Commander for 100 g.... Why?

in WvW

Posted by: GiRoSkItSoO.9863

GiRoSkItSoO.9863

One thing that is very aggravating in WvW, is not being able to form and run a (“warband” , “Squad” , “Raidgroup”) or whatever you want to call it. Being that in GW2, actually being in a group does not affect “Good or bad” your ability to gain rewards from kills, captures or defences, i don’t see the point in having this commander buff that you buy at all. Basically what it is doing is making it harder for people to strategize with a large group, or several large groups to take over a zone, it only encourages people to not look for groups and just “Follow the Green Dots” which enforces the zerg mentality.

Sure, arguably you can just try to strategize with people in team chat and for the most part that is what happens as i see very few people who have actually dropped 100g on that commander buff. i just don’t understand the logic behind it at all. anyone should be able to create a squad just because its a necessary part of Mass PvP organization. I think it would help, especially on servers that don’t have the numbers, people to make a more organized and effective fight against there enemies.

Just my thoughts on it..
remove the commander book that you have buy, refund players who have bought it and allow anyone to create and run a squad. i’m sure there will be improvements on the battlefield.

Tks, GiRo…

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Um from the title I thought you going to say it should be merit based but you want it even easier. NTY.

I would like the 100g to be appended with 1000 badges or some kind of achievement based for WvW like kill count so people have to invest the time into and be good at it.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: djoeb.2053

djoeb.2053

This whole part of the system could use a bit of an overhaul.

You can keep badges if you want, or replace them, but either add or change to a karma-based WvW system where defending keeps gives you “honor” for lack of a better word. Then you can bring back Yak rewards and just strip out the karma and coin and give “honor”

Then add another set of armor for “honor” .. it can take a long time to achieve, but it should be consistent. Or just as I said, keep badges and allow us to buy badges with honor.

And the commander badge as said should cost badges, just take the money part out of it honestly. Or honor, or honor and badges.

(edited by djoeb.2053)

in WvW

Posted by: Humunculus.2437

Humunculus.2437

djoeb i like your thinking

in WvW

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

A selling point in gw2 was teamplay, something they are currently bottlenecking big time with this current system. Something that would be drastically improved by the autogrouping I’ve mentioned hundreds of times with commander being replaced wtih this system.

No reason to make people have to pay for something that is a basic mechanic required for the format to be even slightly playable.

Even though it isn’t my kind of teamplay, and there isn’t really any “you will be using skill combos with other proffessions” really going on here, another gw2 selling point, it is teamplay in the most basic form possible, of being able to just group together.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

in WvW

Posted by: Newbie.4586

Newbie.4586

I like the people who buy the commander book but then do no actual commanding and stand in town using it to promote their guild/ sit afk at a WvWvW spawn point doing nothing and then complaining about how no ones leading…..

So yes I would prefer a merit based system then just a ffa or who has most gold system.
Hell I would like to see a server vote and a Overall Commander for WvWvW for each server but that would be over the top I think.

in WvW

Posted by: kousei.5914

kousei.5914

I know everyone wants to say badges only, etc but you can’t. The system is in place for both WvW AND PvE. You can’t force PvE’rs to buy it with WvW badges unless you split it into 2 items (1 for PvE and 1 for WvW). I wouldn’t mind this as this would also allow them to make the PvE one much cheaper for guilds that just want to run together to do events.

But either way, making it based on badges, gold, achievement points, etc still doesn’t accomplish anything. It’ll still recognize those that farm the required item the most rather than those that can actually lead. The server has to be involved in selecting who should be allowed to show commander icon in WvW if it’s ever going to be resolved.

Leader of Marked Souls [MkS]
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: CardboardBox.6087

CardboardBox.6087

Well 100g does make it more exclusive in order to prevent a whole bunch of commander icons messing up the map as they run around. I’d say 100g and a certain number of kills in WvW or time spent in there before the commander book is available to said buyer.

in WvW

Posted by: Shirou.4098

Shirou.4098

I bought the commander book yesterday from my guilds donations towards it so we can do better WvW action and where they can see me on the map.

But what i would like to have is to see who is in your squad, and lock your squad and invite/kick members from it.

Currently people can see me but i wanna see the members in my squad as well.. people talk over the squad channel but i am like wtf.. i can’t even see who i am talking with.