Can we have the old Borderlands back ???

in WvW

Posted by: Mitz.5741

Mitz.5741

The new borderlands are WAAAAAAY too big and confusing

Evem the keeps are big and confusing (we just lost “Garri” cuz we couldnt find the attackers untill they were at lord room)

Also, the auto upgrades are too fast its like 2-3 hours for keeps and 4-5 hours for SM

Ty for killing bronze league, now i cant play

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

I wouldn’t hold my breath. Returning the old BL’s would be admitting a mistake and I doubt very much anet is going to admit they made a mistake.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I wouldn’t hold my breath. Returning the old BL’s would be admitting a mistake and I doubt very much anet is going to admit they made a mistake.

They could save face by putting the new map on a rotation with EB. All it would take to make it work there would be a few tweaks to the design and removing or at least toning down some of the gimmicks.

There is a lot I hate about the new map but the biggest problem is the population can’t support multiple copies.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i want the old maps back too. new one is too annoying has no waypoints and too much pve. it creates karmatrains as nooen wants to spend 30 minutes trying to find the way on your own to your group.just make it the new eotm….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: LuMai.5034

LuMai.5034

Yeah they should just make this the new EOTM map and just update the old one slightly. No serious wvw player wanted these vertical maps like the new PvE zones. That’s why we’re in wvw to not PvE. A huge vertical complex map is bad for borderlands that was hard to get people on in the first place. only thing this new map accomplished was making EB’s queue 10 times longer. Anet has to react soon, WvW dead game mode confirmed.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

the old borderland map just had more of a castle defense feel to it where the player made strategic decisions. i do miss those times where we would send in a smaller guild to hills so the entire map blob would run there where the other guild ninja’d bay…. now its all about running for aaaaages to get anywhere and then u have to kill pve mobs to get a weird buff wich is again a pve thing and then u go to the keep. if u die on the way there u will be punished that u will not be able to catch up with your guild anymore as u a will have to walk through a complex maze just to get out into the open field and that open field is cluttered with pve mobs and traps now. it just doesnt haved the wvw feel for me.

at least the fire keep does look like a a keep but. atm noone even bothers to put up siege cause pve events will take care of it just like in eotm wich is also way to complex.

we beta tested it, we gave that same feedback, anet didnt change 1 single thing.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood