Cheating in WvW

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

We’ve been sending you reports.

We have FoW people running through walls in WvW!!!.

XXX and a bunch of his guildmates are some of them (no respect for cheaters)

Dunno if there are other cases, but we know those because we’ve been seeing them doing it a lot lately (plus UW’s matchup never changes so it’s hard to not suffer from it).

UW’s situation is already hard enough as it is.

Please take appropriate action

[EDIT Mod: Name deleted]

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

(edited by Moderator)

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: muerte.3842

muerte.3842

No point reporting hackers, we have about 8 times as many kodash as us at the minute yet they still have to resort to hacking to take a T3 tower…

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

We’ve sent so many /bug and reports this post is kind of a desperate measure…

Cheaters make the game awful for everyone and i see the few wvw players we have left here in UW give up on wvw completely.
Like I said it’s already a hard fight for us considering how few we are, there is no point in adding cheaters to the equation.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

We (Desolation – tier 1 EU) had an enemy necromancer spawning minions into our lords room in Overlook this morning. Later today we saw a Dev playing on Jade Sea [FR] probably huting that person… funny thing is that the Dev went blobbing on an upscaled, I can only imagine the hate he got xD

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

I can confirm this. I’ve seen 2 of them myself and had reports of 2 others. All in the last two days. We’ve had no problems with hackers the last 3 weeks so It’s a bit suspicious concidering the Miller hacker was just banned and where he came from first… Hopefully this will be dealt with too.

Underworld – [ZERK]

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Our problem here is that devs and/or GMs don’t generally hang out in UW and lowest tier servers^^ So that’s why we rely on shouts like this.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

I posted about this very topic not long ago. GOM had many groups of hackers...even whole guilds of them. Some of which have now moved to Darkhaven. I’m seeing it happen with the other servers we’re playing against also. Players hanging out inside walls, mesmers using known glitches to get into Stonemist inner and other places. It’s ridiculous.

Four people in my home play this game, and 0 will be buying an expansion if this isn’t stopped.

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TheSongBringer.2834

TheSongBringer.2834

I know that people in this forum are frustrated with this, but keep level heads. Report the offenders, convince other players to make use of the report function and continue to post on this issue on the forum. Bump threads that are associated with this.

On my server we are dealing with this a similar issue, where players from a particular guild enjoy destroying siege golems and wasting keep supply. We have approached their guild leader to kick them (which he refused) and then we began to report their offenses. If you have community forums, highlight the issue for them and convince them to get involved as well.

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

I believe Anet has a proof positive kind of way dealing with cheaters. This means no matter how many reports/video/pictures/forum posts you make, a GM has to see the cheater cheat to get the ban hammer. While this a good way to prevent abuse of the system, (ie, getting your guild to report a player who ticked you off). It makes dealing with cheaters slow depending on how many GM’s you have as they have to be continuously going to every cheat report, figuring out if it’s true, dealing with the cheater, then moving on. Not to mention someone having to be around 24/7.

I think everyone can agree we don’t want other players being able to decide wither we can play the game or not, but something more needs to be in place to prevent such cheating.

One thing I can think of is deputizing players with the ability to pass out a temp ban from WvW, just until the GM can look at the issue. This way any abuse of the system will have a someone responsible for it. Additionally I would hope anet can get something like the observer system from gw1. So these deputized players can “Record” the cheaters data on the Server. This way a GM can basically go back in time and watch the cheater in action, rather than waiting for them to do it again.

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

I tried posting and got a ban, i’d be carefull how you word stuff and don’t poke your finger at any server, group or individual. you can reported and banned for that.

Just keep submitting reports for each individual occasion they cheated even if it’s 4/5 times a night as technically they are unique incidents. if enough of you issue reports that are true with enough details (screenshots and videos are not admissable) such as time, place, what toon you were on and the username of the cheater you should get them done but Anet will never perma ban them as they can lie say someone stole his/her account. Max suspension is roughly 2 weeks i think but good luck.

I did the same along with many others from my server and the cheater has not been punished yet. Best you can do is find a very aggresive commander with a tonne of siege golems and go reset all thier stuff in the morning as punishment and just keep it all tier 1 and then message every person from his server you see and tell them why you hit them so hard and that you will focus them all week and forget the other server even if it costs you your victory, we did that and eventually they got the message to leave us alone.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

(edited by GROMIT.7829)

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

I did notice the necro’s are starting to spawn their minions, up top of walls of the keep/tower that they are at. Was in Eternal Battlegrounds, and there were minions spawning on top of the tower I was defending. Also in Jerrifer tower, the enemy is still able to get “grounded” beneath the floor of the courtyard there, and are able to attack people above ground, although we can’t hit or target them. This time is was an Ele with continual dagger/dagger earth attack.

Also was attempting to run down an enemy warrior in Edge of the Mists, finally figured I wasn’t going to able to capture them. Just as I was about to give up the chase, all the sudden this warrior speeds to 120 miles per hour and from a small foot race turned into a V8 engine in a drag race, and exited my view from 10 feet to nothing in less then 3 seconds. I only saw this once before with another warrior in Eternal battlegrounds. At that time, there was no lag, and no FPS skipping. It wasn’t a 15% or 25% speed boost of any sort. It was like a 200% speed boost of some sort.

At one time, thieves were able to shadow step past the first gate on the back side of Valley in Eternal Battlegrounds. Since they were between first and second gate, they could harass the waypoint without nobody knowing where they were. Since when you enter and exit the door into the keep, you’d bypass the thief, and never know he was there. The only time I found out was I had heard the attack, AND SAW, the 2nd gate as if something smacked it. I went up to the oil, looked down, and there was the enemy thief. Keeping our Waypoint contested for hours on end.

So yah, obviously WvW has some issues to work out. But like one of those thieves once told me, on how they were able to shadows step past the first gate is, “Well it’s Anet’s problem, and if their to stupid or lazy to fix it, I’ll continue to do it.” The users of these obvious problems are NOT the one’s that report them, since the problem usually persists months on end. They figure, they can exploit it as long as anet doesn’t fix it. And that’s what they do.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

TheSongBringer.2834

I like the idea of submitting video evidence, or a screenshot along with a report. Along with that I would add that the report function needs more options to describe what is going on, like an “exploit” option.

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

ONCE AGAIN, we are in Underword. Not enough people. NO coverage from GMs and Devs.
So if your telling me that your getting nothing done even when part of a bigger server I have very little hope for us.
Meanwhile FoW is suddenly winning during the night after more than a minth of defeats and despite us pwning them at every zerg fight and dominating during the day….

So yeah… this is a call for help, pure and simple. We have no community (tried, most guild left at the last tournament), not enough people to barely hold our ground (we’ve been WvWing all the time), no apparent GMs and we absolutely DO NOT have either the time nor the motivation to stand there all day to catch a video of some cheating kittens that have been reported a buttload of times…

Sorry for the rant.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

TheSongBringer.2834

I can understand that a lot of cheaters get away with stuff in lower populated servers, because there are not enough people to send in enough reports to catch a GMs eye, or catch the cheater in the act.

I am very sorry that this is the case.

P.S. Hardcore WvWing can burn you out, man. hope you get a break sometimes. :-/

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Meanwhile FoW is suddenly winning during the night after more than a minth of defeats and despite us pwning them at every zerg fight and dominating during the day….

Claiming you win every zerg fight against FoW?
Haha, kitten.. We at [Jd] find you kittens at [Zerk] very tasty.. :p

Oh, and the influx of new players (Americano’s) might explain why the night coverage is better than it used to be..

Sorry for the rant.

No problem, everyone hates hackers..

But srsly, finger pointing a server with ridiculous claims.. Good old UW..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

Oh, and the influx of new players (Americano’s) might explain why the night coverage is better than it used to be..

Are you trying to claim zerk is a zerg guild? lol.

Haven’t played night in a while but it will be interesting to meet these americans(as long as they’re not condi thieves) :P

Let’s stop the hate and leave it at: Everyone hates hackers.

Underworld – [ZERK]

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Are you trying to claim zerk is a zerg guild? lol.

I’m just stating that someone from Zerk is mentioning that they win every zerg fight they have with FoW.. His/her words, not mine.. -)

Haven’t played night in a while but it will be interesting to meet these americans(as long as they’re not condi thieves) :P

Hehe, very understandable, everyone hates condi thieves.. ;-) But yeah, friendly people, unfortunately spending quite some time during the night PvD ing, due to no enemy presence..

Let’s stop the hate and leave it at: Everyone hates hackers.

Amen!

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I hate Jd necros, they melt me fast in larger fights :c

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Sorry for the rant.

But srsly, finger pointing a server with ridiculous claims.. Good old UW..

Yes I may have exaggerated it^^. Let me rephrase it. We have,’t seen proof (more zergs during the day, etc…) that could explain such a sudden shift in dominance over night.
But if you say lots of americanos I guess now we know.

And don’t worry we’re getting roflstomped by WSR so we can battle again pretty soon ; )

Bottom line screw hackers.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MarkBecks.6453

MarkBecks.6453

well we playing SFR again this week, week 3 in a row, but I seem to be smelling some sort of desperation, as in the home border, they have a Trebuchet in their Citadel area focussed on Sunnyhill, and once you claim it, the treb starts, and their is no way of getting it, this is a clear exploit of fair gaming, common guys, you cant be that desperate for a win you have to resort to this behaviour.

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Uh, mod, the Patriots are an NFL, National Football League, American Football team. Not a player or guild in GW2.

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Windsteel.9814

Windsteel.9814

Yesterday I (EU deso)was using cata against SM wall with couple of other people. Suddenly, golem grenades starts to fly from somewhere and our cata was destroyed. Nobody saw any golems or other players, nothing. So invisible golems? Whats next? How do I report these when I cannot see anything to report?

Cheating in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

Yesterday I (EU deso)was using cata against SM wall with couple of other people. Suddenly, golem grenades starts to fly from somewhere and our cata was destroyed. Nobody saw any golems or other players, nothing. So invisible golems? Whats next? How do I report these when I cannot see anything to report?

Not to say it couldn’t be a hack, but, stealth skills work on golems…