Commander Tag Colors

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

When will the differently colored tags happen? I think months ago the result from the CDI was, that it could be implemented fast and easy. Yet there is no sign of it so far.

Also dont forget about the WvW achievements which were supposed to be reworked 2013 and the other commander changes.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

…………………..

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It was found in some datamine thingy afaik, after that it vanished into thin air like your everyday thief. Would be nice if the made the tags account bound aswell.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Yes it was found I think in april datamine. Sadly seems like its not priority anymore.

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I don’t quite get the obsession with the colored commander tags. Yes, they would be nice and should have been in the game a year ago, but at this point in time they will do absolutely nothing to resurrect the stagnated and dying WvW. I mean if we are really going to clamor at the devs for stuff how about the PPT/scoring/population issues we brought up in the very first month the game was released? New maps? Those things will at least make a big difference and possibly reignite some WvW passion. Ultimately what we will get is the tag color change and the devs will think it’s a great achievement and the players will say “it’s nice, but that’s it?”

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its something O____O

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I don’t quite get the obsession with the colored commander tags. Yes, they would be nice and should have been in the game a year ago

So true, the people who wanted this have probably already left. Guild now run without tags, so they have no use of them unless it’s an open raid.

But there are still some who still want this, tbh some PvE event could really do with it as well, but still nothing :P

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I don’t quite get the obsession with the colored commander tags. Yes, they would be nice and should have been in the game a year ago, but at this point in time they will do absolutely nothing to resurrect the stagnated and dying WvW. I mean if we are really going to clamor at the devs for stuff how about the PPT/scoring/population issues we brought up in the very first month the game was released? New maps? Those things will at least make a big difference and possibly reignite some WvW passion. Ultimately what we will get is the tag color change and the devs will think it’s a great achievement and the players will say “it’s nice, but that’s it?”

Yep. This is the problem with Anet’s taking so long to do anything. By the time they get the thing ready its too late.

Same thing happened with EOTM – initially something to do while you wait for queues. Well by the time it came out queues were not a problem anymore. Saying it was a new map is double talk. Sure its a new map but its not a new WvW map.

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Anet loves to break promises. All market speech

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

If they do eventually do this (and they might) it would be great if the tags included a guild emblem, or even, maybe.. were the guild emblem. This would solve the need for colours etc. and maybe even help with recruiting.

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

If they do eventually do this (and they might) it would be great if the tags included a guild emblem, or even, maybe.. were the guild emblem. This would solve the need for colours etc. and maybe even help with recruiting.

That would be great, but I dont think the resolution is high enough to make the guild emblems. You could have a dolly icon though, heh. A simpler solution IMO is the ability to name your commander tag (show on map, not minimap).

That way you can write short notes like “[LOL] Open raid” or [HAHA] Guild raid" or “Havoc”. You could have 5 commanders on the map and instantly see who’s who. Even if they are all the same colors and icons.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Anet is just too lazy to get this done, an intern could probably do this lol

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Suggestions-Commander-Edition/first#post4245666

The old one was locked due to the mass necro, but ya…where the hell, even they agree though apparently (same post, but with dev saying a few words): https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Commander-UI-and-Sub-commanders/first#post4244905

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Terrier.8732

That would be great, but I dont think the resolution is high enough to make the guild emblems. You could have a dolly icon though, heh. A simpler solution IMO is the ability to name your commander tag (show on map, not minimap).

That way you can write short notes like “[LOL] Open raid” or [HAHA] Guild raid" or “Havoc”. You could have 5 commanders on the map and instantly see who’s who. Even if they are all the same colors and icons.

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Terrier.8732

Yes, the resolution would definitely be an issue. But I wonder if, when commanders tag up, as you say, they had a little dialogue box to enter details of group such as:

Open Raid
Closed Guild Raid
Havoc squad
Roaming Group
(insert class) Fun Raid

or even for Pve commanders e.g., :

Teq Group 1

+ guild logo of commander

etc.

And then, this dialogue would show up if tag was moused over on mini map or map. like a simple “pop up” similar to what is seen on the wvwintel site.

That would really increase communication on the map, allow commanders to control the kind of raid they want to run, and solve the current commander tag issues.

Hope the devs read this, as I don’t think this approach has been discussed before (but I could be wrong).

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Hope the devs read this, as I don’t think this approach has been discussed before (but I could be wrong).

Oh it was only discussed first 2 years ago, then a couple more times over the years. I posted a concept mockup a year ago (complete with squad name) in one of the many popular commander threads. Here is my latest iteration (previous had a slightly confusing slider for color). And no, the devs dont read this. That much has always been obvious. Despite polling us asking if we wanted simple or them to take longer to implement many changes (we wanted simple), they’ve done nothing. Even the most basic changes that was orginally requested – private commander only visible to guild so you dont have to tag target them – fall completely on deaf ears. Just any single thing of this (change name and show it on minimap OR change color OR change shape OR turn it private) would have made people so much happier, but nope. They give us a monkey king costume instead. Everybody is happy. I guess?

Sidenote: And they havent even made it account bound. Legendaries, ascended, color dyes, skins, WvW skills, everything has been made account bound… Except the commander tag. Now do you see where I’m going? Hoping for them to change it is long past.

Attachments:

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Commander Tag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

commander decides how many people he wants in squad. commander can invite people in squad (similar to party invite). once the number has been reached, tag disappears from map for anyone not in squad. other commanders on map can see the tag.

this could also limit zerging (if max people in squad was 30-40)

(edited by PetricaKerempuh.7958)