5% damage reduction
15% Speed Bonus
Regenerate Health

/disappointed

Candy Corn Gobbler for 300 gems = P2W

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

does it work in pvp/wvw? if so remove please….

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Magnosian.8750

Magnosian.8750

All these boosters have existed since the launch of the game.. you’re a bit late in complaining.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

im a bit more worried about the 10 hours of wxp boost i get when i rack up about an hour of each of the other ones.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Zoxea.9564

Zoxea.9564

All these boosters have existed since the launch of the game.. you’re a bit late in complaining.

Easy spam 500 hours boost pay to win for 300gems have existed since the release? I did not know, thank you to you.

in WvW

Posted by: FearSeven.6357

FearSeven.6357

If this works in wvw it would be absurd.

If rich players can get a permanent 5% damage reduction and 100heal/sec, it would ruin the roaming experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Considering how easy it is to get candy corn “this won’t end well”…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If rich players can get a permanent 5% damage reduction and 100heal/sec, it would ruin the roaming experience.

To be fair it have been possible to get that in WvW since release and if it haven’t ruined the roaming experience yet I doubt it suddenly would now.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Styles.7469

Styles.7469

Your idea of “Pay to Win.” is terribly askew if you think you can win The Game with boosters. That and I can’t really tell what you said because you lack very basic punctuation, so that’s just what I assumed you were going for.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Booster

Very few of these boosters give one player an advantage over another, especially in regards to producing benefits other than helping to level in PvE. Do better research. The Majority of them are removed upon entering Competitive PvP, and only a few are available in WvW.

I have a low tolerance for stupidity.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

WvW isn’t considerated competitive pvp… You can go in with the boosters and not lose them.

The problem here isn’t the boosters themselves (if a idiot someone want to burn his money for a 1 hour buff, please be my guest) but how you can get hours and hours of these buffs now at the expense of only 300 gems and a few candy corn.

Considering that most boosters cost 150 gems for 1 hour, this item is also a shoot on the foot by Anet… But that’s not the issue here.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Styles.7469

Like I said, do better research. The boosters which can be used and fully function in WvW are detailed in the Wiki descriptions. If there are suspicions about their functionality in WvW for a meager concern over menial buffs with short life spans, ask an Anet official about them.

It usually helps when someone offers a useful suggestion and, rather than continue on with the initial complaint, you take up the suggestion to inform yourself a little better.

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

WvW isn’t considerated competitive pvp… You can go in with the boosters and not lose them.

The problem here isn’t the boosters themselves (if a idiot someone want to burn his money for a 1 hour buff, please be my guest) but how you can get hours and hours of these buffs now at the expense of only 300 gems and a few candy corn.

Considering that most boosters cost 150 gems for 1 hour, this item is also a shoot on the foot by Anet… But that’s not the issue here.

takes a pretty significant investment to rack up huge durations on anything besides wxp boost

wxp is very worth it if youre into that though

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

takes a pretty significant investment to rack up huge durations on anything besides wxp boost

How much is significant? I have like 80 stacks of candy corn that i didn’t turned in cobs.

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

How much is significant? I have like 80 stacks of candy corn that i didn’t turned in cobs.

i went through about 3 or 4 stacks to get 1 hour of each boost + 10 hours of wxp boost
thats pretty high maintenance for the regen/armor/speed boosters, but pretty paltry for wxp. i wasnt tracking it closely. just… the gobbler interested me and was only 300 gems. and i had a few ToT bags to open immediately.

in WvW

Posted by: FearSeven.6357

FearSeven.6357

To be fair it have been possible to get that in WvW since release and if it haven’t ruined the roaming experience yet I doubt it suddenly would now.

There is a big difference, it’s now far easier to obtain.

It worries me that Arenanet thought this was a good idea, it’s a slippery slope towards pay 2 win.

These 3 boosters have no place in wvw (damage reduction, heal over time, speedboost).

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Well, considering that candy corn will problably skyrocket once halloween is over maybe this won’t be a problem at all… I’d rather sell my candy corn than use to get some meager boosts.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

I will give this game maximum of 1 year more before we see more handy p2w items, well 1 more year or fun is enough for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Zoxea.9564

This kitten pay to win is prohibited in PvP but it is ok to pollute WvW? If this is not a problem for the WvW, why is this a problem for the PvP?

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

This kitten pay to win is prohibited in PvP but it is ok to pollute WvW? If this is not a problem for the WvW, why is this a problem for the PvP?

Because WvW was never intended to be balanced and PvP is. That simple.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Zoxea.9564

Because PvP was never intended to be pay to win and WvW is. That simple.

I fixed it for you.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Well, if you stop to think WvW is pay to win… You pay to transfer to the most populated server and win… Easy…

in WvW

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Because PvP was never intended to be pay to win and WvW is. That simple.

I fixed it for you.

No, you instead twisted it to your own opinion instead of the facts.

ANet has stated multiple times that WvW is not intended to be balanced By its very nature, it can’t be. PvP, on the other hand, is intended to be balanced. That’s why everyone that goes in has everything unlocked* and standardized and all consumables are disabled.

