Cloaking Waters is straight up OP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Confession, I abused the kitten out of this thing last night. The OP-ness became quickly obvious watching a zerg use this. I know it isn’t easy to get but once a side has access to it, no amount of preparation by the enemy can withstand a sea of red suddenly exploding on top of them.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Remember the days when people had to use their class abilities and work together as a team to fight the enemy?

Yeah.

Forget about that kitten. This is the age of gimmicky features.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I just wonder what the enemy sees when we are “invisible” from that AND marked by a sentry. Do you not see the players, but see the dots on the mini-map?

But back to OP – broken as all get out. Way worse than the airship because it lasts so long……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Carambola.1273

Carambola.1273

Br will understand… huehuehue

https://youtu.be/8lUAMSbHR7M

~Mag

Ultimate Legion Brazil

in WvW

Posted by: Kappell.1923

Kappell.1923

This is the most fun part of the game, if OP or not, does not matter, the important thing we deserve.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

It’s totally worth the 25 gold ticket price from our guild scribe in ME (that’s how much it costs to make one instance of it). We used it to surprise wipe a blob in the SMC lords room at least 8 times before they gave up. They almost get wise to it since it doesn’t tag ranger pets and a few pugs will blow their cover early on squirrels.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I haven’t seen anyone use this yet, probably because it’s so hard to get, but maybe also because I haven’t logged into WvW for about 2.5 weeks. Stupid crap like this, banners, and being able to kill 2 zergs with a pull of a lever, having multiple abilities able to one shot you, stab being useless, just makes the game flat out, not fun anymore. I’m sure cloaking waters is op as all hell. Done any golem rushes on keeps yet with that?

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Carambola.1273

Carambola.1273

Im still laughing about the remembering “when people had to use their class abilities and work together as a team to fight the enemy”….

~2 servers working as a team against 1 server~

Yeah, I remember it.

~Mag

Ultimate Legion Brazil

in WvW

Liston.9708

I haven’t seen anyone use this yet, probably because it’s so hard to get, but maybe also because I haven’t logged into WvW for about 2.5 weeks. Stupid crap like this, banners, and being able to kill 2 zergs with a pull of a lever, having multiple abilities able to one shot you, stab being useless, just makes the game flat out, not fun anymore. I’m sure cloaking waters is op as all hell. Done any golem rushes on keeps yet with that?

Oh my – must see if golems go invis now…..

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I think it is an awesome addition to spice up the gameplay. You are attacking a castle….it’s not supposed to be easy stop complaining and work on improving your skill (stealth removers….COUGH COUGHHh).

I don’t get why you people complain about every little environmental thing in wvsw. Siege is kitten….walls are kitten…gates are kitten….guild upgrades are kitten….guards are kitten…lords are kitten. My god! You should be advocating for a new map/gamemode where it’s just TERRAIN AND PLAYERS. Absolutely no PVE whatsoever to pin you down. At that point you can just complain about cliffs and water….so then you can advocate for a flat terrain with nothing on it whatsoever! And then you’ll complain that it’s boring and too streamlined and handholding gamemode…..and you will want pve again.

Idk if you guys are serious or you are just trolling for kicks.

WvsW is pvp+pve. deal with it.

Im still laughing about the remembering “when people had to use their class abilities and work together as a team to fight the enemy”….

Yeah, I remember it.

This, rofl

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I think it is an awesome addition to spice up the gameplay. You are attacking a castle….it’s not supposed to be easy stop complaining and work on improving your skill (stealth removers….COUGH COUGHHh).

In an SMC zerg fight a stealth trap is mostly useless. Even if it isn’t tripped early by a random player and is placed at the right spot to catch a zerg and the other zerg is ready for a sudden reveal, it only hits 20 people and the reveal only lasts 30s. The zerg just trots back outside and repeats a few seconds later. Last night it would have been useless because it was a 3 way fight with YB blind siding each zerg in different parts of SM.

With 2 min of stealth a zerg can basically destroy any other zerg on the map with relative ease. It is the best zerg weapon in the game bar none.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I just wonder what the enemy sees when we are “invisible” from that AND marked by a sentry. Do you not see the players, but see the dots on the mini-map?

