Cant get map completion due to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I will try to type this in a way that I dont seem ignorant of what commanders and large zergs do and are for in WvW.
Here’s my situation…

I am at 94% at the moment, I have completion for my own servers homelands and one of the other homelands is complete. But there is 5 things left that I need in WvW and no commander or large group will dare take those 3 in EB and 2 in Isle of Janthir Homelands, even though they literally have one small corner in EB and with that being the last Vista and Poi’s that I need.
I ask can we go take the ‘smaller’ fort the answer is “no” or “not on commanders watch” I understand to fight back the main force and if it’s out of the way then keep it out of the way I guess but since February and noone seems to care or want map completion?? Or everyone but me has it by now.. So, should I wait another month OR switch to their losing server in hope that I can get those last few and then raise enough gold to switch back?
The server I am in is Devona’s Rest..
Does anyone else have this problem in their server??

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

you’re honestly probably better off spending that gold on your own commander tag and leading a zerg to attack said tower.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in WvW

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

you’re honestly probably better off spending that gold on your own commander tag and leading a zerg to attack said tower.

maybe so, but id definitely be the worst commander ever… and I dont want that xDD

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Transfer or join a guild that matters in WvW.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Devon has already said they’re planning to have servers within a tier alternate colours.

So if you wait long enough your problem will be solved.

Otherwise: ninja cap.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I know how you feel OP. I’d have map completion done if it wasn’t for PVE.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

I’m going to have to guess one of those POI’s and Vistas is Veloka? If you’re going to have an attempt at Veloka with anything but a large group, you’re going to have a bad time. Veloka is probably the last tower you should make an attempt at when hitting red, unless you ninja it.

Love

in WvW

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yup I have 2 vista’s and one poi very close together to get, been waiting months now and our server never gets anywhere near them.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Buy some rams, break doors and walk in.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Wv3 isn’t that scary and it can be fun you can’t expect things the easy way, on my server we’ve worked hard for months to get to the challenges of Tier 1 but stick around and help your server out long enough and you ’ll get things eventually. One way or another at the end of the day Anet decided it was a good idea to have world completion in wvw perhaps to get people to try it out and get involved with their own wvw community.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

Or just wait until your server switches to the colour on the side of the map you’re waiting for.

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

ANet is aware of this problem and said that they will make servers switch sides more often. That should solve your problem!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Dana Hawkeye.9724

Dana Hawkeye.9724

To the AG member that helped me (the necro character) get the Skill point in the south of the Riverside BL map, thank you. I also believe you were the same one that shared the capping of the vista to the left of it a few minutes later with me. As you were honourable, I let you be. I salute you, an enemy.

Scouts of Tyria [SoT]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

4 weeks in a kitten row now, facing the same bloody servers…., and still haven’t managed to be swapped location wise, or get my 100% world completion.

Arena net, PLEASE find a way so people who enter WvW have the option to go as combatants or just for the sake of getting their 100% world completions, and make those people unable to kill or be killed..

in WvW

Posted by: Minu.5792

Minu.5792

Arena net, PLEASE find a way so people who enter WvW have the option to go as combatants or just for the sake of getting their 100% world completions, and make those people unable to kill or be killed..

Arena net, PLEASE ignore the above post. These people should not be allowed to take up valuable spots within WvW, if they are only serving their own interests. We need WvWers in WvW.

If of course, you want to make WvWers invulnerable in Fractals, I am all for that as a trade off. Easy way for some nice shiny gear with no fear of dying or failing, nice way to subsidise my WvW costs!

Minu, Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Whitebeard.5172

Whitebeard.5172

Have you tried whispering your opponents to see if you could work something out to get the POI?
I know people had the same problem that your having in our tier when Kain held the maps, Kaineg was contacted via whispers or on the boards and arranged for the people to get the POI before reset.
Ask, many people wont have a problem with it.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

Funny, but I have a similar problem. I can’t seem to get my legendary because of all the gold it takes and the only way to make gold fast is in pve.

I have everything done since december and guess what still no lengendary.

Its ok for you guys anet is going to have server rotations in wvw to make it easier for pvers to get legendaries. Next up they will just give you carebears free gift of mastery and won’t even need a mesmer in jp to teleport you for badges because everything for a pver suppose to be on easy mode.

This way all carebears can spam there gear in lions arch and think they are almighty and then die almost instantly if they fight against a hardcore wvwer if they dared to step foot in wvw or spvp.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

(edited by Jeda.5209)

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

The stupidest thing is the way the maps and colors are organized.
If you play green, the wining server, in EB, you can hit any of the green towers with trebs deployed in the outer wall of you main keep, a huge advantage in defensive terms.
If you play red it’s the same.
But if you play blue, you can’t hit Durios or QL the same way.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

4 weeks in a kitten row now, facing the same bloody servers…., and still haven’t managed to be swapped location wise, or get my 100% world completion.

