"Closed Raids" in WvW

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aiva.5197

Aiva.5197

Hello,

I don’t usually speak my mind on the internet for multiple reasons but I feel very strongly about this and haven’t found a similar thread on the forum so here it goes.

What is up with guilds in WvW maps tagging up and then pm’ing me it’s a closed raid?
Is this normal now? I experienced this twice in the last week after returning from a short break.

I’ve had multiple discussions with people on this subject where they defend these guilds because they play their own way and I should respect that but surely at the end of the day:

- It’s an world event map, not a guild event map. You might want to run it as such but it’s not designed to be.
- Your commander tag effects the entire map, not just your guild. Tag down if you want to play with a select group.
- Why? The closed raid groups I encountered were playing like any other zerg, who cares if people trying to enjoy the game and want to contribute to their server join in?

It felt really demotivating playing WvW after a zerg told me to get lost, and now it happened again. WvW has been re-branded to roaming 90% of the time now?

How do you guys on the forum feel about this?

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Eh, if they’re looking for fights and not capping anything, then it seems like a reasonable request to be left alone.

Now if they’re actively capping objectives, and ask you not to join them, they can go shove it where the sun don’t shine. It is NOT within reason to ask another realm mate to not capture a tower/camp/keep/castle.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Hello,

I don’t usually speak my mind on the internet for multiple reasons but I feel very strongly about this and haven’t found a similar thread on the forum so here it goes.

What is up with guilds in WvW maps tagging up and then pm’ing me it’s a closed raid?
Is this normal now? I experienced this twice in the last week after returning from a short break.

I’ve had multiple discussions with people on this subject where they defend these guilds because they play their own way and I should respect that but surely at the end of the day:

- It’s an world event map, not a guild event map. You might want to run it as such but it’s not designed to be.
- Your commander tag effects the entire map, not just your guild. Tag down if you want to play with a select group.
- Why? The closed raid groups I encountered were playing like any other zerg, who cares if people trying to enjoy the game and want to contribute to their server join in?

It felt really demotivating playing WvW after a zerg told me to get lost, and now it happened again. WvW has been re-branded to roaming 90% of the time now?

Generally guilds run guild only raids with a tag up because it makes it easier to see the driver, allows pick groups to use their targeting to better coordinate with their party, and to help show other commanders on the map where they’re at.

As for why, it’s a matter of trying to improve a guild’s skill level. Like most areas of GW2, difficulty and coordination detract as your numbers go up. You’ve got more people to add in random damage, and aoe cap means they soak up more of that damage. Then you get things like random people dying and rally enemies because they aren’t calling that they’re low/down, people throwing down the wrong fields when restacking for might or heals, people blowing cover on an attempted sneak hit, people scaring off fights cause they’re commander snipping in fights that don’t call it, and so on.

Ultimately though, try not to let it get to you. Guilds generally start doing Guild only raids as it gets closer to reset, and the week’s match gets decided. Also, try checking your server’s voice coms. Some guilds will do tagless and guild runs but don’t mind if people join, as long as they’re in coms.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

Closed guild groups can even use multiple commanded tags at a same time (each member of a "gank"group). Due to poor targeting and guild support system they can see the driver only if he pops his commander tag while each group internally uses target system to focus low and squishy people.
Solution would be to incentivize your community to assign a separate color tag for closed group (e.a. blue for guild groups only, other colors for public raids etc…)

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

If you want to join in on guild raids then join a guild. You might think you are entitled to jump in everything a guild you aren’t in is doing, but you aren’t.

Ask the driver before you just take it upon yourself to jump in with them.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Could be multiple reasons for asking you to leave.

- You don’t have the correct build.
- You’re an uplevel
- You are not connected to TS
- Guild only + friends most likely using TS
- They don’t recognize you and may think you’re a spy (you mentioned short break)
- They may not like your class.

