Commander bannok(sbi) transferring to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Ueye.1625

Ueye.1625

Commander Bannok from SBI – known most commonly to lead pugs into battle is rumored to be transferring to BG.

My question is: Why BG?

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Why not send him a PM or mail in game and ask instead of hoping he is on the forums, reads your post and decide to respond?

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

Bannok hasnt offically tagged for SBI in months, although ill confirm that 9 of DC members have xfered to BG as Bannok and other higher ranked DC member are still on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

Not transferring. Game mode is dead, everyone knows it. Arena Net has failed at improving WvW, they were given plenty of time, but refused to do so. Instead they implemented changes testers hated, and other mechanics people were not crazy about. WvW participation is at an all time low, most of the people returning for expansion have already left. Was fun, had a ton of good fights, but focus in this game is clearly not what many of us had wanted.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

Transferring at this point for anyone doesn’t make much sense. Actually, looking back its tough not feel slighted when Anet freely monetized WvW by milking cash from players transferring upwards to chase that ever shrinking WvW action.

It’s absolutely amazing that a big part of whether or not a player got to really experience WvW complete with epic fights, rivalries, camaraderie and those omgwtfbbq moments was all decided in a few seconds after a new player finishes that GW2 install and reaches the World Selection prompt…

in WvW

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

White Whale Down….White Whale Down……

in WvW

Posted by: Ueye.1625

Ueye.1625

Not transferring. Game mode is dead, everyone knows it. Arena Net has failed at improving WvW, they were given plenty of time, but refused to do so. Instead they implemented changes testers hated, and other mechanics people were not crazy about. WvW participation is at an all time low, most of the people returning for expansion have already left. Was fun, had a ton of good fights, but focus in this game is clearly not what many of us had wanted.

Thank you Commander Bannok for squashing the rumor I heard stated with such certainty today in EoTM. I am saddened that you will not be leading the charge again, but understand your frustration.

I’m not a fan of all the ‘Negative Nancy’ talk going on in WvW. But yet, I still enjoy the gameplay on a casual basis. I believe there is such a thing as: Caring-Too-Much. Maybe this is the case with some Commanders letting go of the leadership role.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

And as a result, my wxp gain was cut in 1/2

Good job Anet.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

BG is known as the brain dead server. Not really surprising

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

i thought this thread will end up like the meaning of this song…….
(im listening to this while reading this thread)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1tVgTt5C0A

that also i asked to my guild who transfered from one server to another…

My question is: Why (insert a server here) to the guild leader and other officers?

Anet have mercy……

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

:(…

Nooooo

Is the rest of DC following you?

Well… I’m sure you’ll be fine wherever your hissy fit takes you:)

Much love Bannok, you will be missed

CCCP….

(edited by Trajan.4953)

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

All the legendary commanders are leaving the game or have already left long ago. Not a good sign at all.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why these commanders can’t l2p and start do small scale?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

All servers are pretty much the same with differing populations and various commander personalities. The concept that some server is better or worse than another almost completely revolves around the populations on that server during certain time zones.

There was a time this wasn’t as true when TC was an RP server, YB was a defense server and Mags was a GvG server but that time has long passed. Having been on nearly a dozen servers since release, they are all pretty much the same. Wait for driver, zerg. Don’t like to zerg, roam.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Players are looking for fights and it’s as simple as that. WvW is dead and has been after last tournament.

Bannok is probably one of the last handful of long term commanders holding on to the game, and it’s players like that who helped keep wvw alive as long as it has been. There is only so long players will hang on to a dev team that shows little care toward what makes a great pvp experience, and those are profession development, combat mechanics and rvr development. All three go hand and hand, and with the exception of a general “smoothness” to combat and freedom of movement, this game is subpar and underdeveloped. There are not any real “roles” to diversify meta gameplay, and more and more “gimmicks” are thrown into the experience. To top it all off, there are ZERO meangiful personal and team and guild rewards. WvW is a waste of time overall.

Professions and wvw and spvp are a mess, players held on long enough. I forsee many moving on even after they see what is in the update as well.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Professions and wvw and spvp are a mess, players held on long enough. I forsee many moving on even after they see what is in the update as well.

I feel like Tom Hanks in the middle of the ocean yelling for wilson when I enter or think about wvw. A few years ago this was gunna be super awesome business, 3 years later the hope floats away.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

All servers are pretty much the same with differing populations and various commander personalities. The concept that some server is better or worse than another almost completely revolves around the populations on that server during certain time zones.

There was a time this wasn’t as true when TC was an RP server, YB was a defense server and Mags was a GvG server but that time has long passed. Having been on nearly a dozen servers since release, they are all pretty much the same. Wait for driver, zerg. Don’t like to zerg, roam.

^What he said. I really liked that servers were known for a particular tactic or style. It’s what made the game fun and rivals were made. All of that is gone now

in WvW

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

There goes another of the all-time greats. Tough to hang on to this game mode no doubt.

collector of liquid aurillium

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I forsee many moving on even after they see what is in the update as well.