I’d have my map completion if PvE wasn’t in the way, I mean, why should I have to enter PvE just to get World Completion when I mainly do WvW? Sounds silly when you say it from our point of view, huh?

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Yeah, I would have map completion done too if I didn’t have to enter PvE to do it. I absolutely hate any and everything PvE related, so I just simply don’t do it. I supposed I could complain on the forums, but is is a waste of time.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I’d have my map completion if PvE wasn’t in the way, I mean, why should I have to enter PvE just to get World Completion when I mainly do WvW? Sounds silly when you say it from our point of view, huh?

Yeah that silly mini-game PvE… oh wait… PvE is the MAIN content, with WvW being the mini-game and just one part of the End Game Content.

We don’t have to do sPvP to get map completion, at least not beyond the mists, and I think you are missing the point. You don’t like the “Carebears” running around your maps? Arrange days for map completions for all sides regularly and get it out of the way so you can get back to your WvW SRSBZNS.

Seriously, not everyone wants to play like you do, and there is an obvious challenge in the ranking system that doesn’t allow for reasonable match-ups. You don’t want to hear the complaints? Don’t read the threads.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Yeah that silly mini-game PvE… oh wait… PvE is the MAIN content, with WvW being the mini-game and just one part of the End Game Content.

We don’t have to do sPvP to get map completion, at least not beyond the mists, and I think you are missing the point. You don’t like the “Carebears” running around your maps? Arrange days for map completions for all sides regularly and get it out of the way so you can get back to your WvW SRSBZNS.

Seriously, not everyone wants to play like you do, and there is an obvious challenge in the ranking system that doesn’t allow for reasonable match-ups. You don’t want to hear the complaints? Don’t read the threads.

Seriously, not everyone wants to play like you, and most of the match ups are pretty darn close. You don’t want hear the complaints? Don’t read the threads that are in the WvW forums.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Hang in there. Color rotations are incoming.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

World completion generally has the goal of getting a legendary weapon.

What is the cost of server transfer compared to, like, any of the ingredients to make a legendary?

For a WvW player, doing the dungeons to get the tokens for some of the ingredients requires learning a new game mode, different strategies and maybe even re-speccing/re-gearing. A PvE player applying the same process to WvW should have no problem accessing all the POI/vistas.

Just be patient and color rotation will be implemented, or transfer, or sack up and run a guild WvW night.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

Most servers take it easy on early Friday. (reset day) Get some friends together or make it a server event. Build superior rams (recipe can be found Here) Hit a few supply camps and then hit the objectives you need in force. More than likely the resistance will be pretty low.

Also I have noticed that a lot of servers take Fri, and pretty much turn it into a karma train day constantly flipping towers and keeps in order to farm WvW xp since no one really defends you could try finding a group like this.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

in WvW

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Got the same problem i dont enjoy WvW at all but i check it everyday and my server got always same camps

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I cant finish map completion because of the 340+ bloody heart quests that I would have to do.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

BadHabitZz.1856

I cant finish map completion because of the 340+ bloody heart quests that I would have to do.

well atleast you dont need whole server to get some kittening vistats and pois

in WvW

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

I know how you feel OP. I’d have map completion done if it wasn’t for PVE.

LOL! That has to be my favorite response in any forum, I’m right there with ya =)

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Tots.3056

Tots.3056

As a DR commander I can say that we cap all those POI’s at least once every couple days, just spend a little more time checking up on wvw. At least you’re not tier 1 where people wait weeks.

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

Isle of Janthir? Add me and I will PM you if your server got that PoI or Vista.

I am from Isle of Janthir and all my 4 characters have map completion in WvW.

What I mean is, all towers and PoI are always swapping colors, you just need the timing.

My offer stands. I can PM you if your server get the PoI or Vista you need on my server.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

in WvW

BadHabitZz.1856

As a DR commander I can say that we cap all those POI’s at least once every couple days, just spend a little more time checking up on wvw. At least you’re not tier 1 where people wait weeks.

i play at desolation which i believe is T1 and we are last everytime i join…

in WvW

Posted by: Slyk.1452

Slyk.1452

funny posts,.. and what will you do about the 500 combatant tokens ,? I think best bet is to just WvW for awhile,and learn to enjoy it and eventually them towers will turn , it really isn’t that bad ,. daily jump puzzle = around 8 to 12 badges right daily , ,still a lot of time , and you can cut that dramatically to less than half the time , so man up and join the fray, help your server , good day!

