Commander Tag: RIP focus/ranged party tags

in WvW

Posted by: Everlost.8356

Everlost.8356

I’d like to start off with saying i like the overal update to the squad UI. The only thing that bothers me, which people already complained about in the beta, is that with the new UI you can not have multiple tags in one squad and therefore the use of tags in guild raids or even in a little more structured open mic raids has been minimalized to only the driver since the purpose of the other tags was not to lead the squad but just to make the person tagging up more visible to the driver/commander. I’d like to see that changed if that is possible.

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

You can still do this it’s just not convenient. The only thing you can’t do is have two commanders in the same ‘party’ for buff purposes. You can split you squad into several squads if you want and they can still have parties in their separate squads. The supply shouldn’t be an issue since it seems more organized groups would be using multiple tags and they can just have the different squads report the supply. Again not convenient but doable.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Posted by: erik.8743

erik.8743

100% Agree rip focus party and caster tags!

Fashion master

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

You can still do this it’s just not convenient. The only thing you can’t do is have two commanders in the same ‘party’ for buff purposes. You can split you squad into several squads if you want and they can still have parties in their separate squads. The supply shouldn’t be an issue since it seems more organized groups would be using multiple tags and they can just have the different squads report the supply. Again not convenient but doable.

One of the best feature of the Squad UI change is the “hidden commander tag” (only squad members can see it). It’s in the game, right? Couldn’t log in yet, so dunno..
It makes guild raids possible without unwanted pugs.
But you can’t use focus/ranged party tag with this setup as you either don’t see it from the other squad (close to pointless to use this way) or everyone can see it (you can’t do really-closed raid).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Everlost.8356

Bubi, as far as i’ve seen the only options are "closed " and “open” squads but that is only for the way people can join the squad, u cant actually make ur tag invisible i think.

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

One of the best feature of the Squad UI change is the “hidden commander tag” (only squad members can see it). It’s in the game, right? Couldn’t log in yet, so dunno..
It makes guild raids possible without unwanted pugs.
But you can’t use focus/ranged party tag with this setup as you either don’t see it from the other squad (close to pointless to use this way) or everyone can see it (you can’t do really-closed raid).

Ah, didn’t realize that was an option, yea that would make it much harder xD.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

You can use the new wonderful “Mentor” tag unless thats been disabled in WvW, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Everlost.8356

its disabled in WvW loosmaster

in WvW

Posted by: Ark.7123

Ark.7123

Yep, we used to have necro with melee and make ‘em tag-up…. What i’m supposed to do ? make squad of just 1 ppl.
The squad UI is cool, really i can take a look on my raid ezly, especially for the boon share between parties…

BUT PLZ EVERYONE KNOWS THAT TF GUILDS USE MULTIPLE TAGS !!!!!!!! Its not new, and if u want to keep tf guild focus more on giving em a good game experience than doin’ PvE in WvW.

Gw2 could be a great GvG plateform, just think about it, tournaments, guild ladder, multiple format 15v15, 20v20 & 25v25. I’m pretty sure every player in tf guild dream about that….
And it could grab a lot of players who r looking for competitiv gvg.

Anyway, the fact that we can’t tag-up anymore is annoying … really…

So please, try to fit in our shoes before changing things in wvw. Pugs mostly don’t even join squad or parties when they are following OpenMic, and now even simple guild raid use multiple tag…

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

its disabled in WvW loosmaster

Why am I not surprised.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I can’t imagine it would be difficult to promote someone within the UI as a sub commander. I’m sure it will take some time but I think it’s possible to do.

in WvW

Everlost.8356

@grifflyman i like that idea. Would be nice if they did that

in WvW

Posted by: Ark.7123

Ark.7123

UP

i’d like to remind something to Anet dev …. we BOUGHT our tags with golds and YOU changed the way we can use it, like, 2 years after ? What the * is wrong with you ??

Ok !! i said it, the new UI is cool for the raid leader but why don’t you take into consideration the idea of grifflyman.8102 ?? If Raid leader could select some sub-com ( with no limitations like if i want 4 tags in 1 party i should be able to ) … Please, do something for the tf community, WvW is dying and soon u’ll only have zerg running over maps like EoTm …

Yesterday during our raid ppl keep dc’d and had massive lag, like 500 more ping while fighting 70 (+/-) zerg against 2 raids of us ( 10 and 25 ) THEN the mid event started… hard-dc, big lag 800 ping, comp taking ages to cast, and we leaved the map….

Anyway… Dev don’t give a **** about what we like in the game. They are doing what ever they want and we are completely ignored in here. No feedback, not even a post “sry for the lag, orking on it”… I’m tired of this game thats a shame cuz i luv it … really … But the new map with no population ( i’m on T1 server ) – i’m not playing a treking simulator !!!!! i want to FIGHT !! – , massive lags, dc, PvE event, etc !!
I’m proud of being a pvp player, i hate pve, and i think lots of players play in the same way, WE ONLY PLAY FOR GVG AND WvW…

So i’m giving up the forum, the lack of communication, do what ever u want with ur game, kill it, burn it, drown it, cuz its what is happening.

And yep btw thx for lying “focus on wvw” … Yep ….

EDIT :

#wait4CU
#wait4CrowFall
#needRvR&GvGWithCompetitiveLadder
#DeleteMyPostIfUWant
#AngryBaguette

(edited by Ark.7123)

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

I fail to see the problem. Focus and ranged party can still tag up, so..?

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Everlost.8356

I fail to see the problem. Focus and ranged party can still tag up, so..?

The problem is that u’d want to have multiple tags up in one party at one moment as a guild raid. For example: The commanderdecides to shove in the necro’s in the melee parties to provide them with stab and he also would like to see every necro in his party tagged up so he can see how they position themselves. Since the necro is in the party with the commander he can not tag up anymore.

This is just one example while there are a lot more different uses for multiple tags in one party. I love the new squad UI, it looks good and feels way more intuitive than it did in the beta but i just think its a shame that they removed this functionality which was already there.

in WvW

Posted by: lilcoffeebean.3149

lilcoffeebean.3149

The squad UI is a pretty great thing and something that the WvW community has needed. That said, having sub-commanders in the same squad would only add more functionality to a good mechanic. More functionality is always a nice thing and it would be nice to feel like the dev’s are listening to the WvW community, with what is a relatively small change.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion.
Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Lilcoffeebean~Yak’s Bend~Perfect Dark [PD]