As to the points you made:

- It’s an world event map, not a guild event map. You might want to run it as such but it’s not designed to be. – Exactly, it’s open world, go explore, have fun and flip a few camps instead of focusing on what a guild does

- Your commander tag effects the entire map, not just your guild. Tag down if you want to play with a select group. – it does effect the entire map, but it doesn’t mean you have to follow it, as you said it’s open world, explore or follow a different commander who has the militia on him and is most likely using the guild commander tag to keep location on ally groups around the map

- Why? The closed raid groups I encountered were playing like any other zerg, who cares if people trying to enjoy the game and want to contribute to their server join in? – No one is stopping you from contributing to the server, killing enemy yaks and taking camps can be just as effective as taking a tower.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

On SFR we use different colors so you know if it is Guild raid, rooming Group, scout or open raid.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I don’t use TS (for RL reasons), but have yet to be turned away by any closed raid – but then again, I don’t join them that often, and obviously don’t join if they are gvging or facing off against what is obviously another guild group.

It also helps to play a support class (I’m mostly on ele or mesmer or necro), and to demonstrate that you are both helpful, know what you are doing, and don’t die easily.

On SFR it’s quite easy to find a tag to follow, or a small raid group of pugs, and everyone pretty much knows the commander colours and is encouraged to use TS.

Best thing for you to do is get on ts, get chatting, then join a guild that suits your style. Problem solved.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Since they introduced colors:

Blue tag – pug raid, join as whatever
Yellow tag – guild raid
Red tag -scouts/focus party
Purple tag – that color no one want to use.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Since they introduced colors:

Yellow tag – guild raid
Red tag -scouts/focus party
Purple tag – Mesmers

Fixed

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Yellow tag – scout
Red tag – rooming Group or scout Group Guild raid
Purple tag – Guild raid

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zakuti.4672

Zakuti.4672

Follow blue tag or get the hell out of here

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

The exact color coding will depend on the server you’re at, but blue tag will be most likely pug blob/open guild raid pretty much everywhere, so aim to join one of those. Also, I’m pretty sure quite a few raids might let you follow if you actually ask them if they will let you do it and if you join them in TS (but that just depends on individual guild). But pretty much no guild will be happy if you are going to just tail them without putting any effort from your side.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by pejot.4806)

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

The biggest problem is, that you are not in their TS. You don’t know their tactics, what the raid leader is going to do next, where to move etc. When they are going to have a hard fight against experienced enemy guilds it could just end up on you getting downed and rallying the enemy players, and that’s because the raid leader did something you weren’t expecting. That could really change the tide of the battle, and that’s why most of the HC fighting guilds don’t want anyone else on their tags but their guildmembers

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I think each server has it’s own colors assigned to different usages, but blue is usually THE pugmanget open raid. If you wanna follow guild raids you can always try to join the guild. Ofc, noone can stop you from playing how you want to, it’s up to you to respect it if the guild members ask you to not follow them. You can think yourself about reasons if you should or should not follow.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I generally ignore what guilds say. If they are too annoying I will even tag up to attract more randoms and put the wrong combo fields down.
Its an open world map, you can go wherever you want at any time you want. If they become abusive report+block them.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: NeroGuilt.4720

NeroGuilt.4720

I generally ignore what guilds say. If they are too annoying I will even tag up to attract more randoms and put the wrong combo fields down.
Its an open world map, you can go wherever you want at any time you want. If they become abusive report+block them.

Aw, get buttthurt because they don’t want you so you try to sabotage them? I bet you just ooze skill out of every orifice. I will never understand people who are against organization. You ever think about just asking to get on comms with them? Do something useful, don’t just play against them.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Aw, get buttthurt because they don’t want you so you try to sabotage them? I bet you just ooze skill out of every orifice. I will never understand people who are against organization. You ever think about just asking to get on comms with them? Do something useful, don’t just play against them.

Guild groups are a waste of slots on map. Most of them dont scout or defend anything.
They only look for fights to farm some worthless bags or kill count they could get faster in obsidian sanctum farm.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

does there need to be a reason if a group of people is minding their own business and don’t want others to join in?

if you see a group of friends chilling somewhere and you don’t even know any of them do you just barge in expecting they’ll take you in whatever they were doing?

there’s many legitimate reasons a guild might want to have a closed raid but the truth is they don’t need to give you any, it’s just courtesy to let people that are effectively stranger to you go do their own stuff.

if you want to follow them ask politely and respect whatever answer you’re given (also it’s a lot more likely they’ll let you tag along if you’re form a wvw guild yourself)

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

NeroGuilt.4720

Guild groups are a waste of slots on map. Most of them dont scout or defend anything.
They only look for fights to farm some worthless bags or kill count they could get faster in obsidian sanctum farm.

Okay, first off, if you even offer up the option of OS farming for kill count/bags as something a SKILL based group would want to do..I just don’t even know what to say. Sorry, most of us aren’t included with scum farming titles they don’t deserve.

You anti guild group/fight guild people..I have to ask. Do you never consider the fact that we keep just as many other guilds busy from the opposite servers? Or should we just let them run through your pug groups(you must run pug groups if you dislike guilds.) You won’t capture anything with any skilled guild running you down. Do you have any clue how fast you PPT hero’s would be deleted without us keeping real guilds busy?

Oh and the whole fact that you aren’t really getting anything from the PPT race. Besides a few exceptions, you aren’t even going to change the matchups if you try.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Thythren.6045

Thythren.6045

God forbid people choose to pvp in a mass-pvp game mode…

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Don’t know if this is a troll post or you actually think fight guilds theory craft and coordinate just to “farm worthless bags or kill count”. God, these forums…lol.

Whispers with meat.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I’ve seen guild groups following a non blue tag around and though I’m not following them they’re usually going the same way I am for a distance, but on my server I haven’t been told to go elsewhere and just going by common sense I get in where I fit in until we’re going different ways. If it’s clearly a guild group running around I try not to get in the way even though they haven’t said anything yet, it’s just obvious what they’re doing just by their team movement and I know from other games not to F that up.

The guild groups on Maguuma seem pretty inclusive and usually post their guild channel for Team speak for everyone to get in and I’ve noticed that when they start to get frustrated if most people aren’t listening and it’s a circus, they’ll waypoint and maybe hit up another map instead of raging at everyone.

Kash
NSP

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Unlucky Tyrant.5970

Unlucky Tyrant.5970

I assumed it was because they wanted to judge themselves, and if they have pugs running who arent on their TS it can change the course of a battle.
That would make sense, but its still creating barriers between groups and I dont support that. To succeed, you need unity.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Perhaps they were not their with succeeding specifically as their purpose, so much as they. May have been trying to enjoy the game together as a group, and that was their purpose. I am not suggesting I do or do not agree with how they handled it. I am simply suggesting a possible reason they may have had at the time, for their actions.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

I’m sure people have spammed you why a guild likes to play as a closed raid so i won’t go over that. Public vs private is not a closed discussion by any means, and many servers are struggling with this issue as well.

They could have handled it differently for sure and told you where the public tag was.

BG has strugled with this as well and as a comprimise we try to have a public float tag up. But unless you are familiar with our servers structure, leadership, and drivers it can be hard to know about where to public tag is an who is driving without map hopping around and asking map chat (which people in ts sometimes ignore as it can be super trollish).

Your server most likely runs a voice comms server and a third party forum (w/ shoutbox). Rather than forcing yourself into a group that wants to be left alone, try getting access to those (usually through a simple verification process with a gatekeeper to check for spies) to see where the action is and where you are welcome to join.

Plus it was a thursday when you posted. Usually the places are already determined by then. So you typically have guild raids plus gvg’s, and a single floating karma train.

[ICoa] Blackgate

(edited by dodgycookies.4562)

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

If only there was some way for guilds to be able to use commander functionality, but without causing all this confusion and unnecessary drama for newcomers to WvW?

But, surely, such a thing is beyond the capacity of mere mortals to conceive!

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

maybe one shouldnt be a kittenbag to ones servermates, because you really are on the same side. have a little respect for each other.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I see WvW as a way to play with friends and have fun. My guild sometimes runs as a guild-only group, and at other times throws up a blue tag, and PuGmands. When I was in a more competitive guild we never tagged at all. We threw ghetto tag on commander and/or gank leader and went at it. Occasionally there would be one or two hangers on even with that precaution taken, but generally, since we would jump larger groups, they would die quickly, and the fight would go on. It sure would be nice if they made a commander tag that could be invisible to anyone outside the squad.

PuGmanders generally use a blue tag to show that they welcome all comers, and on our server guild groups will use purple. Luckily most of the time on YB even a purple tag will let you join up with them if you’re a known property, and are willing to get into TS with them.

Lastly, why would you even want to follow a guild group if they give you nothing but grief? I certainly don’t like being somewhere where I’m not wanted.

(edited by Kaiser.9873)

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Turk.5460

As I stated above -

If the “guild-only” group is currently taking an objective, whether it be camp, tower, keep, or castle – they have absolutely no right to ask you to leave them alone until they capture or leave the objective.

If you happen to run into them again taking another objective, same thing. It is not within reason whatsoever to demand someone leave while at an attackable/defendable objective.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As I stated above -

If the “guild-only” group is currently taking an objective, whether it be camp, tower, keep, or castle – they have absolutely no right to ask you to leave them alone until they capture or leave the objective.

If you happen to run into them again taking another objective, same thing. It is not within reason whatsoever to demand someone leave while at an attackable/defendable objective.

Of course they have a right to ask you to leave them.

Whether you listen to them or dont give a kitten about what they say is a whole other matter.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

As your are and experienced player I could say I’ll let you walk away from this post… BUT… I cannot.

Most guild raids are for 3 reasons:

1. Teaching, which I really encourage
  2. (Hardcore) guild raids, They will cap and come to defend, but their focus is fighting other (Hardcore) guilds preferably bigger size… it is generally about tactics and improving commanders. in the end being again a teaching run but not for the follwers but the leaders/ and coordinated classes.
  3. GvG Guild vs Guild wich is an actual waste of slots in primetime but when the server you are on is running a decent amount of points ahead it doesn’t really matter. You can be very poisenous against a guild doing GvG but if your server is 20k or more ahead it’s a waste of breath, and by far not socially accepted behaviour, and it will get you blocked by people who will never ever come to support or defend for you as they will no longer notice you in chat making your appearance on WvW completely useless. Also know some if not all people playing HC GvG are in 3 or more high/HC level WvW guilds, and generally the first people to block you are the commanders of guilds who are mostly primetime commanders. Oh and GvG guilds do not cap anything, until their fights are over, They might come to defend depending on the guild. On a certain servers all Guilds agreed to defend max upgrades at all costs, and under any circumstances. Goal is to learn new tactics and strategy. from other (HC) WvW guilds. in the end strengthening the server. fighting 20 vs 20 12 times in 60 minutes guivesyou 240 kill maximum, but generally you’ll tag way less, and it should be 50-50 so in the end if you would be lucky you’d be looking at 40-50 drops, half of them bags, about the same as surviving 1 big blob vs blob fest in 10 minutes..

So Malediktus, please, do yourself and others on your server a favor and let then play how they want. And you play how you want. And if you’d be worried they get drops and you get nothing: go join the map blob, they’ll get way more drops.

“Trolling is bad”

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

In contrary to what people may think you can do whatever you feel like in wvw. It is your game time and an open World map. Just the way noone can force you to leave people duelling alone, they can’t force you to stay away from raids.

With that being said there are a few things you should keep in mind.

1: if you decide to join in on a structured Guild vs Guild. You will probably get chased down without getting any help.

2: If a Guild wants you to leave them alone during a normal wvw run it is not because they are mean, but because it’s harder to keep track of their own people and randoms that dont know whats happening.

Though if you actually know what’s going on. You know how to position yourself and are able to read the situation, I’d say go for it! join them even if they ask you not to.

I’m a roamer myself so I don’t give two what anyone else Thinks. Though, I do defend the concept of duelling and leaving duellers alone. But I realise I can’t make people do that. It’s their game jsut as much as it is mine.
But it goes the other way around too. Once these people start getting ganked themselves by the duellers noone can force me to help them.

Noone can force you to stay away from a zerg, and you can’t force a zerg to help you out.

(edited by Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365)

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Just do what you like.

It’s your game, too and the great thing about something like WvW is that you really are free to go where you like, when you like, on whichever class you like (even if they may be, technically, correct that some are far worse then others) and with whichever build you like (ditto).

Whatever other people may say…

If they don’t want to be followed, they shouldn’t tag up.

If ANet agree that it is vital that they be allowed to run alone, maybe they could produce a special tag that can only be seen by guild members?

But, until then, just do what you like.

Of course they have a right to ask you to leave them.

I would say they don’t have the right, as they don’t have any authority to do so.

Having the right to do something isn’t just about having the ability to do so; it’s about having a moral and/or otherwise highly justifiable reason and/or authority.

In this case, they don’t have any of that.

They’re the ones who have decided to go into a public (as far as the game is concerned) area, full of other individuals and groups.

As such, they are not justified (morally, or otherwise), or authorised, to tell people to not run with them; as that area, or objective, is as much open to others as it is to them.

Obviously, they literally have the physical ability to tell people to not run with them (as in, there is nothing in place to stop them), but then people literally have the physical ability to try to tell other people to do all kinds of totally unreasonable stuff, all the time.

Doesn’t mean they have a moral, or legal, or even game T&Cs (or whatever) based right, or authority.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zoke.2147

Zoke.2147

Litterally just rallying, You as a non guild member are a liability in this game because you can rally the opposing team if you make a mistake. They have no investment in you, you aren’t a guild member they aren’t trying to make you better, you literally are just dragging them down. That’s the kind of system rallying makes in pvp fighting.

So yeah, they have every right to ask you to leave. and you have every right to ignore them and just tag along, it’s not like they can go fight the way they like to any where else in this game so they have to put up with a server vs server format.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

They just ask not to run with you, it’s not like they can stop you or anything. If raids are on my server I avoid them unless they are also defending keeps and upgraded towers. They dont mind that, just the open field combat that is a bit weird running with a closed raid, so i dont do it.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

They can write things on chat and you can ignore it. Thats all.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

If you have a tag on people will follow. If you ask nicely and there is a true militia tag on then people should leave. Of course you didn’t pay for anyone’s game so everyone is entitled to play how they want.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Closed raids should run tagless. Keeps the scrubs and rally bots away.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Closed raid groups should run tagless. If they don’kittens their own fault if they pick up pugs. Now they can ask politely and you can decide from there how you want to handle it, but no they do not have any in game rights. Now granted we should be able to receive a guild tag that is only visible to guildies but until we have that feature it is what it is. Being in a guild does not grant you exclusive rights to WvW, they can go to PvP if they want to ensure closed groups. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I have no problem with groups or guilds running however they want, closed or open raids. Use the appropriate tags if you want, most servers I would guess have it set up anyways – blue for open raid, red for alt open raid or scouts, yellow for closed, purple for alt purposes like showing the pick team.

Only been asked once to not follow a group back in the day on SoR, never been asked that on SoS, then again I know the guilds that have a problem with this and those that don’t so I know who to avoid and who to follow.

If you want to join groups often in WvW it’s best to just join a guild anyways.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

You might think you are entitled to jump in everything a guild you aren’t in is doing, but you aren’t.

Only thats where your wrong. He paid for the game, hes entitled to go where he wants and do what he wants.

You are not entitled to tell people where they can and can’t go because you have no authority to do that. Stop trying to belittle people, You’re not better than anyone else.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

NeroGuilt.4720

Word entitled being passed around so much i feel like I’m at a trust fund baby convention. Lol. On a serious note, just don’t kitten with the guild. Is it that complicated? If they don’t want you, that is their choice. You people that troll because you get kitten, just keep being sub par. At no point during my time doing nothing but roam did I feel like screwing up someone’s skill group..why should you? Just more people to add to the “let die” list.

If you don’t like a sport team, do you run onto the field, steal the ball, then kitten midfield?

(edited by NeroGuilt.4720)

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Turk.5460

Word entitled being passed around so much i feel like I’m at a trust fund baby convention. Lol. On a serious note, just don’t kitten with the guild. Is it that complicated? If they don’t want you, that is their choice. You people that troll because you get kitten, just keep being sub par. At no point during my time doing nothing but roam did I feel like screwing up someone’s skill group..why should you? Just more people to add to the “let die” list.

If you don’t like a sport team, do you run onto the field, steal the ball, then kitten midfield?

What are you thoughts on a guild asking someone to leave while they are attacking a keep/tower/camp?

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I generally just waypoint around to lose the people who die constantly. /guildchat ’let’s move to x, this guy tagging along is terrible.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Hello,

They probably were gvg guilds looking fro fights. During those fights no random pug should join to not reallybot, steal precious boons etc. Also gvgers look for fights with guild vs guild members only not some guild + pugs against guild cos they compete and such add would interfere with a result of fight. For example when u fight TA and wipe em it is very important to be alone with that without ads like u. That are the reasons they didn’t want you to follow. Also after change of tags BLUE tag is for pugs and nothing more.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

You might think you are entitled to jump in everything a guild you aren’t in is doing, but you aren’t.

Only thats where your wrong. He paid for the game, hes entitled to go where he wants and do what he wants.

You are not entitled to tell people where they can and can’t go because you have no authority to do that. Stop trying to belittle people, You’re not better than anyone else.

Yeah I guess you are right. They are entitled to ruin the game for anyone else whenever they feel like it.

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

You’re entitled to go wherever you want in WvW the same way you’re allowed to go wherever you want in a public park.

That still doesn’t make it acceptable to go and sit in the middle of someone’s picnic and demand to be included in their frisbee game.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

No because your a spectator. That is completley different to the situation at hand as they’re teammates (Like it or not.)

It’s more similar to telling your new midfield player to kitten off and not get the ball incase he kittens up, How often does that happen?

steal precious boons etc.

Boons have a 5 target limit and prioritize party. This gets said alot for “Why we stack.” I’m amused that none of you actually seem to know this?

Also gvgers look for fights with guild vs guild members only not some guild + pugs against guild cos they compete and such add would interfere with a result of fight. For example when u fight TA and wipe em it is very important to be alone with that without ads like u. That are the reasons they didn’t want you to follow.

No the problem is you’ve joined a game mode without actually realising you have more “Team” then your guild group. You have to accept that fights will be interfered. Hell as a roamer the guild groups always roll over my 1vX fights. Sure it can be annoying (Especially in this situation because 20v2 is hardly a good fight) but i have no right to complain. I accept it and move on.

Also after change of tags BLUE tag is for pugs and nothing more.

Eh that must be server specific because i’ve never heard of that.

Yeah I guess you are right. They are entitled to ruin the game for anyone else whenever they feel like it.

Dumb mentality of people expecting others to play to their satisfaction so they can enjoy their free time. Maybe the guy doesn’t want to roam on his own because hes new? Are you not now ruining his game by telling him to?

Guess what? Stacking guild groups ruins the game for me so i demand everyone stops doing it so i can enjoy my free time. Thank you very much! Don’t tell me your going to continue and ruin the game for me, Surely not?

You’re entitled to go wherever you want in WvW the same way you’re allowed to go wherever you want in a public park.

That still doesn’t make it acceptable to go and sit in the middle of someone’s picnic and demand to be included in their frisbee game.

Yeah because if for example you join a 5v5 pickup tournament of football (Soccer if your american) with 4 of your friends, That other guy you got matched with on your team has no right to play in YOUR GAME. You’re disregarding the fact that WvW put you on the same team.

Like it or not WvW is more than just your guild group, That’s how it was designed. Your looking for GvG and it’s been confirmed to not be coming more times than i can count on my hands so either find a new game or accept it because nothing will change.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

(edited by x Charlie.4820)

"Closed Raids" in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

We usually allow pugs to tag along with us most of the time. We also get alot of respect from our community when we decide to run just as a guild group. Very few if any one tries to force themselves into our raid.

However, there is an important factor that no one is looking at. Those guilds are doing closed raids because they want to, because it is fun for them. The more people troll them and ruin the game experience for them, the more likely it is for a WvW guild to pick up and move to another server that might accommodate them better.

Then when we see the post, “no one stays on our server..yada yada yada”, you really only have your self to blame if you. I mean there are 4 maps, I am sure you can find a pug-mander somewhere who would love to have you following him if you feel the need to join a larger group.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”