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Two answers:
1) Devona is not far ahead of IoJ, when IoJ beats you will be red (see http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA)
2) You are in Tier 6, that most likely means your tier has a bad night coverage.
Organize 5 people at 4am to get in (if it is Veloka, probably best with catas from the backside).

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

BadHabitZz.1856

funny posts,.. and what will you do about the 500 combatant tokens ,? I think best bet is to just WvW for awhile,and learn to enjoy it and eventually them towers will turn , it really isn’t that bad ,. daily jump puzzle = around 8 to 12 badges right daily , ,still a lot of time , and you can cut that dramatically to less than half the time , so man up and join the fray, help your server , good day!

Nothing, i already got them because i could do that by my own i didnt need whole server to do it but the vistats and pois are different story. Iam not saying i should be able to take them alone, all i want is WvW beeing excluded from 100% map completion and give ppl some title for completing WvW so they could feel special.
Its like forcing PvP players to do dungeons to get PvP armor…it just doesnt make sense to me…

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

in WvW

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

let’s be honest…part of the reason why the WvW stuff was included in map completion was to encourage/force players to idk…PLAY WVW. There’s no hearts…there isn’t tons of sp’s like Orr, its designed to force you to participate in WvW at least a little bit. The only one’s that should be difficult to obtain are the ones in EB…and thats just because SM and the Keeps don’t flip THAT often. But the rest of the bl’s stuff flip’s often enough over the course of a week or two that it’s easily possible to get map completion on the other bl’s. If you want to go in and have 0 intention of actually doing WvW, just wanna PvE ur POI’s/Vista’s/SP’s in the bls, then the problem isn’t the dev’s, it’s that you are doing things contrary to the purpose of them including it in map completion. There’s a reason you need badges of honor AND map completion for a legendary…its not a coincidence.

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Just wait for SF to plow through your tier. It will shake up the rankings.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

If you haven’t played WvW before then you should be forgiven for not understanding this. Nevertheless, I’m going to just come out and say it:

You do not just roll up to a tower and capture it. Especially not when its heavily upgraded and defended and especially not when committing a large number of players will cause you to lose territory elsewhere that you can defend properly.

Fully upgraded + defended keeps require alot of time and manpower to break down. You first need to starve it of supply. The plan is to kill every supply dolyak en route to the keep or to hold adjacent supply camps against the opposing team for a long period of time.

When you have supply control, the goal is to then drain the keep supply to zero. This will require multiple hit and runs over many hours where the sole purpose is to destroy cannons, mortars and defensive siege weapons forcing the enemy team to rebuild it.

An attacker is at an enormous disadvantage against defenders who can regroup and retreat behind walls and use siege weapons like arrow carts and ballistas to control your movement, funnelling you into choke points and other death zones.

It is imperative that you do not wipe as players will question the commander’s judgement and the system breaks down. Morale is very important so you do not give your team an objective that is impossible to fulfill.

After multiple rounds of siege busting you then need to maneuver a large number of enemy players out of position – either by using waypoints to get positional advantage or you use your own territory as collateral. You basically let large numbers of enemy forces attack one of your keeps and fully commit so they cannot react in time to save their keep, but you have the bare minimum number of defenders to hold.

There are many things to think about that involve reading the map, reading the battlefield, reading your team’s morale, reading supply, when you will need it and when your opponent will need it. How much they will need and where they can get it from.

Territory close to an opponent’s spawn is always more difficult to capture and it has been designed this way, due to proximity to their spawn waypoint. Every one of your players that dies in enemy territory has to run back for 3 minutes. Every one of their players that dies near their spawn can run back in 20 seconds.

So when people used to PM me asking to capture the north towers in an enemy borderland I tried to be polite but the reality is that you don’t just roll up and take a north tower from a BL defender. They have waypoint advantage and terrain advantage. Even if you could capture it, you can’t hold it because the only supply camp that can upgrade a north tower is the northern most supply camp. An attacker cannot realistically hold this supply camp against a defender. The citadel waypoint means they can teleport their entire army back and defend it with full force in seconds.

You do not want to subject your team to losses and attrition to do this unless you have East/West keep waypoints so you can reinforce quicker.

Taking down full upgraded keeps and towers near enemy spawn is a process that takes hours. It then takes many hours to upgrade them so you can move on and react in time when it gets sieged.

