Claiming queue needs to go

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Currently if there is more than one guild present that is able to claim a structure in WvW, it starts queuing for max of 3 guilds and a timer countdown starts for each guild one after another.

many times these guilds are not claiming and those who actually want to claim the structure needs to wait until the entire countdown completes which is like…I don’t know…15-45 seconds? That is a waste of time.

Claiming queue needs to go.
Whoever clicks first wins and get the claim.

The waiting time is bad because I might need to wait till I can claim it to get my +5 supply. If I just resupply without waiting to claim it, I get less 5 supply! If I wait I waste time! If I run to another claimed structure to get 20 supply I waste time!

If enemy group is right at the doorstep of the structure and I want to claim it to buff my group I can’t!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

in WvW

Posted by: Ultra Hades.4691

Ultra Hades.4691

Ohhhhhhhh you mean how it was before there was a claiming queue, where people could troll it? Your suggestion is bad, because the current system allows it both ways. If it’s like you say the the guilds in queue don’t ‘want’ to claim, then ‘Whoever clicks first wins and get the claim’.

[WL] Kin Bear

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Ohhhhhhhh you mean how it was before there was a claiming queue, where people could troll it? Your suggestion is bad, because the current system allows it both ways. If it’s like you say the the guilds in queue don’t ‘want’ to claim, then ‘Whoever clicks first wins and get the claim’.

yea but then you will have to wait 15-45 seconds for all the timer to run down because most of the time these players who don’t claim don’t close the claim box either.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

All we need is a flashing “Don’t Claim” box beside the “Claim” box.

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

literally all it needs is a ‘skip’ button so the next guild can claim..

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

“Skip” would work for me.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Currently if there is more than one guild present that is able to claim a structure in WvW, it starts queuing for max of 3 guilds and a timer countdown starts for each guild one after another.

many times these guilds are not claiming and those who actually want to claim the structure needs to wait until the entire countdown completes which is like…I don’t know…15-45 seconds? That is a waste of time.

Claiming queue needs to go.
Whoever clicks first wins and get the claim.

The waiting time is bad because I might need to wait till I can claim it to get my +5 supply. If I just resupply without waiting to claim it, I get less 5 supply! If I wait I waste time! If I run to another claimed structure to get 20 supply I waste time!

If enemy group is right at the doorstep of the structure and I want to claim it to buff my group I can’t!

I agree.

It doesn’t work.

It’s far too slow and it leaves guilds out constantly.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

This isn’t an issue worth spending resources on right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

I think it should be offered to tag’s guild and then open or just open if no tag.

Should be a commander perk to get first dibs. I believe and correct me if wrong, that the order of the 3 claims are in order of dps on lord?

Make it a 10sec to open claim after offered to tag’s guild that was in circle at claim.

That will allow the main guild / zerg taking something like hills the claim glory and then a free for all if they decided not to take, where often you can find a 2 tag situation in hills with dedicated guild groups + pugs but one of the zergs takes defense on bridge and allows first to show up zerg who threw siege on initial outer wall to take lord and claim.

Atleast on my server that’s how we run…generally the organiz3d guild tags play nice and use teamwork. May not apply everywhere.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

For larger structures, where maybe many guilds were involved in taking it, I don’t object to the current system. However, for a camp that I took by myself? Nope!

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I still find it a bit odd when i have claim on a t3 garri with full upgrades slotted I still get the claim pop on a camp. That should not be the case imo.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

literally all it needs is a ‘skip’ button so the next guild can claim..

You can already close the claim window to ‘skip’. The next guild in queue gets to claim immediately.

The OP is complaining about the 10-30 second delay when the other guild(s) do not bother to click ‘skip’.

I don’t see this delay as a major quality of life issue. But I would suggest a small change anyway:

The delay could be reduced by allowing the second and the third guild to express their desire to claim within the 10 first seconds. Their claim would not succeed until the first guild ‘skips’ or the 10 seconds passes. Then the maximum time to wait for the 4th and other guilds to claim would be 10 seconds instead of 30.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

The way the queue works confuses me. I wasn’t going to claim anyway but I was roaming, cleared out a camp solo, while waiting for it to tick over 3 players in a guild joined me in the circle. When it was captured they were given priority to claim. Nothing against leeching, I’ve done it myself if another player from the same server has beaten me to the camp and cleared it out before I got there but putting the ones who leeched ahead in the queue?

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

The way the queue works confuses me. I wasn’t going to claim anyway but I was roaming, cleared out a camp solo, while waiting for it to tick over 3 players in a guild joined me in the circle. When it was captured they were given priority to claim. Nothing against leeching, I’ve done it myself if another player from the same server has beaten me to the camp and cleared it out before I got there but putting the ones who leeched ahead in the queue?

The number of players representing a guild taking part in the capture is the deciding factor. 3 players > 1 player.

When the numbers are equal, then I don’t know. Random?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I think the OP doesn’t know what it was like before the claim que. It’s a fantastic change. I do, however, think it should prioritize the guild of someone wearing a tag.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.