Collossus Golem

Collossus Golem

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

So last night, I had a thought as I was wrapping up a fun WvWvW session. What about a Collossus Golem. It would be operated by 5 players. They would hop in (think Voltron style). One would control movement, one defensive stats, one each for arms, and the fifth like rockets or something out of the eyes.

It would spawn in three places in the BL, one in the West camp, One in the East Camp, and one in the Southern camp. It would happen only once or twice during the day. The team that can build it the fastest would get the collosus and the other two would not get it to spawn. There may even be other ways to speed it up, like holding a few different nodes around the map to encourage smaller fights.

Once built, you could take it to one of the three different keeps and start the siege.

The colossus would be 3 or more times the size of a regular golem and would be visible on the entire map as an icon. Cant miss a guy that big. He would be slow to allow defenses to set in. It would bring a modicum of epicness to an already great experience. It would factor in smaller fights as well.

I could just see a tower sized guy slowly walking in and hitting keeps like a ton of bricks. Just imagine God of War size colossus at your gates and holding it back!

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

Collossus Golem

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

This vaguely sounds like a really, really, really bad version of the break out. Seriously, when people are putting together time and effort to fortify and defend, adding “event” type things that lay all that to waste is just not cool.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

Collossus Golem

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

People already hate alpha and omega and now you want to add a megazord? It would be interesting if it was somenthing in the middle of the map that can be contested by everyone.

But as far i can see, the guys on WvW hate events, hate mobs, hate NPC and hate you who like it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Collossus Golem

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Would be awesome. Voltron incoming to Hills!

Collossus Golem

in WvW

Talmor.9048

This vaguely sounds like a really, really, really bad version of the break out. Seriously, when people are putting together time and effort to fortify and defend, adding “event” type things that lay all that to waste is just not cool.

Then make it so that during the Collossus Golem Event, that each keep gets to have something comparable. Like an anti-Colossus, where you get additional defenses that spawn while the Colossus is coming.

I am not looking for a PVE event.

If you are looking at what I am saying, I am saying that you would have hot zones around the map that need to be held. This would force the zerg to break up and hold different spots around the map.

I am somewhat inspired by the sPvP zones where you hold areas for points. Except instead of points, it builds something to help out the efforts. Just giving some ideas to “break up the zerg” and force them to coordinate on the map.

I do not want more PvE events, nor do I want a breakout event. I am looking for something that will literally happen once or twice a day as a big event that would pull everyone into smaller groups.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

Collossus Golem

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

So…. We can do it without the big OP golem going to keeps to seige?

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

Collossus Golem

in WvW

Talmor.9048

I am just thinking of something to break up the zerg and force the smaller groups for a period of time and the team that triggers the event, gets the benefit of something for a few minutes

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

Collossus Golem

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

What, is it time to conquer earth?