Can we have tanks?

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Devilking.7592

Devilking.7592

I was wondering if they’re will be or if there is any plans to add charr tanks to WvW.
I think they would be a great addition to WvW and could really add an unpredictable element to the battlefield to keep things exciting.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Go home Devilking.7592 , you’re drunk.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

Golems are already a stretch for me in breaking the whole fantasy element. Let’s keep tank, places, helicopters, rocket launchers, and biochemical warfare outta here

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Golems are already a stretch for me in breaking the whole fantasy element. Let’s keep tank, places, helicopters, rocket launchers, and biochemical warfare outta here

None of the siege weapons besides golems are even fantasy…

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

And honestly…the Charr Steampunk look is way more “Fantasy” than almost anything else in this game. Would be awesome to see Charr-copters and stuff for more tactics and such.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Olterin Fire.5960

Olterin Fire.5960

With regards to “let’s keep […] rocket launchers and biochemical warfare outta here” – the Charrzooka (and many an engineer skill), as well as the trebuchet cow munitions, would like to have a word with you.

Personally, I think adding such items would be really interesting, as long as they’re kept to the game lore and nothing fancy beyond that.

WIthout light, there can be no darkness. Without darkness, there can be no light.

Sword Of Justice – Gunnar’s Hold

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Isn’t all of that in the game already?

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Jurrien.2617

Jurrien.2617

Can we have suicide bombers too then? And while we’re at it let’s add nukes so the match can be over before you know it.

Desolation

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

Can we have suicide bombers too then? And while we’re at it let’s add nukes so the match can be over before you know it.

Great idea wif e nukes, but should not be too easy to get. Maybe e server can have 2 nukes when they have 695ppt at each of their keep in EB n BL. The server must fire e nukes in 30 sec after all e players vote which area to nuke, failing to do so will cause e nuke to self destruct n destroy all upgrades, supplies n ppl in e keeps.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Didn’t the flame legion Charr already nuke ascalon in guild wars?

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Whiteout.7935

Whiteout.7935

How about some Asura Mega lasers instead?

Loudcrank
Commander
[GoA] Ruins of Surmia

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

We should just make it an fps game :P

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I don’t know how they would implement it into WvW, but I do love the idea of driving around in one of those Pact Tanks you see in Orr (or a Charr tank).

Personally, I’d like to see more small defence weapons implemented for supply camp protection etc. Maybe permanent syvari seed turrets?

Gandara

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Have to admit i have wondered from time to time while running past some of the Charr equipment.

You guys have a 30ft tall tracked fortress with 4, 6 inch cannons why the heck am I defending your camp with a rock tied to the end of a stick?

Ulfar SOR

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Bring on the Charr and the Asura Technology! It’s Tyria!

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

Would be awesome to bring in our Tanks and other tech, but it would need maps made for them ofcourse and not the current maps :P tho i think it would be a big change, but maybe possible on a more huge open map

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Have to admit i have wondered from time to time while running past some of the Charr equipment.

You guys have a 30ft tall tracked fortress with 4, 6 inch cannons why the heck am I defending your camp with a rock tied to the end of a stick?

HA! That was pretty funny. <3

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Phunk.6103

Phunk.6103

Didn’t the flame legion Charr already nuke ascalon in guild wars?

Nope, ascalon is in the state it is because of the Foefire which was unleashed from the brother sword of Sohothin during the siege of ascalon which killed everything within the vicinity

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Add them to the breakout event!

It would be easily done, and not gamebreaking.

And it would look cool too.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

I don’t share the cynicism of some people here, there’s nothing wrong with tanks (lore-wise) seeing as how the Pact deploy steampunk technology including tanks in a Vigil story mission. The problem is it needs to be balanced and serve some kind of gameplay purpose. I suppose it would be a mobile, ranged siege weapon with longer range than the omega siege golem. Not at the top of the WvW updates priority list but it’s not a dumb idea.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Pact Airship!!!

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Pact Airship!!!

A big ocean and Pact submarines!

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Pact Airship!!!

THAT would be cool. Actually I’d love to see a water map, with Islands, long bridges you could blow up, and ship to ship combat!

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

Pact Airship!!!

THAT would be cool. Actually I’d love to see a water map, with Islands, long bridges you could blow up, and ship to ship combat!

Yeah. And I’d like to see building sites for player made fortifications and towers and keeps that start small but become enormous once fully upgraded. Technical limitations though =(

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I just want a champion grub with rabies to ride on while charging head on into the enemy Zerg

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Tanks, airships and submarines. Love it

Tanks as a Breakout thing would be a very cool thing indeed.

They came across in a Charr Pact Tank, parlez vouz.
They came across in a Charr Pact Tank, parlez vouz.
They came across in a Charr Pact Tank,
One to drive and two to w… uh, shoot the guns.
Inky pinky parley vouz.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Aisunokami.6430

Aisunokami.6430

if you want tanks.. you could always go play World of Tanks.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Kurty.6314

Kurty.6314

“I was wondering if they’re will be or if there is any plans to add charr tanks to WvW.” —→
“How about some Asura Mega lasers instead?” --→“I just want a champion grub with rabies to ride on while charging head on into the enemy Zerg”

Well, that escalated quickly :P

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Nemo.6295

Nemo.6295

Yes, I’d agree with tanks but not in the current areas, in fact I hope they’ll add a vehicle-heavy battleground. Let’s face it WvW is not about PVP, it’s about general tactics, resources and manpower.

