China's Squad UI

China's Squad UI

in WvW

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I was watching a chinese stream and I noticed that players in a squad have a special icon as well as purple name plates. Any word on NA/EU receiving anything like this?

Low quality picture attached.

Attachments:

Baer

China's Squad UI

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Purple name plates have been on CN servers since the start. That’s their “VIP” subscribers.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

China's Squad UI

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Purple name plates have been on CN servers since the start. That’s their “VIP” subscribers.

So you’re saying NA/EU are not worthy of VIP status?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

China's Squad UI

in WvW

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

So you’re saying NA/EU are not worthy of VIP status?

Literally nothing he said implied that he thought NA/EU aren’t worthy of VIP status, how did you even interpret that??

Regardless, it has nothing to do with being “worthy”, I think you’ll find most players do not want a VIP service.

China's Squad UI

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

OK, I’ll reword it for you “They’re (Anet)”. Is that better? The rest still stands whether “most” want it or not. It’s an option that is region specific.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

China's Squad UI

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Do some personal research on the VIP status.

It’s a common thing for eastern audiences that works, for them.
It’s absolute garbage for a western market, and a vast majority of players do not want such as system as it actively detracts and pulls core gameplay out and locks it behind a pay wall.

China's Squad UI

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Do you want subscriptions to get access to all content on NA/EU? Well, good for you. I’d rather not.

China's Squad UI

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Do you want subscriptions to get access to all content on NA/EU? Well, good for you. I’d rather not.

From what I read it had nothing to do with content. It was more relative to items on the TP.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.