From the perspective of someone who plays WvW for tactics and strategy, what you are asking is unreasonable. I’ve organized teams to stealth capture north towers before, only to have players get the POI, say thanks and then leave before we even took out the Lord. I remember one very frustrating instance where I did this with a 4 man team and 2 players left after getting the POI. We couldn’t capture the tower because we couldn’t 2 man the lord with 2 defenders.

For these reasons I think that WvW maps should not count towards map completion but it is what it is. You will get map completion but you have to play WvW and make an effort to understand how you can roll up a WvW map. In turn, veteran players should treat you with respect and teach you all of this whenever they can. It is not something you can just “get” in a day.

For reference, I played WvW solidly from September 2012 to the end of March 2013 (to the exclusion of basically every other aspect of the game) and I still don’t have all of the WvW map completions. Time and positioning is sometimes so critical that I never stopped and detoured to get a vista point. The integrity, timing and positioning of your team(s) is the most important thing bar none.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

^There is a way of taking a fully upgraded keep tho.
It requires a big zergball with loads of mesers and 5 Omegas.

@OP: How about the following scenario? You just ask your commander, whether he will be willing to zerg down their keep to strip it of its waypoint and supply, letting you in turn get the Vista, if you bought him 5 Omegas to take down the gates.

On the other hand, if you buy 5 omegas, you might aswell simply transfer servers with that gold instead, unless you already got a bunch of alpha prints from JP runs or surplus badges. Transferring comes with smaller risk :P

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

I cant get it beacse you have to run around alot of PVE maps =)

in WvW

Besetment.9187

^There is a way of taking a fully upgraded keep tho.
It requires a big zergball with loads of mesers and 5 Omegas.

And hence some of the problems with WvW. Omega rushes should come at a heavy cost because of how supply intensive they are. You only see this stuff work in hopelessly imbalanced matchups. In very balanced matchups you have to weigh the cost of draining an entire borderland’s worth of supply on a keep take that might fail.

Then again, if you have a massive numbers/timezone coverage advantage, none of that matters. Shrugs.

Even handing a commander 5x Omegas is not a good enough incentive to capture a tower or keep when there is no sense in doing so. You are just throwing away money to take something you cannot realistically hold for any length of time that matters.

At best you capture say, a north tower and then the next 2 hours you have to spend trying to hold it when its impossible to upgrade, where you are miles away from your nearest respawn point and literally leaving it for more than 3 minutes is enough for the gate to go down to a 12 man triple ram rush.

At worst, the rush fails and you lose an entire WvW map’s worth of supply which irreversibly screws you on the counter attack.

In WvW you never do anything for one person. You do it for your whole team – everyone who is playing WvW and working together.

Golem rushes have a heavy cost in matches that are well balanced. Unfortunately, most of my time in WvW has been spent playing in matchups where lots of players tried to upset that balance via server transfers.

The price of golem rushing is not so high when you have such an enormous numbers/coverage advantage that it doesn’t matter how much supply you waste on failed rush #12.

If the OP is in a hopeless matchup, its probably easiest to farm CoF for gold, wait until the tier 3 matchup changes and then transfer to green server in tier 3. That server will 100% everything over night due to massive Oceanic/SEA timezone advantage.

But if theres any way I can encourage 1 player joining WvW, (even if its only for 1 POI), I’d rather they joined up for the right reasons and to do the right things. Not stack on green server, throw golems at the problem until it goes away, get your POI and leave forever. WvW is broken enough as it is without encouraging this kind of mentality.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

To sumarise this thread(!):

IF you are not stuck in the bottom tier(!), this:

and this:

Or just wait until your server switches to the colour on the side of the map you’re waiting for.

If you are not prepared to wait to change colours then try playing out of hours – do a few night shifts. Get your own group of 5 or 6 players and you will be surprised what you can cap at 3AM. Or you will find every few days your night-capping team will do it for you!

I was stuck with 99% completion for a couple of weeks, but one day we ran rampant over EB in the early hours and the job was done. And, BTW, a few weeks later and we are playing the colour I needed anyway

If all this sounds like hard work then I am afraid:

let’s be honest…part of the reason why the WvW stuff was included in map completion was to encourage/force players to idk…PLAY WVW. There’s no hearts…there isn’t tons of sp’s like Orr, its designed to force you to participate in WvW at least a little bit. The only one’s that should be difficult to obtain are the ones in EB…and thats just because SM and the Keeps don’t flip THAT often. But the rest of the bl’s stuff flip’s often enough over the course of a week or two that it’s easily possible to get map completion on the other bl’s. If you want to go in and have 0 intention of actually doing WvW, just wanna PvE ur POI’s/Vista’s/SP’s in the bls, then the problem isn’t the dev’s, it’s that you are doing things contrary to the purpose of them including it in map completion. There’s a reason you need badges of honor AND map completion for a legendary…its not a coincidence.

Map completion is not supposed to be easy. you need to complete the different elements of the game.

But for those in the bottom tier with no hope capping other corner towers I do get your pain. I do think Anet should allow one free transfer every 6 months (or so), starting with one free transfer when you buy the game. It DOES seem unfair that people, especially those who find they love WvW, but also those unable to get map completion, have to “pay to play” (at least in the way other servers do) just because of their choice of server at the start. I would guess many noobs to the game would think a low/med population server was a GOOD thing when starting out and WvW may not be something they researched deeply when choosing. I did think about specifically allowing transfers from the bottom tier servers, so WvW fans can get out, but I think that might really doom those servers to a perpetual bottom tier fate. My suggestion may do the same, but its less likely and I think fairer. it also allows T1 players to move to get less queueing/lag, but keeps moves to a level that it doesn’t throw the balance constantly into confusion!

Piken Square

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Free transfer every 6 months? Oh god…

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Free transfer every 6 months? Oh god…

Explain? I’m Interested. I’m just concerned to not see people trapped in servers that die (or never lived!). The 6 months figure is flexible. Make it once a year if you like, although I personally think that may be too restrictive. The idea is it is frequent enough to stop people feeling trapped, but infrequent enough that it does not cause chaos with rankings.

The recent Anet free transfer period, if repeated, I think causes the latter, with sudden big shifts, instead of a constant trickle.

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

in WvW

Posted by: Yoji.5610

Yoji.5610

It his funny how some WvW players complain that they have to do PvE to get map completion. I know those comments aren’t always meant serious and I see that being distracted from what you want to play (WvW in your case) and being forced to play something you do not like (PvE maps) if you want a legendary weapon, sucks.
But considering I got my PvE map completion from three afternoons of casual PvE, the two months I am waiting now on my WvW map completion seems a bit stupid. And I actually like WvW. I had no problems at all getting my badges of honor from actually doing WvW and joining our servers team speak community from time to time. It was really fun to be honest.
I play on Desolation, which is a Tier 1 EU WvW server. We have been red since forever now and are basically on hibernation now. The weird points system prevents of from dropping a tier although that actually seems to be the new goal of some of the bigger WvW guilds on our sever. Or at least so it seems to me. EU Tier 1 is seriously screwed up, I can tell you. All I need is Langor Gulch POI, the one vista in the blue keep and the vista and POI in the green keep. So far I have never seen those taken by our server and I am in WvW on a daylie basis right now (because as I said I actually grown to like it). I would love to just get the stupid map copletion done to be able to just enjoy WvW and play with whatever character I want, instead of sticking to my Guardian, which has 99% map completion , in case we get lucky and take a keep or that stupid Langor. Ninja capping and off hours were not an option so far, since most servers, especially on EB, are really active even at night and in the morning.
I hope the WvW team will implement the randomization of colors within a tier soon! It would help to get rid of all the non-WvW enthusiasts and also would make things more versatile. I have defended Anza a so many times, retook Speldan and Ogrewatch several times a day etc. but I would like to defend or take some other castles in different strategical positions too. This would solve so many problems.
As of now, WvW map completion is just stupid and luck/server/tier based. If anything it discourages me to play WvW and encourages me to just look out for stupid Vistas and POIs.

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

We’ve taken Veloka at least once in the past 3 weeks or so of our matchup against IoJ and DH… and I know we have turned IoJ’s BL completely blue in the past 2 weeks. The problem is being on long enough for us to hold it. Weekday mornings EST are a good time, as DH’s presence dwindles then, and right before reset, as DR’s presence balloons. If you’re not getting it during the times you are normally on, try to switch it up a bit.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

This happened to me – I had one vista and two POI remaining at/close to the Blue Keep in EB, and they didn’t change hands for weeks and weeks, nor did server colors rotate (JQ has been green in T1 for months). In the end I had to server transfer for a week, grab the POIs and vista and then stay out of WvW until it was time to transfer back, to avoid being accused of spying.

Not a good way to finish World Completion at all, but pretty much the only way in the T1 environment. I think we may not have managed to take that keep in the time since, although it has changed hands from BG to SoR once in the interim.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

It took me less time to get map completeion in WvW then it did to do all map completion in PvE.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

As you can see in this post, the devs are discussing about rotating colors more often – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Can-we-PLEASE-rotate-the-colours-more/first#post1774463 -. As stated, albeit the main idea behind it is not world completion, it will certainly help to accomplish that.

Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.