Cannon and Ballista Mastery Incorrect Tooltip

in WvW

Posted by: Matt Witter.6982

Matt Witter.6982

Game Designer

Next

The tool tip for the second tier of the Cannon Mastery and Ballista Mastery abilities shows the wrong percent increase. The tool tip for both of these should say that it increases damage by 25%

in WvW

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

So glad I started putting points into Ballista Mastery already.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

25% is a huge increase. 2% sounded good enough.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

2% sounded good enough.

Quiet, you.

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Whoah.. Ballista mastery ftw!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Very interesting…

As a note though, it showed as “.5%” on my client, at least last night. Thought it was a bit funny. “Half of a percent, huh? Ill be unstoppable!”

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in WvW

Posted by: Yams.6082

Yams.6082

25% damage increase? Where does it max out at? Seems disproportionate to the seige damage reduction amounts. Maybe I’m missing something.

Yams One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six
SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

So…
Ballista Mastery

• +25% for 15 points

Siege bunker

• +5% for 70 points

Seems a bit … skewed, but okaaaaay.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

MrHaze.3690

25% damage increase? Where does it max out at? Seems disproportionate to the seige damage reduction amounts. Maybe I’m missing something.

Only one of the points in those lines gives the damage increase, the other points give things like new skills or increased range.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

This cant be serious? Why not increase keep door/wall HP while you are at it? And also change the name of the game to TurtleWars.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

(edited by Aneu.1748)

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I was gonna say… 0.5% increased cannon damage… c’mon

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

So a couple of upgraded ballistas and a pimped toon or two are going to make a real mess of anything that gets in range.

Shame I have so many mains, would be nice to be able to reach the rank points needed for this on all 10 toons before hell freezes over, but apparently it’s Ok to kitten myself by switching toons as it’s ‘character (re) progression’.

Makes having these abilities character bound almost as stupid as having Wexp character bound- 25% is insane.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

This cant be serious? Why not increase keep door/wall HP while you are at it? And also change the name of the game to TurtleWars.

To be honest we need more turtling in WvW anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

The tool tip for the second tier of the Cannon Mastery and Ballista Mastery abilities shows the wrong percent increase. The tool tip for both of these should say that it increases damage by 25%

Matt: Could you quickly clarify a question that was raised about the abilities: Are the effects for each level cumulative or additive? For example, does tier 2 of Guard Killer upgrade your damage to 2% TOTAL, or does it ADD 2% damage for that tier, for a total of 3% (1%+2%)?

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Honestly it doesn’t make no sense by comparison with the defensive stats against siege weapons increase (25% vs 5%) unless those are wrong as well. They should balance each other out offense and defense.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in WvW

MrHaze.3690

Honestly it doesn’t make no sense by comparison with the defensive stats against siege weapons increase (25% vs 5%) unless those are wrong as well. They should balance each other out offense and defense.

5% reduced damage from all types of siege – Rams, Catapults, Trebuchets, Ballistae, Arrow Carts, Golems, Burning Oil, Cannons, Mortars.
vs.
25% increased damage from ballistae or cannons.

Seems fine to me.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

5% reduced damage from all types of siege – Rams, Catapults, Trebuchets, Ballistae, Arrow Carts, Golems, Burning Oil, Cannons, Mortars.
vs.

Seems fine to me.

So, basically 45% reduced damage from Siege if you take them all into account. That seems reasonable to me.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in WvW

Posted by: fancy dagger feast.7520

fancy dagger feast.7520

Matt: Could you quickly clarify a question that was raised about the abilities: Are the effects for each level cumulative or additive? For example, does tier 2 of Guard Killer upgrade your damage to 2% TOTAL, or does it ADD 2% damage for that tier, for a total of 3% (1%+2%)?

Please answer this if it is ADDitive maxing out the supply tree would mean you could hold 25 supply total which would be sweeeeeet!

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

So, basically 45% reduced damage from Siege if you take them all into account. That seems reasonable to me.

I’d say that math is more then a little bit off.

Its cool that a dev actually did come here and communicated this bit of information.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

vs.

Seems fine to me.

Your math is way off lol. MrHaze said it correctly.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: loseros.5912

loseros.5912

Yeah it’s kinda confusing. You don’t know if each level adds more to the previous lvls or not.

Because 1+2+3+4+5 supply extra are 15 extra, adding to this the extra 15 you can carry yourself eith the camp upgraded it’s like: hey! We are 10 guys and can build 5 arrow carts and 4 rams! Just us!
Or no wait! We’re 10 and can build 3 siege ninja golems!