I’d love to see big effing war machines, that allow tower scaling, gate ramming, long range artilery, but also ways to counter these.

I’d love to see class specific abilites for vehicles/siege weapons, like thef sabotage, engineer reparis/enhancements stuff like that. Poor AN, the more they give us, the more we want…

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

I swear if Anet makes a golem that can climb walls and shoot rockets at treb range I am going to scream my head off.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Wick.1280

Wick.1280

We should have sharks with lasers beams….freekin lasers

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

We should just make it an fps game :P

Only if you enable rocket jumping and strafe jumping.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Add them to the breakout event!

It would be easily done, and not gamebreaking.

And it would look cool too.

oh god no breakouts are already annoying as is. kitten full supply for everyone. Siege every where that cant be destroyed till 6 hours later and a god of a champ that 2 hits any fool that comes near it. Not to mention the 3-5k hp boost.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Yeah lets add spaceships, tanks and all and then re-name the game to Battlefield 4

Yeah, yeah, that’s the ticket

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

Yeah lets add spaceships, tanks and all and then re-name the game to Battlefield 4

Brilliant!

Anet get onto this pronto!

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Nemo.6295

Nemo.6295

Try a bigger overreaction, it’s original and interesting…

Tanks are in the game world, so are flying ships, robots and big kittening guns. Deal with it. WvsW is about siegefare also. Or should we just remove anything we don’t agree with? Then let’s remove WvW since well, we don’t like siege wapons, or big fights, or taking towers and keeps, and let’s all just…. finger wrestle!

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

It’s funny to me how many people comment on this thread and don’t realze tanks are actually in the game already.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

It’s funny to me how many people comment on this thread and don’t realze tanks are actually in the game already.

As a driveable vehicle in WvW with space for a gunner?

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

Asura will have the weak hover tanks with mega death lasers.

While Charr will have the steam punk bunker tanks with massive cannons.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

As a driveable vehicle in WvW with space for a gunner?

No, but I’m not talking about the OP, or anyone making a request for tanks in WvW… my comment is directed at the people who think Tanks don’t fit into the lore, and equate the OP’s request with asking for space ships and nukes, etc.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Or siege turtles? It was in fort aspenwood pvp in gw1 but it was a mob you couldn’t actually control it but what if you could here? just a idea look here
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/5/53/%22Seige_Turtle%22_concept_art.jpg

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Try a bigger overreaction, it’s original and interesting…

Tanks are in the game world, so are flying ships, robots and big kittening guns. Deal with it. WvsW is about siegefare also. Or should we just remove anything we don’t agree with? Then let’s remove WvW since well, we don’t like siege wapons, or big fights, or taking towers and keeps, and let’s all just…. finger wrestle!

Just because tanks, guns and spaceships are real and also exist in the real world (well… spaceships…) doesnt mean they would be suitable for this game…

Why not make a nuclear bomb made by the asura to just blow up an entire map, plant a flag and say “this land is mine!”

Tanks, aka moving siege that can shoot stuff to blow stuff up wouldn’t be a bad idea. But we already have such a thing, Omega Siege Golem. Maybe fix and rework the things currently in the game, before adding more stuff that can potentially bring new bugs into the game.

And btw, my post was referring more to the crazy ideas posted in this topic. And I know most of them are jokes, so was mine. I don’t quite understand from your post if you “agree” with me or are actually trying to diss me… which seems like a weird thing to do after a sarcastic/funny remark

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah sure and let’s also add airplanes that drop bombs on those trebs, elephants that walk right through the door and lets turn the charrzuka into a giant machinegun and after turning everything into 1person view we got the new black ops fantasy!YaYYYYYYYYYY!…..NOT!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I have no issues with it if it’s implemented properly. I mean, it fits right into the lore. For those not wanting it encroaching on their “fantasy.” Have you seen a siege golem? Have you noticed that flame rams hover? They’re asuran tech.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

GW2 is the least ‘fantasy’ centric of the popular MMOs. You have an Engineer class, for crying out loud.

That being said, NO. No tanks. There’s too much reliance on siege as it is. Open field battle is turning into who can drop the most siege the fastest these days.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Rabh.2493

Rabh.2493

I think Anet dropped the ball a wee bit when they didn’t include some of the cool things you see in PvE in WvW. Asuran lasers instead of ballista/cannons/whatever, Charr tanks instead of golems (or in addition to golems), a submarine or airship as a capture point, there is so much scope instead of regular old medieval siege weapons. It would’ve tied the game together better IMO. Its only a minor gripe though.

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Tbh, I’d rather have siege ladders and other things like that first.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

I would be in favor of a siege tower to bypass the gates/walls. It would be fun!!!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Wat

Ram = real
Trebuchet = real (even launching rotten animal parts is real)
Ballistas = real
Arrow carts = real
Golems = fantasy

So the one siege engine that only exists in fantasy is the one that’s the biggest stretch for you? I don’t get it.

Anyway, I conceptually like the idea of a tank. It would basically just be a “catapult golem”, though I suppose it could also be a ballista.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Can we have tanks?

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I would be in favor of a siege tower to bypass the gates/walls. It would be fun!!!

No. Absolutely no.

There would be nothing “fun” about bypassing walls/gates. The only thing it would do is lead to even more takeovers with no PvP. As it is, dropping 4 rams on a gate will let you inside faster than defense can respond, unless they are already there waiting for you. You’re imagining a siege tower as a thing you roll up and drop the ramp and there’s a big fight on the wall but the reality is that it would mainly be used to fast-cap forts before the defense could show up.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained