Character colision in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Ney Matogrosso.5736

Ney Matogrosso.5736

Hi, this is an issue that I think about: Colision in WvW.
This is possible? whould be a viable increment in WvW?
If characters function as obstacle in WvW this will change the dynamics of combat, I think in a simple way, characters work as a simple obstacles. Frontline characters could block with their bodies small passages, bridges or a broken wall or door, like a medieval army. I don’t know how hardy is to implement this in the programing of the game, but I think that it will change completely the way people think and play WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

it tends to create a lot of lag.

but it indeed would be cool.

Warhammer Online did it, and you could actually have tank walls holding choke points.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

it is not possible, game would be unplayable due colision detection heavy loads.

funny how thief can atack characters on their back clipping trough the adversary
i think it still works.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

GW2 doesnt have character collisions, but it has something else instead – profession specific skills to block the path of enemies. Adding character collision on top of this is only going to bring about an all ranged pirate ship meta the likes of which we’ve never seen.

Now, if you say collision AND friendly fire, we talk fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Ney Matogrosso.5736

Ney Matogrosso.5736

In first time I thought only colision like a barrier, character will be like a mobile piece of scenario, but still be a character that attack, defend and other stuff. Friendly fire is too much for me XD. But this implementation will change the role “stack on commander” and promote more strategic combats, positioning and combat formation than only Stack and run over the enemys.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

It is a perfect way to get rid of zerging. Just imagine what happens when you throw a few AC shots or some red rings on top of a zerg. Everyone tries to run out, and collides with their allies outside of the rings. Or tries to dodge roll and crashes into another player.

I’d laugh myself silly.

Friendly fire is another thing that would completely kill zerging. Just imagine a zerg of 60 players, and the 20 guardians all fires up the loot-sticks #1 and watches the commander in front just go *poof*

I’d love it.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Yes, collision and friendly fire is the best thing to remove the zerg…. But anet will probably never do this. To much work for the server and not casual enough.
With this you can put 2 golem to block a bridge and fire with acs behind… This could help a lot to defend with few people against zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

What happens if a bunch of trolls block your path??? Doesn’t sound fun at all.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

This subject comes up from time to time and one of the reasons this can never happen is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEhqp32XOKQ

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Well, just to clarify one thing, ANet does not want to remove zerging. ANet will never (ever!) remove a reason to play together with other people. It is one of their core tenets in the game, that you should never feel negatively about playing with more people (as in no disadvantage).

So nope, collision detection and friendly fire will never happen, because it is completely opposed to ANet’s game philosophy.

PS: Even if they did make collision detection, they would probably exclude friendly models, to avoid road-blocking-trolling. Just imagine a dozen idiots standing in the way for all the portals in and out of a keep or a tower.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

isn’t collision detection already in the game? I seem to remember it being in the options…

whether they could force-enable it though, is beyond me.

I don’t think it’s an incredibly good idea though, just seems like a lot of pain for a minor amount of strategy. if anything I’d be okay with getting a speed debuff when you’re inside an enemy player, though

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in WvW

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

can just see it for me, a whole guild standing shoulder to shoulder at each exit from the borders… yeah… NOT a good idea

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

What happens if a bunch of trolls block your path??? Doesn’t sound fun at all.

^ This. We already have enough folks intentionally wasting supply or spamming the wrong kind of siege. We really don’t need to let people be able to body block allies from running into a tower/keep portal.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

friendly collision go with friendly fire…. If some troll decide to block some path, just kill it… And on some game, repeated friendly fire, or trolling with blocking path can be reported, and people can get banned for a little time…

in WvW

Substance E.4852

friendly collision go with friendly fire…. If some troll decide to block some path, just kill it… And on some game, repeated friendly fire, or trolling with blocking path can be reported, and people can get banned for a little time…

Friendly fire is even worse and Anet doesn’t have team of dedicated GM’s the same way a pay2play MMO would.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

1: colision is a good thing
2: zerging is a good thing
3: friendly fire is not a good thing

About troll blocking: what if you can pass friends if both of you out of combat? In gw1 there was colision except in peaceful areas. Clash of servers would be fun with it. Maybe if it makes too much lag to servers they should add it to the client side

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Substance E.4852

1: colision is a good thing
2: zerging is a good thing
3: friendly fire is not a good thing

About troll blocking: what if you can pass friends if both of you out of combat?

That would cause so many issues if 2 or more people where clipping into one another and then they got put into combat.

They could just make it displace the people like the game currently does when a bag spawns but that would still not be a cure all.

I can easily imagine the server just “nope!”ing right into a crash from a zerg stacking for might and then having 40+ people get put into combat all on top of one another and the system struggles to scatter everyone into a proper position.