But back to OP – broken as all get out. Way worse than the airship because it lasts so long……

You see the last-known position of the marked players before entering stealth. If they were stealthed before they got marked, their dots are not visible to opponents despite having the marked debuff. If the stealth effect is cast after being marked and it ends before the marked effect ends, the dot position simply updates to the out-of-stealth location.

Most features for WvW with HoT are poorly-designed and have little purpose in being there. Banners, tactivators, etc., are pretty much all universally seen as horrible features that never should have made it to the live game.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I don’t get why you people complain about every little environmental thing in wvsw. Siege is kitten….walls are kitten…gates are kitten….guild upgrades are kitten….guards are kitten…lords are kitten. My god! You should be advocating for a new map/gamemode where it’s just TERRAIN AND PLAYERS. Absolutely no PVE whatsoever to pin you down. At that point you can just complain about cliffs and water….so then you can advocate for a flat terrain with nothing on it whatsoever! And then you’ll complain that it’s boring and too streamlined and handholding gamemode…..and you will want pve again.

Yeah, I remember it.

This, rofl

I laughed when i read your comments after deciding you weren’t being sarcastic, and actually think this and all the other pve additions to wvw that have driven off the majority of the playerbase are good ideas.

Keep thinking that as the wind blows the dust over what used to be a busy game mode.

Next thing they will bring in is some way of dropping in NPC allies so it looks like someone is still playing and to boost the numbers- crafting it in some awful huge guild crafting thing so it’s only available to the select few.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Can someone please use the waters and then have everyone pop a mini pet and take video pretty please?

On a related note: I may just have to log back into GW2 again to puzzle out how to beat this

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

It should only be available to a server that’s losing by 5,000 to 10,000 points.

There’s no mechanic that can help a server make a come back other than getting more numbers online.

in WvW

Cerby.1069

Yeah, I remember it.

This, rofl

I laughed when i read your comments after deciding you weren’t being sarcastic, and actually think this and all the other pve additions to wvw that have driven off the majority of the playerbase are good ideas.

Keep thinking that as the wind blows the dust over what used to be a busy game mode.

Next thing they will bring in is some way of dropping in NPC allies so it looks like someone is still playing and to boost the numbers- crafting it in some awful huge guild crafting thing so it’s only available to the select few.

Trust me, it’s far funnier that you think the opposite. If you have problems killing and/or kiting npc while doing pvp you are doing it wrong. They are just extra bags of loot, the more the merrier. I’d totally welcome helicopters dropping loots bags into our zerg battles, our aoe would melt everything.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Trust me, it’s far funnier that you think the opposite. If you have problems killing and/or kiting npc while doing pvp you are doing it wrong. They are just extra bags of loot, the more the merrier. I’d totally welcome helicopters dropping loots bags into our zerg battles, our aoe would melt everything.

You didn’t get the point of his argument…
Enjoy your dying game mode.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

The return of culling – Now in guild upgrades!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Cerby.1069

You didn’t get the point of his argument…
Enjoy your dying game mode.

You didn’t get the point of the thread…
Enjoy the vibrant WvsW forums!

in WvW

Straegen.2938

It should only be available to a server that’s losing by 5,000 to 10,000 points.

It would make a pretty fantastic outnumbered buff.

The return of culling – Now in guild upgrades!

Ha! Bug turned feature… good catch.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Cloaking Waters is very OP, but great fun for trolling the enemy.

Honestly though, I used it that one time and don’t care to again. Yet another HoT feature that doesn’t belong in WvW…

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Due to high popularity, gem shop will have a personal version of cloaking fountain for mere 10k gems.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It basically just replaces Mesmer as a veilbot in WvW. It’s fun the first time, but just like everything else it eventually just adds to the list of atrocities that have ruined this game mode.

Gandara

in WvW

Straegen.2938

It basically just replaces Mesmer as a veilbot in WvW. It’s fun the first time, but just like everything else it eventually just adds to the list of atrocities that have ruined this game mode.

Zergs can see the veil coming and the stealth only lasts 2s. Cloaking Waters stealths a zerg for 2 minutes and opposing zergs have very few indicators that a giant swath of red is about to envelope them. It is also easily and frequently repeatable so a server can keep wiping zergs.

Maybe you had to be there but watching this thing in T1 was basically the nuclear option. When it is deployed, the enemy has very few counter options and none that I can think of that would be consistently effective.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Zergs can see the veil coming and the stealth only lasts 2s. Cloaking Waters stealths a zerg for 2 minutes and opposing zergs have very few indicators that a giant swath of red is about to envelope them. It is also easily and frequently repeatable so a server can keep wiping zergs.

Maybe you had to be there but watching this thing in T1 was basically the nuclear option. When it is deployed, the enemy has very few counter options and none that I can think of that would be consistently effective.

Actually you’re right. I was being too nice. It’s awful.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Remember the days when people had to use their class abilities and work together as a team to fight the enemy?

Yeah.

Forget about that kitten. This is the age of gimmicky features.

That all online and offline video gaming is gimmicky features for a class play type etc.. even sports and card games are the same way. That just how humans are they look for something they can explosive and use it as much as they can until it is deemed cheating or rules are changed to prevent it. Heck capitalism is base off the very ideal of gimmicks to make money.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Liston.9708

There does seem to be a way to disable it through normal play, but not sharing secrets (and is only a guess any way)

The other way is to keep fighting whoever owns SM and hope the other side caps it as happened last night T1 NA prime (though I am not sure BG ever got to use the cloak)…..

in WvW

Straegen.2938

There does seem to be a way to disable it through normal play, but not sharing secrets (and is only a guess any way)

The other way is to keep fighting whoever owns SM and hope the other side caps it as happened last night T1 NA prime (though I am not sure BG ever got to use the cloak)…..

They tried that trick and Chris just kept blowing up whoever was on the lord. The speed at which a cloaked zerg can kill a relatively unprepared enemy even with superior numbers is seconds. Shooting ducks in a barrel is more difficult than zerg wiping with this thing. After eight or so wipes both sides just gave up on SM for the time being. I know I wouldn’t go back into that buzz saw if I were on the other side.

I want to point out that after SM was secured, YB went back to open field fights as usual so I am not trying to throw anyone under the bus on this. YB could have kept using the trick all over the map but instead went back to fights as normal as I am sure any of the servers in T1 would have done.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Honestly though, I used it that one time and don’t care to again. Yet another HoT feature that doesn’t belong in WvW…

Ah it’s just as I thought it would be.

Any scout worth their salt would spot the three or four guys running without the invis buff, and it’s hilarious the mesmer speed veil reveals half the zerg when they run over it.

Even if organized guilds used it, there’s always some yahoo pug that will run beside them happily and visible.

So basically it’s more of a pain in the butt to coordinate and keep players all together and invisible, once they leave SM.

Heck Kodash was doing this with five thieves and a couple mesmers years ago … be sitting there nothing going on, then BAM insta-blob at the gate. Hilarious and impressive.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Ah it’s just as I thought it would be.

Any scout worth their salt would spot the three or four guys running without the invis buff, and it’s hilarious the mesmer speed veil reveals half the zerg when they run over it.

Even if organized guilds used it, there’s always some yahoo pug that will run beside them happily and visible.

So basically it’s more of a pain in the butt to coordinate and keep players all together and invisible, once they leave SM.

Heck Kodash was doing this with five thieves and a couple mesmers years ago … be sitting there nothing going on, then BAM insta-blob at the gate. Hilarious and impressive.

Yup, and sentries marking the invisible ppl. It was a pain in the rear to coordinate since cloaking waters has about a minute and a half cooldown, whether or not you drop stealth. Basically, another stupid gimmick added to wvw.

We used it once just to see what it was about, then never again…

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Everything they added through guild claiming is broken really, makes it too hard to flip if it upgrades to t3.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Like many said when it was first announced. The last thing WvW needed was more stealth and getting closer to EoTM…

in WvW

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I miss old wvw…. This used to be my favourite mode. Now all I do is pvp.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I miss old wvw…. This used to be my favourite mode. Now all I do is pvp.

It is not a good sign when I have to harass the last half of our guild (the single other guy) out of PvP into WvW. Prior to HoT he didn’t even play PvP.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]