people stack on few servers, and this is another tool in the design to encourage people to move to other servers. Not working as well as it should either, but again better than nothing.

If ANet where to remove the cap, well, for one thing I don’t think you’d see other skills than #1. The game would further focus more on stacking single servers at cost of every other server. And I honestly can’t see a single good thing come out of it.

Also, ANet has never, not even once, and never will, reveal the max cap on maps/servers etc. They flat out refuse to give us numbers on those kinds of things. Presumably because they don’t want players to game the system/numbers. Also it has changed a few times, but it’s assumed that it is somewhere around 80vs80vs80 on each map.

That’s as close to an answer you can get.

Random rant from my head:

If we’re going to take this “more players on map, more players on worlds” idea to its extreme, or final destination. We would end up with EotM actually.

The way the WvW mode and servers vs players and lag, map caps etc work, they probably can’t get it to work any better without a huge engine re-write. At which point it would basically require a new game.

So the only way ANet could supply any match-up with more people on EBG is either to open the map-cap and turn the game into a slide-show with randomly functioning buttons (yay!). Or by opening up a second instance of EBG, the way Megaserver/EotM does.

And if they do that, there is absolutely no point in not just moving right over to a 3 faction system for good, and move everything into 1 match-up. Since people are going to stack servers like mad, since there would be no queue to block/limit them. Then we just sit back and watch the game collapse as 75% of the players stack one server, so they don’t get any resistance…. sigh.

Ironically, I’m ALL FOR testing a couple of weeks with doubling the map cap!

I’ll be standing in EBG spawn for hours, with my mega bucket of popcorn, a whole box of salt, and fill my fridge to the brim with drinks, and just enjoy the SALT-NADO in map chat as no one is going to have any fun at all, with so much lag they can’t even navigate out of spawn!

\m/ ^_^ \m/ Please let this be a thing!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

No way dude. NS server broke my mother board this evening. No more blobs please

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

For BG Players, that symbol above means outnumbered. I know you’ve never seen that but that is what it is for your information.

Best buff in game

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

If something they need to lower population per map down to 50 (same size as squad).
This will:
1. reduce skill lags in 3-way sm fights
2. create queues on over stacked servers (BG…) and hopefully make ppl get sick of queues and transfer out. Then if they over stacked server destack a bit Anet might go back to like 5 tiers to spread the population better.

But yeah… player caps should absolutely not be increased.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

If something they need to lower population per map down to 50 (same size as squad).
This will:
1. reduce skill lags in 3-way sm fights
2. create queues on over stacked servers (BG…) and hopefully make ppl get sick of queues and transfer out. Then if they over stacked server destack a bit Anet might go back to like 5 tiers to spread the population better.

But yeah… player caps should absolutely not be increased.

EU players have already voiced their opinion that they may prefer not to participate in linking…so the below might not apply to them.

How about we set the Max Map Cap = 25
AND
ANet Add an additional 96 NA World Servers

New World Servers could also be “Leased” out Monthly for VIP Guilds to own temporarily & to generate gem sales for ANet.

Special Exclusive Hidden Tiers could also be setup for VIP Guilds to host & entertain high level clients wanting to spend gems like no tomorrow.

All these New World Servers would then be used in linking & to easily re-balance the Match-Up’s population on the fly.

Hourly Match-Ups can quickly be re-adjusted. Players don’t need to wait for 2 months for the situation to get fixed with a full time “Match-Up Jockey” working for ANet.

The Match-Up Jockey would be in charge of spinning all the fights & scores so that everybody is having fun.

Who needs or wants a competitive game mode when it should be all about having fun & getting crazily sprayed with rewards?

Ok everybody…Let’s “Do the Hustle”!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TsRdkrxl4g

Before Nike…there was the Hustle. Do IT!

Don’t get hustled by this silly joke. This is a parody…and should not be taken seriously.

Don’t forget how Disco ended in the 70’s…for a reason.

Attachments:

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: DreamyLove.8947

DreamyLove.8947

No. If T1 players don’t like queues, they can go to EotM. That’s what it was designed for.

GW2Wiki

Edge of the Mists provides instant access to competitive play, and can be enjoyed while you’re waiting for a Mist War map.

any reason we shouldn’t have more ppl come play if all sever has queue?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Yes. there are servers that don’t have queues and could use more people. If you choose to stay in a stacked server, you are choosing to deal with the queues.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

DreamyLove.8947

Yes. there are servers that don’t have queues and could use more people. If you choose to stay in a stacked server, you are choosing to deal with the queues.

this is why i say when all 3 server has queue at same map
than add map limit, so other time still same as old day

not the add limit all the time

and don’t worry me, i alwayts in map, this pic just for topic

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

this is why i say when all 3 server has queue at same map
than add map limit, so other time still same as old day

not the add limit all the time

and don’t worry me, i alwayts in map, this pic just for topic

Boy, these guys come in here thinking wvw revolves around them. Every server is under the same restrictions, if you increase map caps to accommodate those servers that have a queues you’ll make it even more unfair as not all servers have the same population. You’ll probably even encourage stacking on 3 servers even more, cause hey if we have queues just raise the map cap. Also raising map caps will probably cause more lag in the maps with more players around.