*At least, at launch this was true. There are some exceptions now, though unlocking them does not take long and do not really provide advantages, just options.

I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Zoxea.9564

You pay to transfer to the most populated server and win…

No, you instead twisted it to your own opinion instead of the facts.

Because PvP was never intended to be pay to win and WvW is.

in WvW

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Transferring to the most populated server can net you a win. It can also be meaningless thanks to the leagues.

I believe in NA, the most populous server is Jade Quarry, but Blackgate frequently beats them. Clearly, transferring to the most populated, while the most expensive, is not netting you wins.

Also, why would you transfer from, say, Gate of Madness to Yak’s Bend? Sure, you’re going to a more populated server, but you aren’t getting more likely wins.

Can an argument be made that WvW is “pay to win?” Possibly. However, why this is the case is because ANet never intended it to be balanced in the first place. Pay To Win is not a problem when balance was never a concern.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

tried this toy, and uh yea disappointed, you gotta use so much corn to try and get a buff it’s lame. and the freaking delay BLEH! my first toy purchase in 2 years. shoulda kept my gems safe and sound

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Please remove the stat buffs from WvW and it’s fine (swiftness, armor, regen).

What were you (Anet) even thinking?

in WvW

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

The Tp has always been full of oils foods and boosters ,this complaint is a total fabrication or ignorance.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

The Tp has always been full of oils foods and boosters ,this complaint is a total fabrication or ignorance.

The ones you buy with in-game currency don’t really matter as everyone can make them if they want. People are complaining because these boosters come from the gem store (which technically is their real money shop)… If you can’t tell the difference, I wonder who is the ignorant here…

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

The ones you buy with in-game currency don’t really matter as everyone can make them if they want. People are complaining because these boosters come from the gem store (which technically is their real money shop)… If you can’t tell the difference, I wonder who is the ignorant here…

Or from dailies.
Or from map completion.
Or from level rewards.

These buffs have been in game since release.
They did not change the outcome of fights back then, they will not change the outcome of fights now.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

You don’t get boosters from map completion btw…
And idk wtf are these “level rewards”… If it’s the wxp ranks, I also never received one from it. If it’s the new progression kitten Anet added, I haven’t leveled a character in months (as I have 8 80’s already) so I know nothing about it..

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Ah, my bad.
You do however have the ability to get black lion keys from map completion. Black Lion Chests are full of these boosts.

The level rewards is the new leveling system indeed.

Just because you have not experienced or seen something does not mean it does not exist.

Fact remains that it is fully possible to get these “gem-store” boosts in-game quite frequently. And fact also remains that it have been the case since release and it have not changed the outcome of fights nor will it in the future.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Only thing you can semi count on is the wxp boost. The others take too much corn / time (there is a small cd) to keep trying for. Corn won’t be 27 copper forever either…..

Now to get eaters that consume dragonite and empyreal for even blue/green/mats…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The buffs stack. I got over an hour of the useful buffs for around 15s… that is on par with my 30m food. 5% dmg reduction and 100 health/s is substantial. I can even ditch Travelers for more power oriented runes and not notice a huge drop in speed.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

The buffs stack. I got over an hour of the useful buffs for around 15s… that is on par with my 30m food. 5% dmg reduction and 100 health/s is substantial. I can even ditch Travelers for more power oriented runes and not notice a huge drop in speed.

whaaaa? 5% damage reduction is substantial? maybe if your getting hit for 10k (500) and 100 health a second? that would let me afk in PvE for an extra 4 minutes

in WvW there’s nothing these buffs would do to even come close to regular regen or help you last any longer in a fight.

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

WvW is not PvP. The very point that ascended gear, perplexity runes, boosts, food buffs, etc., exist in WvW should tell you up front Anet does not consider WvW to be a valid competitive format.

Now can someone confirm the speed boost is working in WvW? I thought speed boosts were specifically stated as to not work in WvW or PvP.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Now can someone confirm the speed boost is working in WvW? I thought speed boosts were specifically stated as to not work in WvW or PvP.

Yes, it work… I didn’t tested on a golem tho.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Over-dramatic.

Have you seen how much health and extra stats you can get from being in/near a fully buffed tower/keep/castle? My Necromancer has over 32k when I’m near one. And that’s from something you can get without gems.

Although I agree that ANet has shot themselves in the foot with this item, since it means you can receive buffs that you would otherwise have to pay gems for, I do not believe it has or will break WvW nor that it is P2W.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Straegen.2938

whaaaa? 5% damage reduction is substantial? maybe if your getting hit for 10k (500) and 100 health a second? that would let me afk in PvE for an extra 4 minutes

in WvW there’s nothing these buffs would do to even come close to regular regen or help you last any longer in a fight.

Yes 5% dps reduction is substantial. That is effectively turning someones ascended weapon into an exotic. Also 100 hps regen is better than Mango Pie regen and can easily add 2k HP over the course of a decent fight. I also swapped my Travelers armor for Scholar since 15% speed is a decent enough bump. These buffs all add up and IMO are relatively cheap.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

For now anyway. Candy Corn is only dirt cheap at the moment thanks to tons of players farming the Labyrinth non-stop. You might feel differently once it returns to 1+ silver prices.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Disable the combat effects in wvw.

