Changes needed about Mesmer portal bomb

in WvW

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

As if being outnumbered wasn’t enough. I Feel like there is a serious abuse on mesmer portal bombs.

I think the list of correction i have brought out would help it getting balanced.

1. Portals not allowed in wvw = only pve skill
or
2. Cool downs faster to cast the second portal in wvw limiting the range
or
3. Portals not working when this isn’t your keep
or
4. When the other side is outnumbered portals aren’t working

Simple but effective way to balance the entire bombing situation that is beyond trolling at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I seriously hope this is a troll, between this and the Warrior rifle thread I don’t know how much easier everyone want this game to be.

in WvW

Posted by: jason.9548

jason.9548

listen here bud, Lord zudo will not tolerate the idea of portal be removed. mods please remove topic.

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

Enjoy the portal bombs, if it is anything like [TL]s bombs, they’re almost always failures. When they portal, you just get bags by dumping all of your wells on top of it. No need to change portals.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

As if being outnumbered wasn’t enough. I Feel like there is a serious abuse on mesmer portal bombs.

Be specific. What is the abuse? Furthermore, being outnumbered has nothing to do with portal bombs.

I think the list of correction i have brought out would help it getting balanced.

It was really already balanced when only 20 people can go through at a time, which required people to stay behind or play more mesmers.

Why? It’s one skill that requires more team coordination over their other skills. Otherwise you are going to end up with clone spamming condi mesmers.

What would be the point of portals if the range is so limited? At that rate you’d need to remove it.

Why? It gives attacking team a chance to by pass a rather boring time gate in the game mode. Defense has been given so much already with all the feature creep of guild upgrades…

You being outnumbered has nothing to do with the portal skill.

Simple but effective way to balance the entire bombing situation that is beyond trolling at this point.

I hope this is a troll post. I get it. It sucks when you are outnumbered. Nerfing Portals IS NOT the solution to that. That’s a population problem, and skill balance will never resolve it.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

or
or
or

make a mesmer yourself , and learn to play the mechanic.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Indeed!! such op bombs, such cheap underhanded tactics, such abuse of op pve skills… I could not have said it better myself! master has spoken against it! we must see the light of balance in his words!

we should delete all classes and all skills except guardians and staff one!
this is the only valid fair and balanced tactic!
this is the only way to achieve balance!

you can do eet, Anet! we believe!

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Random Weirdness.6750

Random Weirdness.6750

Ahh.. I remember the good ol’ days where OJs would pop up when 5 players attacked something and mesmer portals could port unlimited times. Then they switched it to 25 players and everyone collectively freaked out (for the OJs, don’t remember the reaction to mesmer portals).

I’ve seen outnumbered teams completely wipe a mesmer port group, you just have to pay attention to your surroundings and call it out as soon as you see it appear.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

or
or
or

Personally i disagree with the statement you make. I think the portal is one of the more balanced skills out there.
1 the mesmer who usually is wanted with a veil has to make an important choice,

2. when it comes to porting into keeps or whatnot theressomething all servers have had sicne the beginning. It’s called a “mesmer sweep”. ez pz. everyone knows about this, it is as standard as login into the game itself.

3. Why would outnumber have anything to do with this? World buffs should not affect a players utility skills in such a radical way.

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

When you see them stack up not doing anything, a portal bomb is to be suspected. Get AoE skills ready to place. When you see the portal open drop your AoE on it and if they take it they die if they don’t sure you wasted bombs but you can kite around till they’re ready again and portal with its 72s CD will not be ready in time.

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

I seriously hope this is a troll, between this and the Warrior rifle thread I don’t know how much easier everyone want this game to be.

It’s been said a million times, chase away those who are good and try to raise the skill level Of the game. You will be left but nothing but carebears resulting in The complains we see here now.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

It’s been said a million times, chase away those who are good and try to raise the skill level Of the game. You will be left but nothing but carebears resulting in The complains we see here now.

Isn’t it all we have left already?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I love portal bombs. They are my favourite source of easy bags. And best of all, they pop out right near you so no running around, just wipe them and yum yum bags.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Portal bombs in 2016, lul.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Since I’m pretty old I’m aften nostalgic and even more often telling lengthy stories.
Here it is:

It was my maybe second week in wvw, we were on IoJ, constantly outnumbered, we were maybe 5 with my favourite commander (of all times!!!) and we had CD inner Garrison but they were still at the inner westgate. We chatted what to do next, had no TS, we typed everything and all of the sudden 15 CD ported into our scattered group. They were dead within seconds although we weren’t prepared at all.
I have since seen a lot of portalbombs but only few that worked.

And I agree with DeeSystm – this game has been dumbed down that much that it will be hard not to dumb it down any further. So, be an example and just learn how to deal with Portalbombs properly – it’s not that hard, even I as a noob and clicker could do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Trying to take away the one joy i still have in wvw. Portal bombs with groups of zerk D/D eles with churning earth blowing up groups of uncoordinated scrubs. The only thing D/D ele is useful for anymore is trolling, dont take that away from us too.

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Oh come on. I don’t even like mesmers but this is pathetic.