Commander/Leader burn out, what can i do?

in WvW

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

Hi guys, need some input with regards to getting burnt out in the game leading a guild and stuff! It hit me last night with all the pressures and strains. Any advice from other burnt out commanders or guild leaders would be amazing thankyou!

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

Train another commander, then take a break.

But the best advice I could give is to never trust forum advices.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

I agree with kitten , take a break from commanding. Whether you roam around tagless, play some PvE, play some PvP, or just take a breather from the game, WvW will be there when you are ready to re-up. And it’ll probably be even better!

(edited by DevonCarver.5370)

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I agree with kitten , take a break from commanding. Whether you roam around tagless, play some PvE, play some PvP, or just take a breather from the game, WvW will be there when you are ready to re-up. And it’ll probably be even better!

^ Owned by the overly-aggressive forum filter.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

hahaha it confused me in the 2 seconds by asking myself “who’s kitten?” then I saw the forum name of the person above xD!

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

hahaha it confused me in the 2 seconds by asking myself “who’s kitten?” then I saw the forum name of the person above xD!

It’s either that or Dev the dev actually likes to call people kitten.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Instead of leading around a horde of blobbers that struggle with the mastery of following the most basic commands, you could trim it down and try leading a small group of people that know how to play.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Agrios.9071

Agrios.9071

Crad, i would also tell you to take a break with wvw, until the things get better. I know not everyone here understands that but im on the same server. There was not much we could have done yesterday so it was fine.
Play with the people you like, let someone else do the dirty commanding job. Or take a break from wvw at all.
I know you are an awesome commander, its fun to play with you everyone was able to learn something but you are not the only commander in your guild so let them do the kittenty work. :P

Dreamland Of Cookies [mmmh]

in WvW

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

Instead of leading around a horde of blobbers that struggle with the mastery of following the most basic commands, you could trim it down and try leading a small group of people that know how to play.

I dont tag up i lead my guild, and we kill 70+ groups with 30 I think im getting confused with RiOT on Blackgate!

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I think it would help a lot of guild tags were available. These tags should be able to be set to be seen only by members of the guild or perhaps have a setting where they can be seen also by people partied with the guild members.

Regardless, that would limit the people following someone around to guild members and cut down on some pressure. However, that doesn’t help right now as it is not available.

Other than the “take a break” advice I would suggest that you use ignore as a tool to remove annoyance. When people get obnoxious in map chat with their kittening criticism, just add them to the ignore list. You can instruct your guildies to let you know if anything important is said by them, such as location of a zerg.

However, if neither of those would help, perhaps those are not problems contributing to your burn out. Perhaps limit your time in WvW if you don’t outright take a break.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Fight some GvGs, let someone else head up your guild WvW for a week, zerg some PvE for funsies (Balth temple is a good one and also helps out your server.) Most importantly: If you’re not having fun at something, don’t do it. Make sure you get sleep and do what YOU want to do. It’s a game, not a job.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

A prominent commander on my server got fed up with his guild. So he transferred to the enemy server and roamed/havoked (without his tag) and fought his old guildies.

Later when he’d worked the stress out he transferred back. Just remember, this is a game. It exists to entertain you.

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Cradorell,

Hi guys, need some input with regards to getting burnt out in the game leading a guild and stuff! It hit me last night with all the pressures and strains. Any advice from other burnt out commanders or guild leaders would be amazing thankyou!

Running a guild & leading WvW are 2 very distinct roles, most guild leaders make the mistake of trying to do both. A general can command a battlefield but will find it hard to run a community. Both require different skill sets and trying to do both might contribute to burn out.

Also, you have to know when fun & entertainment leads into work. When it becomes work, burnout comes easier.

Take care
FW

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

How about they add some more features to commanding?

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

train up more commanders, i’m assuming you’re currently commanding 7 nights a week cut that down to 3 or 4 and get roughly 2-3 new commanders to command the other 3-4 nights make sure you work closely with the new commanders so they feel welcome commanding (can be intimidating leading a guild group). Also with leading a guild speak to some of your vet members to work on the admin stuff if you’re the main guild commander you shouldn’t need to do the admin work.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I dont tag up i lead my guild, and we kill 70+ groups with 30 I think im getting confused with RiOT on Blackgate!

I like that the state of the game is thinking 30 is a small number.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Very Well said.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

Posted by: SsQ.3681

SsQ.3681

I am a guild leader and I was the only commander in my guild. It made me feel a lot of pressures when I lead WvW team for 10 months in T1, so I decided to train new commander to help me. But the plan that training new commanders is still failed. They were disappointed after realizing nobody follow them on wvw. After a lot of failed training, my members understand that it is not so easy to be a commander, so many of my members start to help me to handle guild’s stuff. They want me to feel “comfortable” when I lead on wvw. I suggest finding some good friends to help you manage your guild if u love wvw more. =)

Ssq And Her Happy Partners [SAHP]

Ssq

(edited by SsQ.3681)

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Like when you wake up in the morning with a splitting headache and a pool of vomit by the bedside?