End of story.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

For now anyway. Candy Corn is only dirt cheap at the moment thanks to tons of players farming the Labyrinth non-stop. You might feel differently once it returns to 1+ silver prices.

I am finding the laziness factor kicking in a bit. It takes time to build up the buffs which is easy enough when running somewhere but I tend to get in one fight after the next. I had 1.5 hours of the better buffs running and they all ran out before I logged.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Mmm, I guess it’s one of those things where each player determines whether it’s worth it to them. Personally I can’t justify spending 1+ silver every time to get a buff, especially when there’s a high chance I’ll get a useless transformation instead of the specific buff I want. I also have boosters galore from AP and Black Lion chests, so it’s not like I’m starving for them either. Still, if other players think the price is worth it, then go ahead. They can spend their money how they like.

As far as P2W goes, I can see the arguments, but I don’t think it’s that bad. WvW is already not perfectly balanced; a level 80 will almost certainly stomp an uplevel in a fight. A level 80 with 5 stacks of Applied Strength + Fortitude has a noticeable advantage over one that doesn’t. Someone in all Ascended gear has an advantage over one in all Exotics. And of course, individual stats are practically negligible in massive blob vs blob fights.

WvW is full-scale war; servers can, and should, be seeking every possible advantage to win (as long as its not outright hacking/cheating). If a server has a whole guild of candy munchers running around with this booster, well, it’s a bit like the Greeks having the Myrmidons on their side during the siege of Troy.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I think some player’s mistake is they judge these items based on equally experience sPvP with balanced classes. We know the classes aren’t balanced, nor are battles generally fought with players of equal experience. If a player was beating you before this booster, they will still beat you with the booster regardless.

From a WvW standpoint, it’s laughable. 5% + health regeneration isn’t going to save anyone from being smoked by 10 to 40 people at once. It also isn’t going to help you even with a single class with the ability to hit your for 10K+ dps.

The speed boost is nice; however, in WvW your almost always running around with swiftness.

Sure let a guild blow a bunch of money and gems to run out with that boost thinking it will turn the tide of the battle… trust me it won’t. If you lost regularly or even barely lost regularly before, you will still lose.

in WvW

Styles.7469

It is not pay to win.
Not all of the boosters actually work in WvW.
This has been covered.
People are still grasping at straws.

Spending real life currency on Boosters has always existed, regardless of whether or not they’ve in PvE or WvW. The complaint that this is a method of Pay to Win because it converts an in-game mat to a temporary boost is absurd. Not only that, but the fact that there’s an emphasis that such a small, miniscule, inconceivably unnoticeable difference will have a massive impact on WvW is just down right ridiculous.

All they did was make something available that people will buy, and soon forget to use or lose interest in using. It’s not going to change the dynamic of WvW at all. Not even in the slightest.

It never has in the past, and it won’t any time soon. They got people to spend money in their gem store. That’s what they’re supposed to do since this is a Buy-to-Play game, and not Pay-to-Play. DUH!

Also…WvW is not meant to be balanced like PvP and trying to compare the two from their foundation is comparing apples to oranges. To say it’s not meant to be balanced is just short-sighted because it’s evident that the bigger picture has been lost, or not apparent.

It’s meant to be organized on a larger scale, with large groups, encompassing entire servers all with people owning their respective individual builds. It is a more dynamic mode of play.

…Not five people running the most current meta which essentially comes down to who can run the most up-to-date build the best. Trying to apply the same formula to WvW as is current for sPvP would be utterly disastrous and any suggestion to do so is obviously the sound of QQ from people that can’t handle variation.

in WvW

Bubi.7942

Two things.

1. Armor, Speed and Regen boosters cannot be bought from the gemstore. Check it, they can’t.

2. Is “WvW is imbalanced” really an argument to adding more imbalance?

in WvW

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

The strength booster give 5% damage reduction against monsters, not players.

The rejuvenation one give 42 hp per second and doesn’t scale with healing power (mango pie is 85)

The speed one is laughable.

You can’t find those boosters on GS cuz nobody would buy it.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

(edited by borya.2964)

in WvW

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

You can get gems with ingame gold or with AP. You can also get ingame gold with gems. You can even buy a legendary with gems.

Everybody who has guild wars 2 can get that item without buying gems. I don’t have a problem with that.

in WvW

Bubi.7942

The strength booster give 5% damage reduction against monsters, not players.

Any proof for this?

The rejuvenation one give 42 hp per second and doesn’t scale with healing power (mango pie is 85)

So mango pie and rejuv together are 127 per sec.

The speed one is laughable.

Swapping out traveler runes or free running golems are laughable as well?

You can’t find those boosters on GS cuz nobody would buy it.

But you can buy swim boosters and repair canisters, cause that sells like ice-cold lemonade on a hot summer day.

(edited by Bubi.7942)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Yes they should be removed by WvW, but they don’t really bother me and it’s not P2W, since the “W” depends only on coverage off hours.

WvW is not and will never be balanced, get over it.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge