Character Progression nerfed in patch!

in WvW

Posted by: Maliss.1248

Maliss.1248

WvW bonus chests are now account bound rather than character specific. This is totally immersion breaking my Warrior did not earn an additional 80 bonus chests and ruins any sort of progression I was feeling.

/sarcasm off

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Just like being able to respec your wvw traits. It destroyed months of regret for purchases that were poorly made due to inadequate skill descriptions.

That regret was part of why my thief was the bitter, soulless, baby rabbit killing SOB.

And now it’s gone.

I hope you’re happy.
/rant off
Really – how is it game breaking to have some way to respec your wvw traits?!?!??!?!!?!

in WvW

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Just to make sure I understand this, now if my main character is rank 41 in wvw and i bring an alt, rank 1, I will not gain level up chests on that character?

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Just to make sure I understand this, now if my main character is rank 41 in wvw and i bring an alt, rank 1, I will not gain level up chests on that character?

Nothing at all has indicated that this will be the case.

The bonus WORLD rank chests you receive at the end of every match now will be account bound, I assume so that it’s not automatically bound to a random character you happened to be logged in as when the reward is assigned.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

I think the bonus chests are back from the day when you were able to gain WXP levels, but before they had introduced the WXP chests you now get for every level.

What they did was, for each level you had gained up to that point, you’d get a bonus chest for each additional level you made after that, as many as you had levels up to that point. So, if I was lvl3 when they introduced the chests, I’d get 3 bonus chests. When I hit lvl4, I get the regular WXP level chest, plus a bonus chest. Same for lvl5 and lvl6. At lvl7 I only get the regular WXP chest as I had now caught up on my bonus chests.

Problem was, if you had been playing several characters, you had bonus chests rotting on those toons, until you leveled them enough to get all your bonus chests. I’m hoping, this change means, all your bonus chests on all your toons still outstanding get pooled and whatever character next scores a WXP level gets in a bonus level chest.

At least, this would be nice…

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Posted by: Maliss.1248

Maliss.1248

Problem was, if you had been playing several characters, you had bonus chests rotting on those toons, until you leveled them enough to get all your bonus chests. I’m hoping, this change means, all your bonus chests on all your toons still outstanding get pooled and whatever character next scores a WXP level gets in a bonus level chest.

At least, this would be nice…

Correct just make sure to log in all your alts with WvW chests pending to add them to the “pool”.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Ah!

That explains why I suddenly started getting double chests again. Better go and do a bit of logging then, I have more toons in storage.