And you swear by all that’s holy that you’re never, EVER going to get drunk again?

in WvW

Posted by: Oren.1736

Oren.1736

I feel same way, got my commander almost a year now, but i hardly flag on, just little patience atm, i still give out advice though.
a piece of advice i can give is to always play with party of friends, and do with them as you want but flagging on, so at least you got your close 5 group to fall back on.

S U P E R Oron – [TCHU]
Charr Guardian – Gandara(EU)
“KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOMS”

in WvW

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Vary your playtime. You’re burned out because you do the same thing over and over again. So don’t. There are other things to do in WvW then just commanding and running with a zerg.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Just lead in prime time with full force. Let others lead in other times. So u dont get kitten ed off.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I got my commander 6 months ago. Was commanding a couple of times. After I realized the stress it pulls on you, I decided that it ain’t worth it. GW2 is a game I wanna enjoy and it shouldn’t turn to a 2nd work place. So I stepped back and did not command ever since.

Otherwise I can only suggest taking a break from the game for some time. You might be surprised how many hours a day has, without having to play GW2 (or any other game for that manner).

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

The C&S system has no features to “delegate”. As a commander you are expected to do it all. If we had a grouping system that was flexible enough and allowed you to make “assistants” to help manage the squad it would be much easier for commanders.

Warhammer Online’s “warband” was by far the best PvP grouping system I’ve used. You could assign assistants who could invite, manage 5 groups and help out while the commander just leads.

GW2 has a long way to go before it has a decent grouping system….

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

IMO, go play a different game for a while. Take a break, let a few patches role in and then consider returning. The changes put into the game while you are away will likely make it feel renewed.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

i’m back on gunners my home server after having a long stint on sor, i’m just a pug but i do notice good commanders, went back in wvw followed a HT commander and was alot of fun and that is how it should be, smiling and laughing whilst playing, this guy/gurl just had a good sense of humour and it just came across in their commanding.

everyone needs time out it sounds like for you it was getting to stressful and serious.

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

IMO, go play a different game for a while. Take a break, let a few patches role in and then consider returning. The changes put into the game while you are away will likely make it feel renewed.

But we are talking about WvW. Not PvE and its patches. You think new mastery would prevent burnout?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

How about they add some more features to commanding?

Like Air strikes !

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Dolyak bombarding.
Skritt paratroopers

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

dont make the servers/guilds problems your own. if the server or guild lacks commanders its not your job to make up for it. of course you also want success, but you need to draw the line somewhere or you will just quit the game for good at some time, also you will get moody and powered out and your commanding will suffer aswell as your other activities outside GW2.

by the way taking a break of at least 2 weeks (DONT do PVE or anything like that, quit the game completely – you will keep watching the score and maps and keep your stress level up if you keep playing the game) – helps a real lot. It feels like playing the game while it was new when you come back, all the routine is gone and if you did manage to really let go of it you will enjoy coming back and meeting your friends again.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Take a week off, and play something else while letting another commander take the slack. I found just walking away for a week to deal with RL stuff really does clear your head. Good luck

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

WvW Player: “Hey ANet, I think that passion we used to have is gone…”

ANet: “Oh come on baby, check out this living story, it’s got loads of new content.”

WvW Player: “It’s not you, it’s me…I have needs.”

ANet: “Oh come on baby, check out this living story, it’s got loads of new content.”

WvW Player: “…and I feel like you don’t even listen to me anymore…”

WvW Player: “alright, !#$% this I’m out!”

ANet: “We’re aware of the problems and are working towards ideas that may potentially work to resolve them in the future.”

WvW Player: “Really!? Like what?”

ANet: “Not prepared to say at this time…in the meanwhile check out this living story, it’s got loads of new content.”

WvW Player: “Oh what the #&$%! We need a break…maybe we can try this again when you get your #$%& together!”

/sigh……

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

But we are talking about WvW. Not PvE and its patches. You think new mastery would prevent burnout?

In the last patches we have seen WvW gear added, WxP levels, masteries, far more loot drops, siege changes, numerous class balance changes, randomized server matches, culling removal and a lot of smaller tweaks here and there.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

make your gaming experience as un stressful as possible. dont lash out at people who whine/bait/cant control their feelings, dont argue in map chat, dont lash out at guild members for trivial things, dont play during your bed time, dont beat yourself up when you eventually make a mess (we all make a mess), and ABOVE ALL spread free, undiscriminating love as far and as wide as you can without feeling drained of energy.

<3

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Dude you just necroed a thread that had the last reply 23 days ago. I think the stress problem for this particular commander is already solved.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

its a very important issue that i have experienced. All who enter the MMO culture will experience too much of a good thing so all should be aware they run the risk. peace infinite waters diving deep!