Coming back, wvw Class?

Coming back, wvw Class?

in WvW

Posted by: Shazaa.5936

Shazaa.5936

Hi there. I’ve recently returned to the game, and I’m looking for a Class, among the ones i have at 80.
Between Guard, War, Ele, Revenant and Necro, is there a Class that can go both roaming solo, and in zergs?
If not, what would be viable Class to level up?
Thanks in advance

Coming back, wvw Class?

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSoul.3792

DarkSoul.3792

All of the above could do well in roaming solo as well as zergs, depending on the builds. However, I’d say ele is better as a healer in zergs and warrior is better roaming. Guard is great for zerging, not sure about how it is with solo roaming. Hope this helped, basically can play all of those anywhere though

Fort Aspenwood
Legends Never [DIE] / The Legacy [OBEY]
Main – Vexx Flamewalker (Tempest)

Coming back, wvw Class?

in WvW

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

I’d recommend playing Guardian. A must-have class in large organized groups that can hold its own roaming as well.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

Coming back, wvw Class?

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

By roaming do you mean taking small objectives, exclusively fighting other players, or some mix of the two? Guardian is a good all-rounder if you just want one class that can do everything, but Warrior is also good in zergs and is better at dueling imo.

Coming back, wvw Class?

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Warrior would probably be the best choice out of the classes you got.

Roaming has become more and more segregated to the duelist/sustain classes like Scrapper, Ranger/druid, Thief and Mesmer… Tempest CAN do well, but it takes a lot of skill to beat any of the aforementioned classes

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Coming back, wvw Class?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I’d recommend playing Guardian. A must-have class in large organized groups that can hold its own roaming as well.

That require quite a considerable swap in both gear, traits and skills though. A roaming guardian drop like a glass cannon thief in a zerg. Thats not to say it cant be used (longbow backliner can be devastating) but still, its very different if we are talking meta.

If we assume minimal changes, I would instead say that the necro and revenant are probably the ones that can do both decent on the same specs. Ele to a degree, it really depend on the role you take in the zerg.

Warrior is an oddball IMO since it is an excellent small scaler/roamer but in zergs its pretty pointless. No one really call for banners anymore, most zergs have so many tank guardians that its all about attrition.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)