Commander DC issue with long queues

in WvW

Posted by: Arianis.5264

Arianis.5264

Hey guys, as feedback for the new WvW changes, since the queues are now often incredibly long, could you maybe look into some way of making it possible for an active commander to jump places in the queue? Twice the other night on SBI we had a commander DC and then had to wait a super long time to get back into the game, thanks to the queue. I mean, we had others who could take the helm, and they did, but it was a bit of an inconvenience, given how in the groove the original commander was with a really responsive zerg.

I don’t know if something like that could be feasible, but it really does mess up the flow of battle when your leader poofs and can’t make it back within thirty minutes. Even if there are others in the map who can command, it throws things into a bit of chaos, as it were.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Oh so “active” commanders get ahead of queues?

Dont mind me then, I’m gonna tag up blue permanently and run like whatever just to get ahead in the queue if I crash, muahaha!!!

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

It does not have to be based on the tag. If you are managing squad of 50 players, you are obviously commanding, you could be pushed forward in queue, maybe not straight to first but faster then other players.

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

As much as it would be nice to find a way to make this work I’d hazard a guess and say it is priority number 48 thousand on Anet’s list of things to do, immediately after ‘cleaning up Colin’s desk’.

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

What? They gonna clean up Colin’s desk? That will take weeks, if not months!

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Sweet so all we have to do is play pass the dorito and we can jump the queues.

Never going to happen, queue exploitation has happened before and pretty sure Anet does not want to see it back.

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

I think that is an awesome idea ,
the tag cost 300 golds = 30 us dollars
I am all for it lol
I am even willing to pay for a tag that can jump queue lol

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

This is a dumb idea. You are all plebs as far as the servers are concerned, noone is greater than anyone else. Anything else you believe is an illusion.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

This is a dumb idea. You are all plebs as far as the servers are concerned, noone is greater than anyone else. Anything else you believe is an illusion.

it is not about anyone greater , it is what you pay for , do you think people with 10 bank slots , 8 bag slots are better ? NO , its what we pay for , its how company make money
we have to buy the tag or work hard in the game to earn 300 golds to get the tag
its not like its free Cerby

This is rather priceless so I’m going to frame it for everyone to read. I think it establishes a good understanding of where the OP’s viewpoints are coming from. Everyone reading this thread should consider it when writing their own responses.

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

What? They gonna clean up Colin’s desk? That will take weeks, if not months!

ikr? that table has so much stuff on it!

I don’t think anyone should get priority.
Tag crashes? have someone else tag up.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Not the best solution. Really there just needs to be a grace period for all players that if they leave WvW, they have like 2 minutes to get back in before the next player is allowed in. Far less exploitable than having it tied to commander tags but still a bit of work to program.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Biermeister.4678

Biermeister.4678

Na don’t give pins queue preferences all well balanced squads should have alternate drivers for the squads just give the LT’S permission to put icons on until the pin gets back into the map. So if you are a pugmander you need to organize you squad better and assign a backup for situations as DC and death of the pin on the map

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

Or don´t stack ebg xD

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Annnnnnd here comes the Anet Disney Fast Pass… for the low low price of $50 you too can have queue priority. Be first, laugh and make fun of all your friends still standing in line. Buy now and get a new Punch to the Sack PvP Finisher!!!

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Why not just make wvw p2p??? You want in? It’ll cost ya 1200 gems. And if you dc or crash out, too bad….that’ll be another 1200 gems to get back in.

That would bring those ques down, as only those of us who work in real life could afford the entry fees.

/sarcasm off

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

No. This is nothing new. If someone gets dc’d they wait to get back in just like anyone else. Doesn’t matter who they are or what their role is in WvW.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There’s no need for preferential treatment. People should get a reserved time to return after 2-3 minutes if they crash or disconnect.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Arianis.5264

Arianis.5264

A grace period would be awesome. Just something to address dcing issues, especially when the queues are so long. Or, ya know, addressing the server size limits or something. It’s obviously not a quick thing to fix, but it is a beta period for the new changes and feedback matters. Overall, I’m liking the new wvw stuff, but it would be nice to have either a short grace period for dcing or client crashes or something.

And for those crying ~just gave someone else tag up~, berp kitten , obviously someone can. kittening duh. But, again, it changes the flow of battle and it is disruptive. If you’re a wvwer, too, then you know that.

Commanders have different tactics and different styles of engagement. If you’re running with one for awhile, there’s a groove you get in. Yank them out without warning and even with a possible replacement, it becomes chaotic, which is annoying, at least.

So yeah, just something to either address dcing or server limits or whatever would be nice.

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

What could be a nice idea is if your squad leader needs to get into a map like EBG, you should be able to “volunteer” to exit the map so he gets in without a queue.
This way you literally trade your spot for your squad leader.

I think it is still fair since the it has no effect on the people in queue since you wouldn’t have left otherwise, that is, the only reason you left (and a spot on the map became available) was just to let someone else replace you.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

OP, if the Commander is so valuable and respected, the players on map should roll the Q to get him or her back on map. By Roll I mean to log out of WvW and re-queue.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

new gem store item: save my queue spot
everytime u dc u have 2 mins to get back in, works in wvw and pve.

in WvW

Cerby.1069

Obvious internet problems on specific community members who happen to have tags is anet’s problem. They should work with the commander’s internet service provider to remedy the situation. kitten

Honestly you are lucky you can even reconnect at all if you are losing connection. You should be thanking anet lol. Many games just boot you completely from your sessions.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

The queues are cancer atm and everyone knows it, however I feel things will calm down within a few weeks. We all just have to bear with it for the moment imo.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

after long wait queue pop click on ENTER back in queue system lol

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

So much selfish attitude here.

Without the comm your server will lose, no matter if you or your friend manage to get into the map and then complain why no comm is around. It is not about popping the tag and getting first in line, which most commenters try to point. It is fairly easy to flag active comm with 50 players in the squad for over 3 hours and push him in front of queue. Stop being selfish already and think about your server too.