Can we please have PvP badges back in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-pvp-leagues/

Flaunt It If You’ve Got It

It isn’t enough to be one of the best if nobody knows it, so leagues will offer you badges for your nameplate. Crossing over into a higher division will upgrade your badge so that every Tyrian can admire your talents in combat. It’s important that seeing someone with a high-ranked badge means that person is currently a top player, so badges are earned for each league season. You can show off where you are in the current season and for a short break between seasons, but once the next season kicks off, badges reset and each player must prove their worth by earning their standing for the new season. While earning badges is seasonal, anyone who makes it into the Legendary Division will earn a permanent title to show off this major accomplishment for all time.

Please?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I don’t know about anyone else, but I have never once paid any attention to the pvp icons on people’s names (as in I didn’t care what they were for), no matter the game mode I was playing. I did see them as unnecessary clutter though. a stupid icon on the nameplate that has no bearing outside of pvp. the less clutter the better I say. would like them to remove it in pve too.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Personally I don’t care what ad copy they thought up to justify putting PvP specific icons in PvE and WvW. They’ve realized it’s annoying icon clutter and removed it from WvW and I’d be glad if they removed them from PvE too. Or if they don’t, they should be fair and put the HoT Mastery numbers and WvW levels/titles in PvP to clutter up their play areas too.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

Personally, I’d be happy not seeing them anywhere ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

I don’t know about anyone else, but I have never once paid any attention to the pvp icons on people’s names (as in I didn’t care what they were for), no matter the game mode I was playing. I did see them as unnecessary clutter though. a stupid icon on the nameplate that has no bearing outside of pvp. the less clutter the better I say. would like them to remove it in pve too.

Oh come on. I don’t care for PvP at all, but I do notice the badges (as do you) and I do respect the legendary(?) Star league badged players. They accomplished something through a great deal of effort which is probably difficult, or a hard grind (I have no idea) so why does it upset you so much? It’s an accomplishment and good for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

They actually don’t bother me that much since they’re relatively small. But I also think it’s pointless to display them outside of PvP areas because PvP players will see them when it’s relevant and to non-PvPers like me they’re meaningless.

I don’t know what the colours or symbols mean or what order they go in, so to me they all just mean “this person has played at least a bit of PvP”, which isn’t something I ever need to know.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in WvW

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m with Danikat on the total unawareness of what’s being flaunted other than oh look, that person PvP’s. I don’t mind the clutter as much as others; the symbols actually help differentiate the mass of names in a clump of people. But they really don’t seem necessary in the PvE environment.

And I’d think in WvW you wouldn’t want your hot-shot PvPer symbol showing. Doesn’t that make you a magnet for people that want to either prove they’re good enough to beat an experienced PvPer or to stomp down what they think is a braggart or inflated ego? Or at the very least it lets them keep track of you in a crowd if they’ve decided you’re their target. Assuming it shows to the enemy, anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It is really sad, truly disheartening, to see a statement to the effect that being the best doesn’t matter unless you can rub into other people’s faces whether they want to know or not. The person who initially penned that (paraphrased) line in the OP’s quote should be ashamed of himself.

in WvW

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

They actually don’t bother me that much since they’re relatively small. But I also think it’s pointless to display them outside of PvP areas because PvP players will see them when it’s relevant and to non-PvPers like me they’re meaningless.

I don’t know what the colours or symbols mean or what order they go in, so to me they all just mean “this person has played at least a bit of PvP”, which isn’t something I ever need to know.

This. I notice the badges. They don’t really bother me because I have names turned off, but they also don’t mean anything to me other than “That guy plays pvp”.

in WvW

Posted by: Lumberjackth.3764

Lumberjackth.3764

I think badges are great in pvp, WvW maybe only your teams badges show up. So you don’t just target their badges in the zerg =P. Hate to be killed first because my badge is showing.

in WvW

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I’m with the less clutter the better group.

in WvW

Posted by: mavric.7051

mavric.7051

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-pvp-leagues/

Flaunt It If You’ve Got It

It isn’t enough to be one of the best if nobody knows it, so leagues will offer you badges for your nameplate. Crossing over into a higher division will upgrade your badge so that every Tyrian can admire your talents in combat. It’s important that seeing someone with a high-ranked badge means that person is currently a top player, so badges are earned for each league season. You can show off where you are in the current season and for a short break between seasons, but once the next season kicks off, badges reset and each player must prove their worth by earning their standing for the new season. While earning badges is seasonal, anyone who makes it into the Legendary Division will earn a permanent title to show off this major accomplishment for all time.

Please?

+1

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

AFAIK there are titles you can get when you have achieved the better icons (diamond). If you want to show others what you have accomplished just wear the title and leave the clutter off my screen. It is bad enough that the icons are displayed in PvE so as to make every event there look like a game of Chinese checkers, please just be happy with your titles.

I just wish they had thought out the icons in the first place instead of shoving their e-sports down the throats of every other game mode.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Ye I want them back as well, as a PvP player, also it helps me telling who actually got to know the new meta and who didnt, how to sort out the squad etc, no-name people with amber and no badge and non-wvw-guild tag go to their own parties.

I dont understand this qq about enemy focusing you because the badge? Did you see the enemy badges in NA or something because in EU you cant see enemy badges.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why does this have to be brought up again and again by very few but loud people. No we don’t want the badges back.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Ye I want them back as well, as a PvP player, also it helps me telling who actually got to know the new meta and who didnt, how to sort out the squad etc, no-name people with amber and no badge and non-wvw-guild tag go to their own parties.

I dont understand this qq about enemy focusing you because the badge? Did you see the enemy badges in NA or something because in EU you cant see enemy badges.

The SPvP meta is rarely the same as the roaming meta and almost never the same as zerg/GvG.
The only thing I really noticed when the badges were showing was those were usually the kitteners that were going to send me salty whispers when they died.

So many of then would cry that it was unfair that I would kite around the entire fight instead of staying in melee range to die. They would call me cheesy or blame “broken wvw stats” when the reality was they were so used to fighting on a tiny point they couldn’t adapt to wvw roaming fights.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Oh so that is what those color thingies were. :p

Guess I’m in the "Oh, that guy plays PvP" camp then. And less clutter.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I am happy that clutter is gone from my screen. Especially in WvW were tags are drowning in the clutter and it was so bad when we could see those icons, because the tags just vanished in to that.

in WvW

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

They would call me cheesy or blame “broken wvw stats”

Well they aren’t wrong. WvW isn’t the least bit balanced for small scale. It’s their own fault for not adapting and abusing the fact though.

Personally I would like badges to be visible. They cause far less clutter than the nameplates already do.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

#kittenproblems2016

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Give me a badge for my WvW rank when I’m in PvP and PvE and sure, you can have your PvP badge back.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The SPvP meta is rarely the same as the roaming meta and almost never the same as zerg/GvG.
The only thing I really noticed when the badges were showing was those were usually the kitteners that were going to send me salty whispers when they died.

So many of then would cry that it was unfair that I would kite around the entire fight instead of staying in melee range to die. They would call me cheesy or blame “broken wvw stats” when the reality was they were so used to fighting on a tiny point they couldn’t adapt to wvw roaming fights.

Really? I seemed to notice that the majority of people with high PvP rank badges (diamond/legendary) were just zerglings. Would never see them go anywhere outside a blob.

Though you’re definitely right about the hatemail. I find that people with that PvP back piece are most often the ones to either emote or send angry whispers.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I didn’t play a single game of ranked pvp this season, just to avoid having the icon on my nameplate.