If you’re getting queues, deal with it.
If you’re on BG then too bad, your buddies wanted the server open for transfers.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

I feel so ignored right now :p

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Map caps need to be lowered a little, the blobs are big enough, and the lag is too much. Better to encourage people to play on other maps rather then all stacking on EB.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

This is also another reason why I keep suggesting the Dynamic Maps.

Make the number of maps adjust itself after the active population, avoid queues, and avoid empty maps. And also reduce map cap a little bit to avoid the lag while at it.

If 200 people per world wants to get into EBG, and only 50 wants to go to BL’s, then roll up 3 EBG’s and 1 BL. If 20 people wants to go to EBG, and 120 wants to go to BL’s, then 1 EBG and 2 BL’s. (Min 1 of each).

Best way to fight queue’s, let people play where they want, reduce the empty maps, and can even be used to counter off-time PPT advantage somewhat.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Make the number of maps adjust itself after the active population, avoid queues, and avoid empty maps. And also reduce map cap a little bit to avoid the lag while at it.

If 200 people per world wants to get into EBG, and only 50 wants to go to BL’s, then roll up 3 EBG’s and 1 BL. If 20 people wants to go to EBG, and 120 wants to go to BL’s, then 1 EBG and 2 BL’s. (Min 1 of each).

Best way to fight queue’s, let people play where they want, reduce the empty maps, and can even be used to counter off-time PPT advantage somewhat.

It’s not like there’s some group of people suddenly saying.. ‘hey we want to go to a bl’. There’s no way in real time to know exactly some magic number of who wants to go where. That kind of programming doesn’t exist and likely never could since you can’t read people’s minds…. AND by the time let’s say 20 people try to get into a non-existent BL the first 19 of them have likely gone on to do something else.. so that programming wouldn’t be very useful.

Increasing all map caps based on just one doesn’t make sense. It just allows the one with the most to have even more. Increasing just one map is going to have the same effect except now the other maps have no hope of more people coming in.. even though they’re not there to come in anyway…

Just my thoughts.. and no I have no suggestions on this either. Some have come through that were ok. But this one.. simply would not work.

oh ya, that “empty map” thing… ANet has tried to do that in the PvE land but MANY times when I’ve been forced to switched maps due to a low pop on the map I’ve actually been moved to a map with much less people around. Go figure that one… NOT a solution that would even remotely work for WvW.

… just call me … Tim :)

(edited by Balthazzarr.1349)

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

What about the players on the other side?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Diku.2546

1. What happens to the importance of holding territory?
  2. What happens if one side can’t hold any territory?

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Sometimes less is more!

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Diku.2546

Sometimes less is more!

My haiku response (5/7/5):

This is very True.
Life can teach you many things.
Only Buddha knows.

If you prefer

Sometimes less is more.
Life can teach you many things.
Only Buddha knows.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: keypusher.3186

keypusher.3186

Plenty of servers without queues, no one to blame but yourself if you bandwagoned onto a full server.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

First part no their a limit for a reason it make all servers have a fair chance on that BL(during primetime). EB is the only battleground most servers can queue and that’s only during their primetime or reset. BG is the only server that should have multiple maps queued during the day.

The second part I am not sure what the map limits are. They have changed a lot. During old school wvw, we had a server meeting. It had +100 people on a BL spawn area talking about general tactic and stuff. I know EB has a higher map limit than the BLs and that’s about it. Their are a few tagless guild groups running around in EB at times. The character model limit graphic setting, effects the amount of peoples seen. DO NOT SET THIS ON HIGH unless you have a top of the line computer. Its easy to crash in EB when its on a high setting.

As for the reward track on the overflow map. I am not sure I stopped bothering with that map shortly after it came out. I heard it gives less wvw reward track pts.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Hockey.2417

Hockey.2417

How about, just let BG have as many as they can fit on the maps. For instance, if the other servers have few players, just give the excess spots, to BG, so BG can have , oh lets say 200-300 per map, seems legit. Or every time someone logs off from a different server, or DC’s , just add a BG player………(please don’t think I am serious…lol)

ya………ok

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

How about, just let BG have as many as they can fit on the maps. For instance, if the other servers have few players, just give the excess spots, to BG, so BG can have , oh lets say 200-300 per map, seems legit. Or every time someone logs off from a different server, or DC’s , just add a BG player………(please don’t think I am serious…lol)

Why? it’s a brilliant idea, BG will need extra spots for their growing population. No one deserves to sit in a queue. They’ll need to have enough room to fit all the roamers that can scout the entire map and keep it safe, trump wvw wall 2016.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

DreamyLove.8947

im not come for mad map queue is bad, or something
so don’t tell me if u r bg, if u in a full server, if u can’t into map, etc …. thx

suggestion a idea make more ppl can play when a popular times
and not the all ppl wanna play eotm thx

i don’t think is map has too many ppl make ppl can’t use skill at “now”
my ping is ok, my fps is ok, but sometime when i see some group
i can’t use skill
it that realy is cos there has too many ppl?

in WvW

DreamyLove.8947

and i still wanna know what is max limit at wvw map?

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Why don’t you just transfer to a server that needs players instead of complaining about queues?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

It’s less than what your server has and more than what every other server has.

in WvW

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

No you can’t . Anet can not put a gun to the head of people ordering them to play wvw. The only think that they could do is to redistribuite people from all server to less server …and it is not so different from what they do linking . You could also delete the server by itself and put people on map dinamically basing on how full they are. … but it would destroy guilds becouse every time you would play with different people but you could manage even numbers easily

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

GW2Wiki

I don’t care about that at all. EotM is the overflow for WvW maps. An inordinate amount of development time was spent creating it – SPECIFICALLY for people who are in WvW queues.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

No no no, First off Anet will NEVER tell you what the map cap is.
Secondly, Map caps should be lowered to the 50-60 range. Stacked servers would have two options, rot in queue or move down in tiers.

Increasing map caps is moronic at best.

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

@ Balthazzarr.1349

Not saying it is easy, they have already been trying for years to get this to work with MegaServer/EotM etc, and we can clearly see the problems there. But it is also a technology they already have and is working on, despite how much improvement it needs! :p

Obviously allowing 1 server to create 14 maps, while the opponents can’t even fill 1 map is going to fail. The above should be read as a concept/TLDR version, and it would need a whole bunch of rulings and extras to fix things like that. Like for example to not create a new map until 2 servers have queue’d a map. There has to be a reason to make people want to transfer down after all, to even out pop.

Oh the PVE map switcher is hilarious, it does so much weird stuff. Favourite is being in a map right after a World Boss been killed, think my record was being chained through 7 map-instances before it finally left me alone in the empty map! Nowadays, I just ignore the note and stay on the empty map until it kicks me out

@ X T D.6458

Asuming you’re referring to the same as Tim did, about 1000 players in Server A creating 14 maps, and no players on Server B and C. Then as I answered above, there obviously has to be some limitation for that, and actual Queue system, something has to encourage people to even out the pops.

The main idea is about making it dynamic, to have something that can adjust itself, without having Dev’s to manually sit and adjust and fix things. I also imagine that everyone sitting in Queue for EBG on reset would appreciate another copy or two to play on. While roamers in off time might actually meet someone if there is only 1 BL map.

@ Diku.2546

Think I just answered that twice already or at least my idea on it.

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

i don’t think is map has too many ppl make ppl can’t use skill at “now”
my ping is ok, my fps is ok, but sometime when i see some group
i can’t use skill
it that realy is cos there has too many ppl?

Honestly I have a hard time understanding what you’re typing.

And yes that is lag because there are too many people at the same time.

There is less lag with less people, so lower map cap gives less lag.

There is more lag with more people, so larger map cap gives more lag.

Also, ANet has never, not even once, and never will, reveal the max cap on maps/servers etc. They flat out refuse to give us numbers on those kinds of things. Presumably because they don’t want players to game the system/numbers. Also it has changed a few times, but it’s assumed that it is somewhere around 80vs80vs80 on each map.

That’s as close to an answer you can get.

Already answered.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

the map always full at sometime

so i think anet can do if all 3 sever full & queue
than map limit add 10ppl ( loop it )

when 2 server < X, than map auto kick who are the last join map untill all < X
(X = normel map limit

and what is map limit for each map?
50 or 100? or something?

cos i feel , my max is see about 50 or 60 ppl on my side lol

and does anet can let ppl in OS map also can countdown Reward Tracks
(but can’t get anyone more Participation

let ppl can afk on there, not afk on a full map

Anet, you need to listen,.

AFK’ers on queue’d maps stand around for hours.

They do move. They are going to stand there and use it as a chat room until you get the point that some are there to pad the queue so valid players can’t get in.

WvW manipulation is easy, but Anet doesn’t want to hear it at all, even four plus years on.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Diku.2546

@ Diku.2546

Think I just answered that twice already or at least my idea on it.

You did. I understand what you mean. It’s like opening up check-out lines in the grocery store when there’s lots of people wanting to pay & check out.

This concept doesn’t apply itself very well to WvW…imho

I’d be concerned that given the existing Fixed 3 Way stuck in Tiers…

The proverbial 800-Pound Gorilla phenomenon will just allow the Gorilla to abuse the Chimpanzee & Weakest Link across not just 4 Maps…but over however many more dynamic maps get opened.

Thanks for taking the time & effort to offer a solution. Let’s agree to disagree…and we can both move forward in our own way.