People will move on because of what they see in the update. Anet’s vision is clearly completely different from WvW players’. There’s no chance they deliver.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

[quote=

People will move on because of what they see in the update. Anet’s vision is clearly completely different from WvW players’. There’s no chance they deliver.
[/quote]

That may be the case. But if a new group takes up the mantle, and the Old Guard dies, what does it matter?

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

That may be the case. But if a new group takes up the mantle, and the Old Guard dies, what does it matter?

[/quote]

LOL. As if people are quitting because they can’t handle change. No. People are quitting because Anet has “developed” WvW into oblivion. There isn’t going to be a new group taking up the mantle.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

LOL. As if people are quitting because they can’t handle change. No. People are quitting because Anet has “developed” WvW into oblivion. There isn’t going to be a new group taking up the mantle.

Nope. Many people can’t handle changes.. Look back at all the things that made players quit wvw according to these forums. siege disablers, stability, no white sword test event, golem week, and the new desert bl. Probably missing a few others as someone else recently uninstalled because rev CoR got changed again.

Its a game that many play to have fun. If you are not having fun move on as I doubt you will ever get that fun back.. For some of us we still have fun.. Yea hard to believe with the amount of QQ’ing that goes around in these forums but it is true.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I’m sorry but that’s just nonsense. We all agree that WvW in general is in dire straights and many of the old guard have indeed left. But both last night and night before on Black Gate’s EB, I’ve seen zergs led by Commanders who I’ve never seen before (or at the very least, I’m not remotely familiar with). That’s proof enough that there are still players out there willing to take up the mantle and replace those who have given up. Will they be as good as some of our previous veteran commanders who have been tagging up since Beta ?

Probably not. But everyone has to start somewhere…

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I’m sorry but that’s just nonsense. We all agree that WvW in general is in dire straights and many of the old guard have indeed left. But both last night and night before on Black Gate’s EB, I’ve seen zergs led by Commanders who I’ve never seen before (or at the very least, I’m not remotely familiar with). That’s proof enough that there are still players out there willing to take up the mantle and replace those who have given up. Will they be as good as some of our previous veteran commanders who have been tagging up since Beta ?

You’re on the most active map in the most populated tier that players are also migrating towards… I should hope you’ve noticed some new faces.

I can say the same thing. I know for sure that there are players out there looking for fight guilds to run with but then that doesn’t mean said guilds aren’t quickly becoming fewer. This isn’t about player quality. Taking up the mantle of leader means diddly squat when the mode is bleeding players much faster than gaining them. So let’s not pretend that what WvWvW is losing is somehow being replaced.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

You’re on the most active map in the most populated tier that players are also migrating towards… I should hope you’ve noticed some new faces.

I can say the same thing. I know for sure that there are players out there looking for fight guilds to run with but then that doesn’t mean said guilds aren’t quickly becoming fewer. This isn’t about player quality. Taking up the mantle of leader means diddly squat when the mode is bleeding players much faster than gaining them. So let’s not pretend that what WvWvW is losing is somehow being replaced.

That’s all well and nice. But lets not also act like everywhere is a case of no one tagging up (or taking up the mantle of leadership so to speak) just because most of the old guard have had enough. And that was my only point. Yes the game mode itself is bleeding players. But tier one is still managing queues on EB in the middle of the week. So as long as there are fights to be had, people will come out to play. Obviously that is not the case for the lower tiers so it looks like server merges and/or mega server for WvW is all but a done deal.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Well welcome him to the server of handholding. Winning price goes to BG, i hope he enjoy the stay.

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

Was not purchased. Staying on SBI. No longer commanding, nor running guild raids. Focusing on sandbox(what I crave) mmo for now, slight PvE. I couldnt imagine playing on any other server.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Ah kitten, I thought you said we were moving to Anvil Rock?

How much to transfer back to SBI? I have 6g76s left..

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

SBI still has some pretty good pug fights when we are at our peak time, Bannok hasn’t tagged up in months so it’s given the server a lot of time to adjust to new tags.

The sad fact is that if you want WvW to work the way it’s intended to in its current state you have to play on a server that has active WvW community and coverage and that can only be found in tier 1 at the moment.

Bannok is right about Anet taking too long to address things, you’ve basically got 15+ servers that can’t really enjoy a mode unless certain conditions are just right (reset night) and there’s very little left to fight for since 90% of the WvW community knows the mechanics of the mode are broken.

I still have hope remaining that Anet can address some of the major issues, such as scoring and population adjustments but it will always be flawed.

In the meantime I can assure you that SBI will keep afloat till Bannok gets bored of his bagels and his retirement.

(edited by grifflyman.8102)

in WvW

Posted by: TheSongBringer.2834

TheSongBringer.2834

Sad to see Bannok go. I left the game almost a year ago, but I still check the forums when I am bored.

I still remember clashing pug blobs against Bannok in EB. He was the best thing they had going for em.

I haven’t yet found a game that does what we always wanted for WvW to do. It had such potential, but for some reason it always seemed to fall flat. We hoped that the devs would be able to breath life back into it, but alas.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Wasn’t Bannok the commander who sat in SM for hours using his 30 man zerg to wipe 4-6 man roaming groups as they passed SM?

Or was that someone else on SBI?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.