Asterilla
Ranger charr 80, Guardian asura 80

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Yeah it’s kinda confusing. You don’t know if each level adds more to the previous lvls or not.

Because 1+2+3+4+5 supply extra are 15 extra, adding to this the extra 15 you can carry yourself eith the camp upgraded it’s like: hey! We are 10 guys and can build 5 arrow carts and 4 rams! Just us!
Or no wait! We’re 10 and can build 3 siege ninja golems!

And a mesmer drops timewarp so you can build them faster!!!!!

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

loseros.5912

Yeah, imagin 30 supply each… a zerg of 30 it’s a mobile fortress warehouse… 900 supplys lololol

Asterilla

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

speedbuild omegas? np, a squad can do it!

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Yeah, imagin 30 supply each… a zerg of 30 it’s a mobile fortress warehouse… 900 supplys lololol

And where do you take those 900 supplies from? Supply camps are capped at 100, so you would either wait or claim 9 camps. Or you could suck your home keep or SN from full to 50%.

And then you kill a doliak and all supplies go from 30 to 10. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

1st lvl of cannon mastery says: Basic fire removes boons.

Anyone can say how many boons?

in WvW

Svarty.8019

I made the assumption in my previous post that it was NOT additive. That was a mistake on my part and I concur that this needs clarification. If it WERE additive, then the numbers would appear to be far more sensible (at first glance).

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: archmag.1259

archmag.1259

I agree that numbers would make much more sense and would be comparable to +25% bonus to damage that was mentioned in first post, if they are additive. Two last lines provide additive effects, so why other lines would not? I also would like to hear a clarification to this issue, but even without it we will discover it as soon as someone gets to 60 points and spend them on Supply line.

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

vs.

Seems fine to me.

Wow…

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Those buffs are really unbalanced and minor.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

We are working on getting an FAQ about some of the confusion of the abilities. It should be out soon.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

You guys rock!…

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I for one welcome our new balista mastery overlords.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Makes sense really. Cannons are usually blown to pieces in the first ten seconds of the battle and ballista require a straight line of sight, meaning that they only tend to be put down in limited situations anyway.

You could double their damage and in all honesty you wouldn’t see much difference. Mainly in that anyone getting on the cannon will be aoe’d to death almost instantly and the ballista will likely be zerged down or simply avoided.

Giving that bonus to arrow carts would be a lot more frightening.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I for one welcome our new balista mastery overlords.

Not even flattery will spare you from our wrath. Every last supply carrier will be destroyed!

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

This seems like a Zerg nerf IMO, which is a good thing charge straight in get your butt handed to you

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Wow, kind of wish I didn’t waste points so far, for a 2% reduction in siege damage.

An increase range on Ballistas, and a 25% increase in damage will be a Zerg buster. Ten of these, and you won’t get near a keep/tower without first building Catapults, and/or Trebuchets.

I’d hate to walk into a supply camp with well placed Ballista, with the operators having this.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Svarty.8019

Wow, kind of wish I didn’t waste points so far, for a 2% reduction in siege damage.

An increase range on Ballistas, and a 25% increase in damage will be a Zerg buster. Ten of these, and you won’t get near a keep/tower without first building Catapults, and/or Trebuchets.

I’d hate to walk into a supply camp with well placed Ballista, with the operators having this.

That’s the case BEFORE anybody has it.

in WvW

loseros.5912

Btw the new skill of the ballista sucks. Short range, and you don’t really aim… that skill should be at least to aim in a cone. Not target based (which is ridiculous since you need a straight horizontal line of sight to hit anything, even if you target someone in range of the skill)

Asterilla

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

New skill seems bugged. It’s that i want the +25% extra damage but the Spread Shot doesn’t seem to be working properly.

You have to have a target but it doesn’t actually aim at it. The shots just go in a straight line and dissapear in thin air. I have tried it numerous times with different ballistas on different enemies with different distances. I only had a hit once and that was on a target standing VERY close to the ballista. But the animation is pretty slow so i doubt the skill is designed just for super close gameplay. Looking forward to the FAQ btw!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

I opened this up today and tested it a bit – here’s a video showing the skill tooltip and how it works. Note the targer is pretty far away. Also note that none of the bolts seems to hit the target, it appears to just do an AoE effect and score a hit regardless.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube