CoR fix...

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Coalescence of Ruin: This ability will no longer hit over the maximum number of targets (5). The cascade will additionally cease its progression if it hits the maximum number of targets.

This proposed fix is like putting fresh paint on a demolished building…

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

This is kind of silly.
Coalescence will continue to dominate WvW as long as it can reliably hit for these absurd amounts (e.g. 15k+ on other glass specs), and that will continue to be the case until we get a change to revenant traits and their ability to maintain full might and fury so easily.

Not to mention that the skill itself just deals too much damage compared to similar skills on other backline classes. For instance, here are some damage modifiers:
Eruption: 1.25
Ice Spike: 1.50
Lightning Surge: 1.30
Meteor Shower: 1.30 per hit
Putrid Mark: 1.2
Well of Suffering: 0.66 per tick
Coalescence: 2.25

The only problem this will alleviate is backlines getting one-shot while standing behind their heavies. The skill will still destroy frontlines. Long live the pirate ship..

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The developers/designers either do not play this game or they play mesmers and revenants. Anet development of late reminds me of Warhammer Online. I am pretty sure Mesmer is code name for Bright Wizard.

Holy crap how did CoR not get its figurative kitten knocked into the dirt?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

This is rather despicable. Only a “bug fix”.

Hitting through doors ought to be considered a bug also.

Even the DH trueshot people cry murder about has 4 recharge.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Pointless, won’t change anything.

Anet is only strong at nerfing Warriors…

(edited by samo.1054)

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

They need to sell this expansion->make revenant op->ppl buy that->quit after 1 month because they got bored of roflstomping->game on discount for 10€->new expansion anounced for 2016 – crystal desert CD->2 huge maps with underground->land mounts ->60€ price→profit

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Hmm if hte pulse actually STOPS after hitting 5 targets. Theres alot of things that can fill that target cap. Random ranger pets. Frontliners. etc.

I feel like this might actually affect things more than youd think. If the frontline actually does STOP the ruin from happening in its first pulse or two. THen theres nothing left to hit the backline. Meaning frontline can actually weaken the revenants damage. Massively so. Simply be being there to take weaker hits.

One of the reasons it was so strong was that it completely bypassed the tanky frontline whos jobs were to take damage for the backline. So the backline got hit by it anyway. Now revenants will have to swing widely around the frontline to hit the back of zergs. Making them fairly easy targets for things like rangers,mesmers,dd eles, thieves (One staff DD can kitten a revenant up pretty fast or atleast force him to swap to shield.)

Ghost Yak

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I feel like this might actually affect things more than youd think. If the frontline actually does STOP the ruin from happening in its first pulse or two. THen theres nothing left to hit the backline. Meaning frontline can actually weaken the revenants damage. Massively so. Simply be being there to take weaker hits.

While this will have an effect it will have zero effect in skirmish where the skill is still OP. Even in large fights, 5+ revs dropping that skill will mow through a front line like bad cuisine in a tourist. Add on that they can buff players around them to 25 stacks of might and we land on a class that is defensive in nature with stupid OP DPS.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They still have 1-2 hours to prove to us they are listening and aren’t just on autopilot since HoT’s release. It’s never too late to fix broken traits/skills.

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Hmm if hte pulse actually STOPS after hitting 5 targets. Theres alot of things that can fill that target cap. Random ranger pets. Frontliners. etc.

One of the reasons it was so strong was that it completely bypassed the tanky frontline whos jobs were to take damage for the backline. So the backline got hit by it anyway. Now revenants will have to swing widely around the frontline to hit the back of zergs. Making them fairly easy targets for things like rangers,mesmers,dd eles, thieves (One staff DD can kitten a revenant up pretty fast or atleast force him to swap to shield.)

Incoming squad of revenants jumping through/over front line to 2 spam back line!

I know it wont happen, I just got a giggle because you said they would have to swing widely around the front line, and i instantly thought of 3 skills they could use to not have to do that.

But your point still stands. spamming 2 from the back of your zerg in realative saftey is a whole different monster then spamming 2 from the middle of thier zerg.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

CoR fix...

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

They still have 1-2 hours to prove to us they are listening and aren’t just on autopilot since HoT’s release. It’s never too late to fix broken traits/skills.

Sorry, l just have to lol at this one…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.