Can we have target golems in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Probably a strange suggestion but stats in WvW are different from PvP and PvE. I know plenty of people like myself that put a lot of work in to their WvW builds but the only way to see how they work is to find a fight. Which isn’t always the best way since you can’t really pay attention to every crit or condition floater like you can with a practice golem.

Adding 3 of them to the spawn waypoints, maybe near the siege vendors or something, would be really nice. Even just to take our frustrations out on them when we’re getting absolutely steamrolled, lol.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

Stats are buffed in spawn, aren’t they? I guess it would have to be in spawn keep or something. I like the idea tho!

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

There are target dummies in Silverwastes, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Yes, and they can remove the stupid stats being buffed at spawn. What’s the point? Am I missing something here?

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Adding them to guild halls would be a far better solution.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Yes, and they can remove the stupid stats being buffed at spawn. What’s the point? Am I missing something here?

Yes dear.

It would bring a whole new meaning to spawn camping.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m in favour of this – as long as they’re not another hurdle (which let me trip during a fight like tactivators – I know there’s no fights at spawn but you get my point).

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

Target dummies would be useful to check out your DPS, if there was a DPS meter in game.

That shouldn’t be too difficult.

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Stats are buffed in spawn, aren’t they? I guess it would have to be in spawn keep or something. I like the idea tho!

They would be buffed too cause of the people claiming things like they do now… +100 or +200 Power would change everything badly. Same for precision and so forth.

I would recommend just going to some camp and solo’ing it. It isn’t like you have stacks anymore for fortitude and power. It isn’t like WvW mastery skills affect anything. Just the world buffs that reset on reset.

I test my builds out in PvE and in solo’ing objectives like camps and towers. Just try to pay attention to the damage floaters and look back through your outgoing damage log.

And I’m glad there really isn’t any official damage meter in the game.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, that sounds like something easy to put in anyways.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

Yes dear.

It would bring a whole new meaning to spawn camping.

But spawn camping is still a thing at times. I’ll have to see just how far out of spawn those bonuses follow.

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

Hmmm…. there are no buffed stats at spawn unless Seigerazor is there. You’re immune to damage up to a certain point, but that doesn’t follow you very far from spawn. As long as a target golem wasn’t near Siegerazor, it would work.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

My suggestion…

Put the Test Dummies/Golems on the BL’s. There are no stat bonuses to worry about and plenty of space. Plus: if they’re on the BL’s (and maybe exclusively), it might attract more people to the BL’s, which is usually needed in most tiers.

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

+1 to Krypto’s post. Funny, it just occurred to me that there are no Siegerazors on the Desert Borderlands.

There probably were when the maps were initially launched, but someone activated them and they got lost on the way to their objective….

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

It’s a good idea to use the Guild Arena for this purpose

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

What, like put a target golem in the arena? Or ask someone to stand there and let you beat on them?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I use enemies as my target dummies

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel