Catapult Tutorial/Coverage

in WvW

Posted by: DAVYtm.7168

DAVYtm.7168

Hey WvWer’s,

I’m back again with another video! I started a tutorial series covering WvW basics for new players to help lower the learning curve of playing.

Tutorial video #4 is now up, covering anything and everything that is the catapult.

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88PN84cfe3M

Check out http://www.youtube.com/user/DavyCraft. Hope it helps!

in WvW

Posted by: origamiflame.8120

origamiflame.8120

Nice video! Great timing too, with WvW Season 1 right around the corner and all; Keep up the good work!

in WvW

Posted by: FeralGrinn.4265

FeralGrinn.4265

Great vid! Very informative. Hopefully more people watch and learn.

in WvW

Posted by: LordKael.7260

LordKael.7260

Bump for a confused but cool dude <3

Lord Kael – Guardian
Seventh Legion [VII]

in WvW

DAVYtm.7168

Thanks guys

/15char

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Some tips:
You should have showed that it is really important to “face” your target when deploying a catapult, as it would take loads of time to turn it if you throw it in the wrong direction.
Also, you could have shown more “sweet” spots for deploying catapults.
Over 30% of the video is pretty useless, as anyone would understand what “turn left” and “turn right” mean.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in WvW

DAVYtm.7168

Some tips:
You should have showed that it is really important to “face” your target when deploying a catapult, as it would take loads of time to turn it if you throw it in the wrong direction.
Also, you could have shown more “sweet” spots for deploying catapults.
Over 30% of the video is pretty useless, as anyone would understand what “turn left” and “turn right” mean.

Ah, I forgot about mentioning how it’s important to deploy the catapult to face your target. I didn’t mention “sweet” spots because I’ll be doing siege placements in later videos.

As for 30% of the video being useless, it’s for beginners and not people who have played a lot of WvW and already know how to do everything. Sorry you feel that way though!

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Hey Davy thanks for putting this together. It should be good base how to for players newer to WvW.

Saves others time to make training tutorial videos. I’d post this into any server match up threads so others can use to help with there population who might only go to there server or guild websites.

If you ever need a guy to trait into something to help with these videos let me know.

~ X

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

DAVYtm.7168

Hey Davy thanks for putting this together. It should be good base how to for players newer to WvW.

Saves others time to make training tutorial videos. I’d post this into any server match up threads so others can use to help with there population who might only go to there server or guild websites.

If you ever need a guy to trait into something to help with these videos let me know.

~ X

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. Might take you up on that trait offer

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

mind if I add these videos to my guild website?

Hi

in WvW

DAVYtm.7168

mind if I add these videos to my guild website?

As long as I’m given credit or it’s just a link/embed video to the YouTube, I have no problem with that